Dear Conservatives, I Apologize

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
When you lose Naomi Wolf you know the BS about J6 has become mainstream.

Good for her! An honest lib is as rare as hen's teeth.

There is no way to avoid this moment. The formal letter of apology. From me. To Conservatives and to those who ā€œput America firstā€ everywhere.

Itā€™s tempting to sweep this confrontation with my own gullibility under the rug ā€” to ā€œmove onā€ without ever acknowledging that I was duped, and that as a result I made mistakes in judgement, and that these mistakes, multiplied by the tens of thousands and millions on the part of people just like me, hurt millions of other people like you all, in existedential ways.

I believed a farrago of lies. And, as a result of these lies, and my credulity ā€” and the credulity of people similarly situated to me - many conservativesā€™ reputations are being tarnished, on false bases.

The proximate cause of this letter of apology is the airing, two nights ago, of excepts from tens of thousands of hours of security camera footage from the United States Capitol taken on Jan 6, 2021. The footage was released by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson [Kevin McCarthy says he has no regrets about releasing Jan. 6 footage to Tucker Carlson].

While ā€œfact-checkersā€ state that it is ā€œmisinformationā€ to claim that Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi was in charge of Capitol Police on that day [Fact check: Nancy Pelosi wasn't ā€˜in chargeā€™ of Capitol Police on Jan. 6], the fact is that the USCP is under the oversight of Congress, according to ā€” the United States Capitol Police: [Oversight].

This would be the same Congress that convened the January 6 Committee subsequently, and that used millions of dollars in taxpayer money to turn that horrible day, and that tragic event, into a message point that would be used to tar a former President as a would-be terrorist, and to smear all Republicans, by association, as ā€œinsurrectionists,ā€ or as insurrectionistsā€™ sympathizers and fellow-travelers.

There is no way for anyone thoughtful, even if he or she is a lifelong Democrat, not to notice that Sen Chuck Schumer did not say to the world that the footage that Mr Carlson aired was not real. Rather, he warned that it was ā€œshamefulā€ for Fox to allow us to see it. The Guardian characterized Mr Carlsonā€™s and Fox Newsā€™ sin, weirdly, as ā€œOver-Useā€ of Jan 6 footage. Isnā€™t the press supposed to want full transparency for all public interest events? [Chuck Schumer attacks ā€˜shamefulā€™ Fox News over use of January 6 footage ā€“ as it happened] How can you ā€œover-useā€ real footage of events of national relevance?

Sen Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Senate minority leader, did not say the video on Fox News was fake or doctored. He said, rather, that it was ā€œa mistakeā€ to depart from the views of the events held by the chief of the Capitol Police. This is a statement from McConnell about orthodoxy ā€” not a statement about a specific truth or untruth. [Senator McConnell Calls Tucker Carlson's Depiction of January 6 Attack a "Mistake"]

I donā€™t agree with Mr Carlsonā€™s interpretation of the videos as depicting ā€œmostly peaceful chaos.ā€[https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3887103-tucker-carlson-shows-the-first-of-his-jan-6-footage-calls-it-mostly-peaceful-chaos/] I do think it is a mistake to downplay how serious it is when a legislative institution suffers a security breach of any kind, however that came to be.

But you donā€™t have to agree with Mr Carlsonā€™s interpretation of the videos, to believe, as I do, that he engaged in valuable journalism simply by airing the footage that was given to him.

And remember, by law that footage belongs to us ā€” it is a public record, and all public records literally belong to the American people. ā€œIn a democracy, records belong to the people,ā€ explains the National Archives. [About the National Archives of the United States]

You donā€™t have to agree with Carlsonā€™s interpretation of the videos, to notice the latest hypocrisy by the Left. My acquaintance and personal hero Daniel Ellsberg was rightly lionized by the Left for having illegally leaked the Pentagon Papers. The New York Times was rightly applauded for having run this leaked material in 1971. [Daniel Ellsberg].

