Debate #1 -- Clinton v Trump --- 2016 -- OFFICIAL THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
right......Hilly started the baiting with a personal attack..geez when are you folks going to get a grasp on reality
. Ohh they got a grasp on their twisted reality alright, it's just not the reality that a majority in this country would want their reality to be.
You are the guys who won't leave the GOP no matter how bad it gets

I voted for Obama 2x and regret it. Hillary is not getting a chance from me.
Because he got us out of the great recession and consumer confidence is up after 70 straight month of job growth?

Yea Romney or McCain would have been better
. No one got us out of anything... The gig is up, then it's on to something else to make money or to invest in... No one is gonna kill their golden goose, and if they get close they will quickly give first aid to the goose (i.e. the economy). The politicians just ride the train until it slows, then they claim they helped turn it around when it was heading that direction any way.
But trump says be can fix the tax code he benefitted from. He's lying?

I think John Oliver did a pretty good take on the difference between Donald vs. Hillary in his last show. They even uploaded the clip about Donald vs. Hillary online for others to take a look:

Bottom line for me: Yes, Hillary is bad, but Trump is so, so much worse.

There is something most people should remember though:
There are more choices than simply Hillary or Donald. While I wouldn't recommend Gary Johnson (I'd put him as 2nd worst, right after Trump), I personally support Jill Stein, of the Green Party. Yes, Jill's currently polling at just over %2, but if you can't stomach supporting the lesser of two evils, as Colbert so brilliantly put it, you can support her anyway. I like to think of it a bit like the film 300. They know they're not going to win, they just don't care; they're showing people the right thing to do, so that maybe next time, people will support the right candidates, instead of the wrong ones...

Not one fortune 500, not one conservative newspaper and not 1 bush is going to endorse or vote for trump.

If cons won't listen to the corporations they worship, wtf?

. Ohh they got a grasp on their twisted reality alright, it's just not the reality that a majority in this country would want their reality to be.

Because he got us out of the great recession and consumer confidence is up after 70 straight month of job growth?

. No one got us out of anything... The gig is up, then it's on to something else to make money or to invest in... No one is gonna kill their golden goose, and if they get close they will quickly give first aid to the goose (i.e. the economy). The politicians just ride the train until it slows, then they claim they helped turn it around when it was heading that direction any way.
The Tax Code is a compilation of thousands of individual statutes/laws. To "fix" the tax Code is to revise one or more of them.

Yea ye

The Tax Code is a compilation of thousands of individual statutes/laws. To "fix" the tax Code is to revise one or more of them.
yea yea. I have two choices? Believe lying trump the carnival Barker or stick with the Democrats and give the Senate back to Democrats and blow up the GOP.

I say blow up the GOP.

Things were good before Gw bush. He made his daddy look like a saint.

And a vote for trump is a vote for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell agenda. And the supremes

Yea ye

yea yea. I have two choices? Believe lying trump the carnival Barker or stick with the Democrats and give the Senate back to Democrats and blow up the GOP.

I say blow up the GOP.

And a vote for trump is a vote for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell agenda. And the supremes

You have 4 choices in the presidential election, at least among those on the ballot in enough states to be able to win the required number of electoral votes.

Yea ye

I say blow up the GOP.

The Tax Code is being revised much of the time.

The view that Clinton won extends across demographic groups other than Republicans; the only difference is the degree. Even among Republicans, fewer than half, 45 percent, say Trump won, while 83 percent of Democrats pick Clinton. Independents go 50-14 percent in Clinton's favor. And even conservatives see Clinton as the winner, if by a comparatively narrow 40-27 percent.

There are other divisions. Men say Clinton won by 48-19 percent; among women it's 58-18 percent. Whites divide by 44-26 percent in Clinton's favor; nonwhites pick Clinton by 72-5 percent. And while whites who lack a college degree divide 35-29 percent between Clinton and Trump, that expands to 58-21 percent among whites with a four-year degree.

Results are similar among registered voters; they pick Clinton as the debate winner by 51-21 percent over Trump. And Clinton's favorable-unfavorable rating among registered voters is 43-55 percent; Trump's, 37-61 percent.

