NASA: 30% weight savings and a 25% cost savings from traditional metallic tanks

R

rdean

NASA s Composite Material Weight Loss Plan for Future Missions

Because space travel is associated with weightlessness, it may sound paradoxical to hear about NASA’s desire to use composites to reduce weight in its launch vehicles. But weight has a direct impact on the volume of fuel required in space travel. “The Space Technology Mission Director pushes us to develop technologies that make NASA missions more affordable, more capable, and more reliable,” NASA’s Vickers said.

“This is one of NASA’s major technology accomplishments for 2014,” said Gazarik. “This is the type of technology that can improve competitiveness for the entire U.S. launch industry, not to mention other industries that want to replace heavy metal components with lightweight composites. These tests, and others we have conducted this year on landing technologies for Mars vehicles, show how technology development is the key to driving exploration.”

--------------------------------------------------

See what I mean? Republicans on the USMB think scientists are lazy no good people who do nothing to help the country, don't know anything, have no common sense. They just rest on their education.

Every time I turn around, scientists bring so much to the country.

Every time I turn around, Republicans bring more and more disaster.

We wouldn't be a super power without them. ;) Let alone have a first rate military that can kick ass.

NASA is probably the best of all of our institutions at innovating and keeping America ahead of the rest the world. The nsf that helps fund innovation is close. ;) Of course these idiots think slashing science = good for America. Don't make me fucking laugh!

We wouldn't be a super power without them. ;) Let alone have a first rate military that can kick ass.

NASA is probably the best of all of our institutions at innovating and keeping America ahead of the rest the world. The nsf that helps fund innovation is close. ;) Of course these idiots think slashing science = good for America. Don't make me fucking laugh!
And it was Republicans who started NASA and built our interstate highway system. Oh, how they have fallen.
article-2341090-1A4E137F000005DC-287_634x397.jpg

Forum List

Back