Death by Sweet Little Awesome Pitties

All pitbulls should be exterminated. Every single time I read a story about a death-by-dog-mauling, it's pitbulls. It's a total fucking garbage breed that needs to be removed from the canine gene pool.
And every time someone suggests Pit Bulls should be bred out of existence this generates a whirlwind of backlash from outraged Pit Bull owners all offering the same testimony: Why I've had dozens of Pit Bulls and they love my children and are gentle and would never ever hurt any child. Yet we see from time to time stories like this one in the OP.

I could leave any child alone with a Golden Retriever and never ever worry
about the dog snapping and mauling humans to death because it's never happened. No one can make that claim about Pit Bulls because we see it just isn't so.
Not true

Golden retriever mauls child

Chesterfield woman hospitalized after golden retriever attack
If it is not true then why can't you find a single report of a GR mauling a human to death?

All you found were a couple of relatively minor dog bite reports.
Okay

Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child’s legs off while father slept in other room: police

Even dachshunds are capable of killing.

Oklahoma Woman Killed in Attack by Pack of Dachshunds

Yet in the main Golden Retriever dogs are the most gentle and reliable of all dogs. Dachshunds are funny looking little ratters. Maybe we should just stop maligning dogs.

Uh-huh... Like I said; an old wives tale. All that would do is make them sick. Admit it it. You're just repeating some nonsense you heard...
I heard from the gang bangers who feed dogs gunpowder to make them sick. Making them sick and in pain is the whole point.
Yeah, I bet that's what they said...
Perpetuating such fallacious nonsense is completely irresponsible. Especially around this board where some retard is bound to buy into your old wives tale, and try it on their own dog...
Not many people want to make their dog sick. Do you have a sudden urge to cause your dog pain and make it sick?

Got to be careful with Goldies...they were so overbred in the 70's-80's, cousins were breeding with cousins. That resulted in hip displasia and epilepsy. My Goldie started having grand malls when she was seven and had to take a Dilantin tablet every morning for the rest of her life. Buying AKC is no guarantee either....not all breeders are above-board....demand the papers and look carefully at the lineage of your puppy.

You own a pos breed that's always already just barely maintaining under the surface of its primitive brain.
So true. The dog CAN be loving and sweet.

And then again something can make him snap and the enormous dog with the super strong jaws will tear through a child, or old person like a shark through a pork chop.Like a popsicle stick through a wood chipper. Like a piece of paper through a lawn mower.

I don't trust any of those breeds. My in laws had a couple of Dobermans. They didn't lick people...they basted you.
Enormous! You know that an average pit is 45-60 pounds. Hardly enormous.

Got to be careful with Goldies...they were so overbred in the 70's-80's, cousins were breeding with cousins. That resulted in hip displasia and epilepsy. My Goldie starts having grand malls when she was seven and had to take a Dilantin tablet every morning for the rest of her life.
Collies got so inbred that they were almost blind. They were bred for the long snout and wide apart eyes. The eyes got so wide apart the dogs lost their binocular vision.

Gangs routinely give dogs gunpowder.
Uh-huh... Like I said; an old wives tale. All that would do is make them sick. Admit it it. You're just repeating some nonsense you heard...
I heard from the gang bangers who feed dogs gunpowder to make them sick. Making them sick and in pain is the whole point.
Perpetuating such fallacious nonsense is completely irresponsible. Especially around this board where some retard is bound to buy into your old wives tale, and try it on their own dog...
Not many people want to make their dog sick. Do you have a sudden urge to cause your dog pain and make it sick?
Well that's all a person is going to get, if they lean on your folklore claim of gunpowder, making a dog mean. Which is precisely the fallacy I pointed out. At least now you now...

You own a pos breed that's always already just barely maintaining under the surface of its primitive brain.
So true. The dog CAN be loving and sweet.

And then again something can make him snap and the enormous dog with the super strong jaws will tear through a child, or old person like a shark through a pork chop.Like a popsicle stick through a wood chipper. Like a piece of paper through a lawn mower.

I don't trust any of those breeds. My in laws had a couple of Dobermans. They didn't lick people...they basted you.
A friend of mine had a doberman. If you were in her house or yard and she didn't know you, she would pee on your feet.

Well that's all a person is going to get, if they lean on your folklore claim of gunpowder, making a dog mean. Which is precisely the fallacy I pointed out. At least now you now...
You should know. I don't know why the concept of a dog in pain getting mean escapes you. It must be your breed. Are you part Afghan?

Collies got so inbred that they were almost blind. They were bred for the long snout and wide apart eyes. The eyes got so wide apart the dogs lost their binocular vision.

My first memory on this earth was our farm collie named "Mac". He chased motorcycles, killed other dogs, could climb our apple tree to be with my brother. My mom put me out in the yard the first nice day when i was one. She thought Mac was off on an adventure but he'd slipped back home during the night. She looked out the kitchen window that there was Mac standing there looking at me. He'd never seen me...she screamed thinking he was about to rip me apart but he just sniffed me, I guess he figured I was family and ran off. I can remember that huge face and long nose looking at me.....Nobody believed me because one is too young for memory but I know what I saw.