Clinton Trounces in Debate Reactions; Trump's Unfavorability Edges Up

Hillary Clinton kicked Trump's ass. Every single post debate focus group, (even Trump supporters) were jumping ship and moving over to Hillary Clinton's column.

While I know we have Trump supporters and right wing talk shows hosts in absolute denial (doing everything they can to convince you that what you witnessed last night didn't happen) it did. 100 million viewers saw it all.

It was clear it was a disaster for Trump. During the first 10 minutes of the debate Trump did his very best to act and look Presidential, up until the very second that Clinton "criticized" him over his tax/economic plan--and from then on it was downhill all the way. He interrupted her 51 times and she was more than content to let him ramble on and on and on, and that hole just got deeper and deeper and deeper. It was a rope a dope debate, and she had 100% control over it.

Now for those of you that are thinking he'll do better in the 2nd and 3rd debates, forget it. He cannot be controlled nor can he stand criticism of any kind and that's why he imploded last night. Trump is a narcissist and the very worst thing you can do to a narcissist is be critical of them or their policies. They will immediately lose focus & control and do everything they can, including using an entire debate to regain ground over their inflated view of their self image. Here is a great article on this mental disability, and why you should NEVER give a narcissist unbridled power. And now for anyone thinking of voting for Trump. where a President gets 24/7 criticism coming from every direction, just what kind of a President do you think Donald Trump would really make? A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

FIRSTDEBATE-matson.jpg

Last edited:
and running a phone poll where 90% of the callers are democrat isn't scientific.
My prediction is trump insults hillary so bad in the second debate, he takes a huge hit for it and hillary skips debating the nut for a 3rd time and have him rant and rave like Hitler all the way to election day.
After the first debate, Trump admits he didn't go after her family. He will probably do so in the second debate in lieu of actually debating anything of any importance. I think in the second debate, Donald is going to show America just how mentally unbalanced he really is.
Sure right after Hillary tried to shame him in the first debate.

You folks make me laugh
I'm sure Hillary would have no problem debating the issues with Trump. However, his inability to do so made it impossible. From almost the beginning of his campaign, he started launching personal attacks toward Hillary, leaders in his own party, Muslims, Hispanics, Blacks, Women, the disabled, every president back to LBJ, and a long list of public figures. People in this country want someone that will fight for them, not some blowhard that get's a perverse pleasure out of name calling and verbal jousting. This is not courage. This is a deep seated mental problem that can cause huge problems for the nation.

:wtf:

Um ... personal attacks ... yeah ... Hillary's against that ...
Donald Trump started his campaign with personal attacks. What else could he do? He had no applicable experience or education. He never wrote a law, negotiated a treaty, served in military, worked in government, demonstrated any knowledge of domestic or foreign policy, or showed any interest in governing util he decided it would be fun to be president. Since his platform is to destroy the establishment, running a negative campaign is a natural.

Trump is really good at media battles. He's been launching attacks on celebrities for at least 20 years. Couple that with his inability to debate issues, negative campaigning is ideal for Trump.

Hillary is far better at positive campaigning because she does have experience and knowledge needed in the presidency. She's also excellent at explaining her platform and debating the issues. She hates negative campaigning and she's not that good at it. When Trump speaks, he bubbles over with angry. Hillary just bubbles.

Hillary Clinton kicked Trump's ass. Every single post debate focus group, (even Trump supporters) were jumping ship and moving over to Hillary Clinton's column.

While I know we have Trump supporters and right wing talk shows hosts in absolute denial (doing everything they can to convince you that what you witnessed last night didn't happen) it did. 100 million viewers saw it all.

It was clear it was a disaster for Trump. During the first 10 minutes of the debate Trump did his very best to act and look Presidential, up until the very second that Clinton "criticized" him over his tax/economic plan--and from then on it was downhill all the way. He interrupted her 51 times and she was more than content to let him ramble on and on and on, and that hole just got deeper and deeper and deeper. It was a rope a dope debate, and she had 100% control over it.

