Death by Wind Turbine.........

Some trees also fall on people.

Therefore, Elektra-logic says trees are bad and must be eliminated.

Houses catch on fire.

Therefore, Elektra-logic says that houses are bad and must be eliminated.

I really hate topics that open with an outright lie then are followed up by half lies and omission of critical facts.

To quote the actual report "no one was injured."

Furthermore the wind turbine that failed due to the freaky high winds is in the Netherlands. High winds actually DO injure and kill as trees and power lines are knocked down.

This is the USMB. It is a good idea to make clear that what you bring here did not happen in this country.

This OP and it's originator disgusts me. This isn't FOX news. Save your lies and half lies for some other forum.
I could go on and on about the deaths that wind turbines cause, lets start with this thread. You can feel free to comment in it if you like.

And as you know, Wind Turbines are in their infancy, we must build millions, and as we do, they will kill more people, like the one in brazil that fell on a bus. Anyhow, here is a threat just for you.

Wind Turbine Fire Kills 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

How many coal miners have died worldwide? In the U.S. alone 100,000 died during the 20th century. That is 1,000 per year. And that is just for the fuel source, not to mention deaths at coal-fired power plants. Got anything like that?

I really hate topics that open with an outright lie then are followed up by half lies and omission of critical facts.

Furthermore the wind turbine that failed due to the freaky high winds is in the Netherlands. High winds actually DO injure and kill as trees and power lines are knocked down.

This is the USMB. It is a good idea to make clear that what you bring here did not happen in this country.

This OP and it's originator disgusts me. This isn't FOX news. Save your lies and half lies for some other forum.
I could go on and on about the deaths that wind turbines cause, lets start with this thread. You can feel free to comment in it if you like.

And as you know, Wind Turbines are in their infancy, we must build millions, and as we do, they will kill more people, like the one in brazil that fell on a bus. Anyhow, here is a threat just for you.

How many coal miners have died worldwide? In the U.S. alone 100,000 died during the 20th century. That is 1,000 per year. And that is just for the fuel source, not to mention deaths at coal-fired power plants. Got anything like that?
that's a very interesting question. The way I see it, is if the coal wasn't being mined most likely there would have been no work for the families and therefore many scenarios would have played out. I'll leave that up to the minds here, but that it was families money for them to all survive, I think makes the point useless to the point of the OP.

Just park the SUV and the computer, libs. Then no need for coal mines or wind powered bird murderers.

But you won't......

Ah, liberal sincerity. Like eating pussy: Once you get past the smell you got it licked!

OK...again this incident was somewhere in Europe. I'm not moved by what stupid Europeans do to themselves.

ALSO these were not ordinary citizens. They were mechanics. Are you suggesting that the four mechanics climbed up 300 feet INTO a raging fire? Again...not FIREMEN...mechanics! Let's take this leap that the MECHANICS did something stupid and unsafe that started the fire. The wind turbine did not attack the mechanics with fire. The STUPID mechanics attacked the wind turbine with unsafe practices and got two of their pack of idiots killed in the process. Now do I just about have the true story right?

Per kilowatt would be the comparison. Coal use is increased to provide the energy to build wind turbines, you can not build millions of wind turbines without coal.

Per kilowatt would be the comparison. Coal use is increased to provide the energy to build wind turbines, you can not build millions of wind turbines without coal.

You can if you get rid of the coal fired plants and replace them with natural gas fired plants, which is what we are currently doing by attrition, and continue to build more alternative energy sources. The fact is that coals' days are numbered. Get over it.

You can if you get rid of the coal fired plants and replace them with natural gas fired plants, which is what we are currently doing by attrition, and continue to build more alternative energy sources. The fact is that coals' days are numbered. Get over it.
Oh, sorry, I was thinking of the tower which is made of steel, many, many, tons, which takes coke which comes from coal.

Get over it? It is hard considering the level of ignorance you display.

Oh, sorry, I was thinking of the tower which is made of steel, many, many, tons, which takes coke which comes from coal.

Actually, most steel production today in the U.S. is made from recycled metal. And that takes little, if any coal to produce, because the steel has already been extracted from the ore. The coal is used in the extraction process, which is irrelevant if your raw material is recycled steel. So, the amount of coal used for the production of steel for use in wind farms is much less than you think, and far less than is used in electrical production, which is its primary use.

Actually, most steel production today in the U.S. is made from recycled metal. And that takes little, if any coal to produce, because the steel has already been extracted from the ore. The coal is used in the extraction process, which is irrelevant if your raw material is recycled steel. So, the amount of coal used for the production of steel for use in wind farms is much less than you think, and far less than is used in electrical production, which is its primary use.

Great point!

Now if our environmentally-ever-so-sensitive liberals would, in unison, turn in their SUVs for recycling think how much coal could stay in the ground!

But......

They won't.

Great point!

Now if our environmentally-ever-so-sensitive liberals would, in unison, turn in their SUVs for recycling think how much coal could stay in the ground!

But......

They won't.

Erm, over 90% of the steel used in cars today is recycled. Next.

Most steel produced in the usa us from scrap? Link? Alloys are not made from scrap, which is what a wind turbine requires.

Most steel produced in the usa us from scrap? Link? Alloys are not made from scrap, which is what a wind turbine requires.

Almost 70% of all aluminum is recycled.

Wind turbines are made of steel because they need to be strong enough to deal with the forces exerted by the wind on the blades.

Once again your ignorance is appalling.

Coal power, of course, is totally harmless to the environment.

Federal charges filed against Duke Energy after coal ash spills CharlotteObserver.com
---
Federal prosecutors Friday filed nine criminal charges accusing Duke Energy of violating the Clean Water Act by polluting four of the state’s rivers with coal ash.

Four of the misdemeanor counts stem from Duke’s Dan River power plant in Eden, 130 miles northeast of Charlotte, where a spill of 39,000 tons of ash a year ago prompted a grand jury investigation.

Other violations occurred at power plants near Charlotte, Asheville, Goldsboro and Moncure in Chatham County.
---

Almost 70% of all aluminum is recycled.

Wind turbines are made of steel because they need to be strong enough to deal with the forces exerted by the wind on the blades.

Once again your ignorance is appalling.
Wind turbine blades are made of fiberglass, the tower is made of steel, now are you willing to make the claim zero aluminum is used in a wind turbine.

Coal power, of course, is totally harmless to the environment.

Federal charges filed against Duke Energy after coal ash spills CharlotteObserver.com
---
Federal prosecutors Friday filed nine criminal charges accusing Duke Energy of violating the Clean Water Act by polluting four of the state’s rivers with coal ash.

Four of the misdemeanor counts stem from Duke’s Dan River power plant in Eden, 130 miles northeast of Charlotte, where a spill of 39,000 tons of ash a year ago prompted a grand jury investigation.

Other violations occurred at power plants near Charlotte, Asheville, Goldsboro and Moncure in Chatham County.
---
Making wind turbines increases the use of coal.

Forum List

Back