Death of a culture

Native American Languages

Most Native American languages have ceased to exist, or are spoken only by older speakers, with whom the language will die in the coming decades.

This seems to me to be an American tragedy.

6 Last Living Speakers of Dying Languages

Imagine being the last one standing. Is this a big issue in the States ?
No. It is not an issue .

It is among linguists.

idk, either you are born one, work on it hard your whole life and learn several languages or you focus on ONE second language. Even then, you have to keep practicing or it fades away. Like they say, use it or lose it.

Most Native American languages have ceased to exist, or are spoken only by older speakers, with whom the language will die in the coming decades.

No. It is not an issue .

It is among linguists.

idk, either you are born one, work on it hard your whole life and learn several languages or you focus on ONE second language. Even then, you have to keep practicing or it fades away. Like they say, use it or lose it.

Not sure what you are responding to.

No. It is not an issue .

It is among linguists.

Do you still want to play 20 questions again? LMAO

No. It is not an issue .

It is among linguists.

Your comments have nothing to do with what you quoted. Try again.

No. It is not an issue .

It is among linguists.

How many languages do YOU speak?

:boohoo:

Sorry but I don't really care at this point. 200 years ago I'd have likely taken their side but like every other part of the world, except for Muslims & liberals, we've moved on.

It is among linguists.

How many languages do YOU speak?

I'd be happy to answer, but what does that have to do with the posts you have quoted? Your comments seem unrelated to the prior discussion.

Forum List

Back