Death Tax

I think you're all missing the point (or not).

The Federal Reserve controls the money, and eventually they'll make sure your wealth is taken back by them.

Income tax, property tax, death tax. It's all designed to erode your wealth.

The only fair tax is a consumption tax through sales taxes and tariffs, but the government doesn't like those because then it gives us, the consumers, a strong measure of control.

The best thing you can do to get around the greedy Fed and government is to barter as much as possible.

Want a "new" lawnmower? Find a high-quality used one and barter for it.

We can beat the government and do it legally. The Federal government is a beast that needs to be put on a serious diet.

Maybe if people will wise up and realize that both political parties are in cahoots there would be a chance for a change.

why don't you change the amendment to gift tax and not income tax then...

why can't you understand that government should not tax either

Govt needs revenue to operate. If "gifts" are not taxed, then everyone will "gift" everything to each other. I'll work for free, and my employer can just "gift" me some money on a regular basis.

Can't they generate revenue some other way than taking it from those who actually work ?

Property tax?

I think you're all missing the point (or not).

The Federal Reserve controls the money, and eventually they'll make sure your wealth is taken back by them.

Income tax, property tax, death tax. It's all designed to erode your wealth.

The only fair tax is a consumption tax through sales taxes and tariffs, but the government doesn't like those because then it gives us, the consumers, a strong measure of control.

The best thing you can do to get around the greedy Fed and government is to barter as much as possible.

Want a "new" lawnmower? Find a high-quality used one and barter for it.

We can beat the government and do it legally. The Federal government is a beast that needs to be put on a serious diet.

I tried to get a new lawnmower by offering Sears my old stereo. It didn't work.

You are so clueless. There is already a huge barter economy in this country. The Feds have been trying to get a handle on it for years and failed miserably. States and municipalities hate it even worse as it cuts into their sales tax revenues.

You are so clueless. There is already a huge barter economy in this country. The Feds have been trying to get a handle on it for years and failed miserably. States and municipalities hate it even worse as it cuts into their sales tax revenues.

Great. How many burgers can I get for my old sneaks?

Stop trying to find ways to cheat your country you selfish neo con fucks.

FYI, I have had numerous occassions when I was rubbing shoulders with very wealthy liberals.

Not a single one of those was remotely interested in doing anything that might take away their advantages and make the USA even remotely a level playing field EITHER.

Oh, they're wax poetic about how they wanted an end to pollution, or gay rights or woman's rights or some insignifant blatherm but when it comes right down to it, they're in BED with the neo-cons because they're in the SAME CLASS as the neo-cons.

STop falling for the scam, that there's a signifcant difference between the leaders of the liberal organizations and the conservative ones, amigo.

There isn't a dimes worth of difference between then when it comes to FINANCIAL issues which really effect this nation.

Last edited:

FYI, I have had numerous occassions when I was rubbing shoulders with very wealthy liberals.

Not a single one of those was remotely interested in doing anything that might take away their advantages and make the USA even remotely a level playing field EITHER.

Oh, they're wax poetic about how they wanted an end to pollution, or gay rights or woman's rights or some insignifant blatherm but when it comes right down to it, they're in BED with the neo-cons because they're in the SAME CLASS as the neo-cons.

STop falling for the scam, that there's a signifcant difference between the leaders of the liberal organizations and the conservative ones, amigo.

There isn't a dimes worth of difference between then when it comes to FINANCIAL issues which really effect this nation.

I'm not falling for anything. I have rubbed elbos( sort of ) with a couple of rich guys..I worked on Gates home in Medina while it was being built so I half assed follow his life and it seems he does more for average people than our whole government at times. I can't think of one rich neo con that has paid back as much as Gates..not even percentage wise.

I'm not falling for anything. I have rubbed elbos( sort of ) with a couple of rich guys..I worked on Gates home in Medina while it was being built so I half assed follow his life and it seems he does more for average people than our whole government at times. I can't think of one rich neo con that has paid back as much as Gates..not even percentage wise.

Rockefellow?

Most of the enormous foundations are based on the fortunes of former extremely conservative (by today's stadards, at least) captains of industry.

I do not see a whole lot of liberal charity out there.

Ironically the only foundation which has ever given my organization cash is run by some of the most conservtive neo-cons in America.

They can't stand my politics, but they like what I do.

I think the financial meltdown has rather screwed them, just as it did so many foundations though.

What I am trying to tell you, Huggy, is that I think you're falling for a simply model of what's going on which is misleading you to be a partisan on behalf of people whose contempt for you (and me, too) is fairly obvious when you look at what they DO , rather than listening to what they SAY.

Rockefellow?

Most of the enormous foundations are based on the fortunes of former extremely conservative (by today's stadards, at least) captains of industry.