Now for those of you that are thinking he'll do better in the 2nd and 3rd debates, forget it. He cannot be controlled nor can he stand criticism of any kind and that's why he imploded last night. Trump is a narcissist and the very worst thing you can do to a narcissist is be critical of them or their policies. They will immediately lose focus & control and do everything they can, including using an entire debate to regain ground over their inflated view of their self image. Here is a great article on this mental disability, and why you should NEVER give a narcissist unbridled power. And now for anyone thinking of voting for Trump. where a President gets 24/7 criticism coming from every direction, just what kind of a President do you think Donald Trump would really make? A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

FIRSTDEBATE-matson.jpg

I do not agree, they want us to believe it's Trump is dangerous, but it's Hillary who is dangerous, she is doing well against the FBI and its famous e-mails you forget that it could have been dangerous, and it still is, but hey everything is OK, she was only to say, I'm sorry, I would not do it anymore and it's forgotten ... a petie claps hands on the favorite but not too hard because she is to frail and again it's not too serious,everyone could see that she can't stand up that she sick, to sick to be in charge of the USA, you have to be blind to not see it, but Trump would have just a little weak and it will go on and on : it is not fit to be president, what a joke!

Last edited:
My prediction is trump insults hillary so bad in the second debate, he takes a huge hit for it and hillary skips debating the nut for a 3rd time and have him rant and rave like Hitler all the way to election day.
After the first debate, Trump admits he didn't go after her family. He will probably do so in the second debate in lieu of actually debating anything of any importance. I think in the second debate, Donald is going to show America just how mentally unbalanced he really is.

You folks make me laugh
I'm sure Hillary would have no problem debating the issues with Trump. However, his inability to do so made it impossible. From almost the beginning of his campaign, he started launching personal attacks toward Hillary, leaders in his own party, Muslims, Hispanics, Blacks, Women, the disabled, every president back to LBJ, and a long list of public figures. People in this country want someone that will fight for them, not some blowhard that get's a perverse pleasure out of name calling and verbal jousting. This is not courage. This is a deep seated mental problem that can cause huge problems for the nation.

Donald Trump started his campaign with personal attacks. What else could he do? He had no applicable experience or education. He never wrote a law, negotiated a treaty, served in military, worked in government, demonstrated any knowledge of domestic or foreign policy, or showed any interest in governing util he decided it would be fun to be president. Since his platform is to destroy the establishment, running a negative campaign is a natural.

Trump is really good at media battles. He's been launching attacks on celebrities for at least 20 years. Couple that with his inability to debate issues, negative campaigning is ideal for Trump.

Hillary is far better at positive campaigning because she does have experience and knowledge needed in the presidency. She's also excellent at explaining her platform and debating the issues. She hates negative campaigning and she's not that good at it. When Trump speaks, he bubbles over with angry. Hillary just bubbles.
Hillary "positive " campaigning?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You folks make me laugh

"Hillary is far better at positive campaigning "

:lmao: OMG, and you actually believe that too, don't you?

You folks make me laugh

Seriously. Her whole campaign is he hates everyone. What's truly sad and sick is he'd pass a lie detector test he believes that with flying colors. Socialists, they just see what they want to see

You folks make me laugh

Seriously. Her whole campaign is he hates everyone. What's truly sad and sick is he'd pass a lie detector test he believes that with flying colors. Socialists, they just see what they want to see

Donald Trump’s campaign is showing all the signs of entering a spiral. At a very critical stage in the campaign, he is making our own arguments for us about his lacking the temperament to be president.

Trump turned in a shaky debate performance, feuded for days with a Latina former beauty queen over her weight gain, slipped in national and state polls, fired off a series of middle-of-the-night Twitter tirades and speculated without evidence in a rambling speech Saturday night that Clinton may have cheated on her husband. What we’re seeing is somebody who’s blowing himself apart in real time. It’s a pretty extraordinary thing to see. It’s a political death wish, as if at some deep level he doesn’t want to be president. Political operatives and strategists are going to study this week for generations as the textbook case of self-sabotage.

