Dear Jim

Manu

I think people tend to exagerate the importance of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan in the fight against islamic fundamentalism, just like they used to exagerate the importance of the Vietnam War in the fight against communism

Vietnam was reunified under communist rule and this meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

The free world lost the battle but the war against communist totalitarianism continued and eventually prevailed.

In the same way, either the US succeeds or fails in its efforts to democratise those two countries, the war against islamic fundamentalist will continue.

In my opinion, islamic fundamentalism will eventually be defeated because the future of our species belong to science and reason and not to religious superstition.

I strongly believe that the course of human history, together with the example provided by the West (America included) and not the US army, will be the ultimate foe the will deliver the final blow on this medieval ideology.

José;486934 said:
Manu

I think people tend to exagerate the importance of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan in the fight against islamic fundamentalism, just like they used to exagerate the importance of the Vietnam War in the fight against communism

Vietnam was reunified under communist rule and this meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

The free world lost the battle but the war against communist totalitarianism continued and eventually prevailed.

In the same way, either the US succeeds or fails in its efforts to democratise those two countries, the war against islamic fundamentalist will continue.

In my opinion, islamic fundamentalism will eventually be defeated because the future of our species belong to science and reason and not to religious superstition.

I strongly believe that the course of human history, together with the example provided by the West (America included) and not the US army, will be the ultimate foe the will deliver the final blow on this medieval ideology.

the war in afganistan and iraq reminde me of korea and vietnam

nk is a totalitarian mess sk held the world cup...vietnam is esentially a capitalist tourist society these days....islam, in the agressive form will continue as long as its leaders are allowed to prevent the masses from knoing what the world has to offer.....ussr tried it and failed....china is splitting hairs at the moment......islam has isolated itself....so it shall continue

Ok manu...

We are discussing the WOT from its broadest perspective and NATO created this thread to discuss a much narrower one: the war in Afghanistan.

So let's not ruin the thread more than we already did : )

Maybe we can continue this debate elsewhere.

José;486870 said:
If I was the leader of an arab/muslim country following the discussions here, I would immediately declare the pursuit of a nuclear deterrent against the US, an overiding national priority.

Sure, these nuclear threats are just farts coming out of the anuses of a bunch of super patriotic american clowns today.

But who can guarantee that they will not become the official american policy in the future?

Mubarak and all the other leaders in the Middle East/North Africa/Southeast Asia are completely irresponsible rulers.

They should already be developping a nuclear arsenal or at least making pacts of mutual protection like the one Syria has with Iran.

As Russia has already showed the world, there's nothing like a couple of nukes to put a cork in the ass of a super patriotic american clown.

Oh yeah, Russia sure showed us. That's why the Soviet Union is the only superpower left in the world and the US is gone ......no ....wait ...... that WAS the Soviet fleet hightailing it back to Russia with their tails between their legs, wasn't it? Bonehead.

As far as your slur against Americans, you can take that and your damned Ilsamofascist self and go hide in a hole and just wait for someone to come along with the bugspray.

Yeah, y'all are right. We should just let madmen run free, doign as they please, and not concern ourselves with them until the inevitable mushroom cloud appears above YOUR city. Then it'll be "Bush didn't do anything to protect us:baby: :baby: :baby: "

Freakin' ostriches. Grow some damned brains and open your eyes.

Something else needs to grow as well, preferably in sets of brass or solid steel..

José;486951 said:
Ok manu...

We are discussing the WOT from its broadest perspective and NATO created this thread to discuss a much narrower one: the war in Afghanistan.

So let's not ruin the thread more than we already did : )

Maybe we can continue this debate elsewhere.

so what you are saying is you lost i won and now you want to talk about the war in afgan.

ok....we are winning ....anything else?

Forum List

Back