There is no way to avoid this moment. The formal letter of apology. From me. To Conservatives and to those who ā€œput America firstā€ everywhere.
Itā€™s tempting to sweep this confrontation with my own gullibility under the rug ā€” to ā€œmove onā€ without ever acknowledging that I was duped, and that as a result I made mistakes in judgement, and that these mistakes, multiplied by the tens of thousands and millions on the part of people just like me, hurt millions of other people like you all, in existedential ways.
I believed a farrago of lies. And, as a result of these lies, and my credulity ā€” and the credulity of people similarly situated to me - many conservativesā€™ reputations are being tarnished, on false bases.
The proximate cause of this letter of apology is the airing, two nights ago, of excepts from tens of thousands of hours of security camera footage from the United States Capitol taken on Jan 6, 2021. The footage was released by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson [Kevin McCarthy says he has no regrets about releasing Jan. 6 footage to Tucker Carlson].
While ā€œfact-checkersā€ state that it is ā€œmisinformationā€ to claim that Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi was in charge of Capitol Police on that day [Fact check: Nancy Pelosi wasn't ā€˜in chargeā€™ of Capitol Police on Jan. 6], the fact is that the USCP is under the oversight of Congress, according to ā€” the United States Capitol Police: [Oversight].
This would be the same Congress that convened the January 6 Committee subsequently, and that used millions of dollars in taxpayer money to turn that horrible day, and that tragic event, into a message point that would be used to tar a former President as a would-be terrorist, and to smear all Republicans, by association, as ā€œinsurrectionists,ā€ or as insurrectionistsā€™ sympathizers and fellow-travelers.
There is no way for anyone thoughtful, even if he or she is a lifelong Democrat, not to notice that Sen Chuck Schumer did not say to the world that the footage that Mr Carlson aired was not real. Rather, he warned that it was ā€œshamefulā€ for Fox to allow us to see it. The Guardian characterized Mr Carlsonā€™s and Fox Newsā€™ sin, weirdly, as ā€œOver-Useā€ of Jan 6 footage. Isnā€™t the press supposed to want full transparency for all public interest events? [Chuck Schumer attacks ā€˜shamefulā€™ Fox News over use of January 6 footage ā€“ as it happened] How can you ā€œover-useā€ real footage of events of national relevance?
Sen Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Senate minority leader, did not say the video on Fox News was fake or doctored. He said, rather, that it was ā€œa mistakeā€ to depart from the views of the events held by the chief of the Capitol Police. This is a statement from McConnell about orthodoxy ā€” not a statement about a specific truth or untruth. [Senator McConnell Calls Tucker Carlson's Depiction of January 6 Attack a "Mistake"]
I donā€™t agree with Mr Carlsonā€™s interpretation of the videos as depicting ā€œmostly peaceful chaos.ā€[https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3887103-tucker-carlson-shows-the-first-of-his-jan-6-footage-calls-it-mostly-peaceful-chaos/] I do think it is a mistake to downplay how serious it is when a legislative institution suffers a security breach of any kind, however that came to be.
But you donā€™t have to agree with Mr Carlsonā€™s interpretation of the videos, to believe, as I do, that he engaged in valuable journalism simply by airing the footage that was given to him.
And remember, by law that footage belongs to us ā€” it is a public record, and all public records literally belong to the American people. ā€œIn a democracy, records belong to the people,ā€ explains the National Archives. [About the National Archives of the United States]
You donā€™t have to agree with Carlsonā€™s interpretation of the videos, to notice the latest hypocrisy by the Left. My acquaintance and personal hero Daniel Ellsberg was rightly lionized by the Left for having illegally leaked the Pentagon Papers. The New York Times was rightly applauded for having run this leaked material in 1971. [Daniel Ellsberg].

Naomi Wolf outed her inner magaturd. :dunno: Not really news.

You called Naomi Wolf a liberal, so we will have to rate your thread "pants on fire".
Naomi Wolf is a feminist author and journalist who was once a prominent figure in the Democratic Party and the third wave of feminism. However, in recent years, she has shifted her political views and aligned herself with figures from the far right. She has criticized Joe Bidenā€™s policies on COVID-19, vaccine passports, masks, and emergency laws, claiming that they are leading America to totalitarianism. She has also expressed support for Donald Trumpā€™s claims of election fraud and praised his legal team. She has been spreading right wing misinformation and conspiracy theories, Therefore, it may be inaccurate to label her as a liberal based on her current political views.

Last year she said that the WHO was going to occupy the USA "next week". It's been a year:
tenor.gif

Okay, that's ONE.

I want to hear the other 80 million of these leftard jackholes issuing the SAME apology.

Then MAYBE I won't ask them to pay reparations for putting all our lives at risk.

Who is she, and what was she babbling about????

Forum List

Back