Trump is a billion-dollar loser who won’t release his taxes because they’ll expose him as a spoiled, rich brat who lost the millions he inherited from his father.

Trump’s tax plan — which would cut rates for high-income people like him does not address the rule he may have taken advantage of with his tax filings. He and his campaign have not said whether Trump plans to eliminate or change it.

Donald Trump’s campaign is showing all the signs of entering a spiral. At a very critical stage in the campaign, he is making our own arguments for us about his lacking the temperament to be president.

Trump turned in a shaky debate performance, feuded for days with a Latina former beauty queen over her weight gain, slipped in national and state polls, fired off a series of middle-of-the-night Twitter tirades and speculated without evidence in a rambling speech Saturday night that Clinton may have cheated on her husband. What we’re seeing is somebody who’s blowing himself apart in real time. It’s a pretty extraordinary thing to see. It’s a political death wish, as if at some deep level he doesn’t want to be president. Political operatives and strategists are going to study this week for generations as the textbook case of self-sabotage.

Trump is a billion-dollar loser who won’t release his taxes because they’ll expose him as a spoiled, rich brat who lost the millions he inherited from his father.

Trump’s tax plan — which would cut rates for high-income people like him does not address the rule he may have taken advantage of with his tax filings. He and his campaign have not said whether Trump plans to eliminate or change it.

There have been two sharp plummets in Trump's support nationally and in key swing states. Both occurred immediately after Trump had an opportunity to address a wide national audience. The more America knows about this guy, the less they want him.

Worse, he's preaching to his choir while ignoring the key swing voters. With 54% of independents approving of Obama's job performance, Trump describing Obama's tenure as 'disastrous' and portraying Hillary as Obama's 3rd term is not a smart move.

Oh, sure....it plays well at rallies and when aped by Sean Hannity. But these aren't the people Trump needs to convince to vote for him. Its the undecided and independent voters who by close to 10 points approve of Obama's job performance.

Which, btw, has been a superb indicator of success for in-party presidential runs. With Obama running a higher approval rating than Reagan did before Bush Sr.'s win. None of which is good news for Trump, all of which Trump seems to realize. How can we know?

He's started up with the 'election is rigged' horseshit again. Exactly like he did after his polling numbers plummeted when America got a fetid snootful of the Donald last time.

Last edited:
If look at the issues, Trump and his positions win hands down. The Demon-crats only have extreme hatred for anything Christian in this nation, hard work, patriotism, a fighting spirit, family, and marriage between a man and woman like it should be. Demon-crats turning this nation into their wide spread socialized experiment has got to end... We have seen enough of their way, and what their way has brought us. It's time to rebuild the nation into a nation that was respected in the world, and Trump has the winning combination for doing that.

If look at the issues, Trump and his positions win hands down.

Is that a fact? Well, I beg to differ.

The Demon-crats

Maybe not speaking like a 6-year-old might actually result in rational conversation. Just a thought.

only have extreme hatred for anything Christian in this nation,

This is your own irrational fear talking. I can't speak to it. Trump doesn't address this much at all.

hard work,

Trump has never worked for a living. Ever. Were you born rich too? If not, then you don't know what you're talking about..

patriotism,

Trump is no goddamned patriot. He insults our military and our veterans on television. This is documented and can be found all over the internet. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

a fighting spirit,

Meaningless, but whatever floats your boat.

family, and marriage between a man and woman

Trump is a serial adulterer. It's well documented and why he's been divorced so many times. Your tin pot 'leader' has little ethics and morals. Why you choose to overlook these things is telling as to why you're a supporter.

like it should be.

Gay marriage doesn't profoundly or personally impact your life. Those who say it does are pretty much lying. It is here to stay, so you better get used to it. There isn't a thing Trump will do about it if elected president. Get over it.

Demon-crats turning this nation into their wide spread socialized experiment has got to end... We have seen enough of their way, and what their way has brought us. It's time to rebuild the nation into a nation that was respected in the world, and Trump has the winning combination for doing that.

I'm completely unconvinced. Wanna try to convince me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back