Dear NASA, do scientists agree on climate change?

"2014 was the planet's warmest year on record. Now, one year doesn't make a trend, but this does – 14 of the 15 warmest years on record have all fallen in the first 15 years of this century."

"I've heard some folks try to dodge the evidence by saying they're not scientists; that we don't have enough information to act. Well, I'm not a scientist, either. But you know what – I know a lot of really good scientists at NASA, and NOAA, and at our major universities. The best scientists in the world are all telling us that our activities are changing the climate, and if we do not act forcefully, we'll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods, and massive disruptions that can trigger greater migration, conflict, and hunger around the globe. The Pentagon says that climate change poses immediate risks to our national security. We should ac"

- President Obama State of the Union Speech 2015​

"2014 was the planet's warmest year on record. Now, one year doesn't make a trend, but this does – 14 of the 15 warmest years on record have all fallen in the first 15 years of this century."

"I've heard some folks try to dodge the evidence by saying they're not scientists; that we don't have enough information to act. Well, I'm not a scientist, either. But you know what – I know a lot of really good scientists at NASA, and NOAA, and at our major universities. The best scientists in the world are all telling us that our activities are changing the climate, and if we do not act forcefully, we'll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods, and massive disruptions that can trigger greater migration, conflict, and hunger around the globe. The Pentagon says that climate change poses immediate risks to our national security. We should ac"

Yawn. Total bullshit.

Yawn. Total bullshit.

"A better politics is one where we appeal to each other's basic decency instead of our basest fears."

"A better politics is one where we debate without demonizing each other; where we talk issues, and values, and principles, and facts, rather than "gotcha" moments, or trivial gaffes, or fake controversies that have nothing to do with people's daily lives."

- President Obama State of the Union speech 2015​

"A better politics is one where we appeal to each other's basic decency instead of our basest fears."

"A better politics is one where we debate without demonizing each other; where we talk issues, and values, and principles, and facts, rather than "gotcha" moments, or trivial gaffes, or fake controversies that have nothing to do with people's daily lives."

This from the POS in the white house that has done nothing but demonize half the country for the last 7years.

This from the POS in the white house that has done nothing but demonize half the country for the last 7years.

"A better politics is one where we debate without demonizing each other..."

Well, at least Mitch has managed to prevent Obama's third term. Perhaps for his next trick Mitch will cool the globe?

Why try and dodge anything? They are a joke in the scientific world now. I love their recant.... 2014 is the warmest year ever, but we're only 38% sure that that is true. he error bars are more than twice as big as the supposed temp increase. Only a fool would believe anything these clowns have to say.
HELLO FOOL!

Nasa climate scientists: We said 2014 was the warmest year on record... but we're only 38% sure we were right
  • Nasa’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies claimed its analysis of world temperatures showed ‘2014 was the warmest year on record’
  • But it emerged that GISS’s analysis is subject to a margin of error
  • Nasa admits this means it is far from certain that 2014 set a record at all

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2915061/Nasa-climate-scientists-said-2014-warmest-year-record-38-sure-right.html#ixzz3PQie3dYA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Poor little demonised Mitch. What turtle deserves that sort of treatment?

Mitch McConnell: 'I Don't Buy' That Climate Is Changing

http://www.breitbart.com/

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told the editorial board of the Cincinnati Enquirer he doesn’t believe in global warming.

McConnell: ‘I don’t buy’ that climate is changing. In 1970s ‘we were all concerned about the ice age coming.’

2014 is the warmest year ever, but we're only 38% sure that that is true.
All the figures come with margins for error.

Fig.A2.gif

Data.GISS

The last value is outside the margin for error from the penultimate value, as can be easily determined from the graphic.

But please, continue to ignore evidence in favour of ideology. We expect nothing less.

Why try and dodge anything? They are a joke in the scientific world now.

Okay, NASA is a joke in the scientific world now. :cuckoo:

Fig.A2.gif

Data.GISS

The last value is outside the margin for error from the penultimate value, as can be easily determined from the graphic.

But please, continue to ignore evidence in favour of ideology. We expect nothing less.
Do you think westwall actually considers your graphs? just wonderin

Fig.A2.gif

Data.GISS

The claim is the temp rise is .01 C. The error bars are .1 C. In other words the whole statement is bullshit.

The claim is the temp rise is .01 C. The error bars are .1 C. In other words the whole statement is bullshit.
You can say that about most of the temperature gains and losses as they are inside the error bar yet the trend is inexorable.The statement is the best available knowledge. If you have better information please provide it.

Last edited:

Fig.A2.gif

Data.GISS

Why change the data sets of the most accurate to conform to the rest??

1998changesannotated.gif

NOAA NASA Dramatically Altered US Temperatures After The Year 2000 Real Science

Greg

Forum List

Back