I do not see a whole lot of liberal charity out there.

Ironically the only foundation which has ever given my organization cash is run by some of the most conservtive neo-cons in America.

They can't stand my politics, but they like what I do.

I think the financial meltdown has rather screwed them, just as it did so many foundations though.

What I am trying to tell you, Huggy, is that I think you're falling for a simply model of what's going on which is misleading you to be a partisan on behalf of people whose contempt for you (and me, too) is fairly obvious when you look at what they DO , rather than listening to what they SAY.

Well if you are trying to stuff me into a cookie cutter I protest.

Both of my parents were from wealthy(by Seattle standards) families. Thier parents were Eisenhower republicans. They were prudent and inventive acumulating sizable fortunes in banking hotels and oil. Then I saw my parents fall for Nixon and farther on for the fundi grab for power. The privilege they assumed was disgusting. They did not earn anything. Living in thier world you would have thought to hear them tell it that they were entitled by god. They became people without conscience . Whatever mold you assign me my experience was first hand and not indoctrinated by a third party.

so doing things by the letter of the law is now cheating....

if you don't like it, why not advocate a flat tax across the board? what could be more fair than everyone paying the same percentage?

if you don't like it, why not advocate a flat tax across the board? what could be more fair than everyone paying the same percentage?

We are a bit off topic with a flat tax.

But the reason a progressive tax could be more fair is that a flat tax takes money needed for necessities from the poor, and non-necessary luxury money from the rich.

A 25% tax on a family of four trying to get by on $20,000 takes away $5,000 -- money they desparately need for things like health care, education, transportation, food and shelter.

A 25% tax on a family of four making $20 million takes away $5 million. A lot of money, but with $15 million left over, they aren't going to be worried about putting food on the table.

In fact, that family making $20 million could pay a 50% tax and still have $10 million left. True, they may have to buy a little smaller luxury yacht, but they're far from worring about the basics.

Last edited:

The intent of the law is one thing. The letter of the law and it's implementation requires the government be an honest broker...which under the neo cons it is not.

Back to the "Death Tax". Your kids can get millions before any serious tax kicks in. Unless they are morons they can parlay that enormous leg up into whatever thier opportunity and intelligence will bear. We should not be trying to encourage a house of ignorant lazy lords in our country.

But the reason a progressive tax could be more fair is that a flat tax takes money needed for necessities from the poor, and non-necessary luxury money from the rich.

A 25% tax on a family of four trying to get by on $20,000 takes away $5,000 -- money they desparately need for things like health care, education, transportation, food and shelter.

A 25% tax on a family of four making $20 million takes away $5 million. A lot of money, but with $15 million left over, they aren't going to be worried about putting food on the table.

In fact, that family making $20 million could pay a 50% tax and still have $10 million left. True, they may have to buy a little smaller luxury yacht, but they're far from worring about the basics.

i don't see how flat tax is off topic...why not a flat death tax? you are not guaranteed basics in the constitution, even obama admits this. there is no redistribution of wealth in the constitution...as such, your argument violates the constitution....taxes have nothing to do with redistribution of wealth but you and the dems would like to make it so.

The intent of the law is one thing. The letter of the law and it's implementation requires the government be an honest broker...which under the neo cons it is not.

Back to the "Death Tax". Your kids can get millions before any serious tax kicks in. Unless they are morons they can parlay that enormous leg up into whatever thier opportunity and intelligence will bear. We should not be trying to encourage a house of ignorant lazy lords in our country.

and no one used the law to not pay taxes under any dem administration...

that is NOT the purpose of taxes, your argument is unconstitutional

i don't see how flat tax is off topic...why not a flat death tax? you are not guaranteed basics in the constitution, even obama admits this. there is no redistribution of wealth in the constitution...as such, your argument violates the constitution....taxes have nothing to do with redistribution of wealth but you and the dems would like to make it so.

Oh, I thought you were talking about a flat tax income tax. I disagree a progressive tax is unconstitutional.

Last edited:
Under the Forbes flat tax the poor won't pay any Federal tax becuase the first 30 or 35 k is exempt from taxation for everyone. There are no loop holes. No attempt to use the tax codes to modify people's behavior it just raises the necessary revenue to operate the government. the biggest idiot in the world can do his taxes in fifteen minutes with a pocket calculator. Hell I could figure mine out in my head.

Under the Forbes flat tax the poor won't pay any Federal tax becuase the first 30 or 35 k is exempt from taxation for everyone. There are no loop holes. No attempt to use the tax codes to modify people's behavior it just raises the necessary revenue to operate the government. the biggest idiot in the world can do his taxes in fifteen minutes with a pocket calculator. Hell I could figure mine out in my head.

It's not a true flat tax, recognizing the unfairness of a flat tax I demonstrated.

Forum List

Back