Okay

Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child’s legs off while father slept in other room: police

Yet in the main Golden Retriever dogs are the most gentle and reliable of all dogs. Dachshunds are funny looking little ratters. Maybe we should just stop maligning dogs.
Yeah...I'm sure even a Chihuahua could kill given the right circumstances. Not the point.
Only Pit Bulls, and maybe Rottweilers, are inordinately prone to attacking, mauling, and even killing human beings.
They were bred to fight and kill. You can't say that about a Golden Retriever or a Sheltie.

When something sets off the primeval urge to attack and kill they don't stop.
I didn't know my Golden Retriever had cancer and he was just laying around all day and I kept trying to get him to get up and move to the point of pushing and pulling him when he must have been in tremendous pain.
He only growled slightly at me and I still feel tremendously guilty about it. That's a breed you could trust to your last breath.

Okay

Yeah...I'm sure even a Chihuahua could kill given the right circumstances. Not the point.
Only Pit Bulls, and maybe Rottweilers, are inordinately prone to attacking, mauling, and even killing human beings.
They were bred to fight and kill. You can't say that about a Golden Retriever or a Sheltie.

When something sets off the primeval urge to attack and kill they don't stop.
I didn't know my Golden Retriever had cancer and he was just laying around all day and I kept trying to get him to get up and move to the point of pushing and pulling him when he must have been in tremendous pain.
He only growled slightly at me and I still feel tremendously guilty about it. That's a breed you could trust to your last breath.
Pit bulls have been bred to be nanny dogs. The nanny dog in Peter Pan was a pit bull.

Here learn something.

For Over 100 Years, Pitbulls Were Our Babysitters - Adopt-a-Pet.com Blog

Pit bulls have been bred to be nanny dogs. The nanny dog in Peter Pan was a pit bull.
Not in the movies it wasn't.

Tear jerking tribute.
I note only two of the dogs pictured were actually pit bulls. Yes. German Shepards, Rottweilers, Dobermans have all had bad reputations but nothing like that of the pit bull. And deservedly so.

Only pit bulls attack, maul and kill. Only pit bulls were bred to fight and kill. You are wasting your time.

You should know. I don't know why the concept of a dog in pain getting mean escapes you. It must be your breed. Are you part Afghan?
You can drop the flaccid pretense. You had no idea about the results of feeding dogs gunpowder till I corrected you, and provided you with legitimate information on the matter. Your initial post on the matter is now permanent record. A simple “thank you” will suffice. You’re just embarrassing yourself now...

Should pits be made to wear a saltpeter patch? Or walk around with an IV always attached? Something akin to Saturday Night Live's Foldger's Crystals:
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/foldgers-crystals/n9212

You can drop the flaccid pretense. You had no idea about the results of feeding dogs gunpowder till I corrected you, and provided you with legitimate information on the matter. Your initial post on the matter is now permanent record. A simple “thank you” will suffice. You’re just embarrassing yourself now...

I KNEW EXACTLY the results of feeding dogs gunpowder. I've seen enough of it. You are trying to rescue your foolishness.

There are 13 million pit bulls in America.

389 people have died from pit bulls from 1982 to 2017.

It's true that people have died from pit bull attacks, but they have also died from other dog bite injuries as well.
  • How many people die from a pit bull attack?
    From 1982 to December 31, 2017, there were 389 reported (or made public) deaths from a pit bull attack.

• Are pit bulls the only type of dog to cause fatalities?
    In 2017, 12 different dog breeds caused fatalities, not just pit bulls. The breeds involved included Akita, Boxer mix, and German Shepherds.

• What are your chances of dying from a dog bite from any dog?
    You have a 1 in 112,400 chance of dying from a dog bite, from any breed. This is the third lowest cause of death risk you face, with only legal execution and being struck by lightning falling below it.

• How often do dog bites cause little to no injury?
    81% of dog bites cause little to no injury, meaning they could be cared for at home and without medical attention.

• How many dog bite injuries don't require hospitalization?
    Of the dog bite injuries brought to a medical practitioner's attention, 19% are treated and sent home.

• How many children suffer from pit bull bite injuries?
    A 5-year study conducted by the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia found that 50.9% of the dog bites were from pit bulls. In total, there were 30 dog breeds involved in the dog bites during that time. The next most common occurrence was from Rottweilers at just 8.9% of the time.
Pitbull Statistics Will Surprise You

you people are fucking idiots.

I'll tell ya what no dog likes....a guy wearing a dark colored baseball cap and wearing shades. On my morning jog, I started getting menaced by dogs not normally know for that. I finally figured out why I was suddenly unpopular with dogs when I've had dogs my whole life, except after Carlie passed, and really like having them around.....they couldn't see my eyes and hair. Dogs relate to humans, recognize humans in their own way and I wasn't passing their no-problem test. So I decided to go out with a white cap and took off the shades when I approached a dog I didn't know....no problem. If that helps anybody who is slowly becoming frightened of dogs (they pick up on that), then good, you're welcome.

Forum List

Back