Dear Black People: Stop Blaming Whites For Slavery

Why do you keep calling me a "boy?" I am an adult female. :) You know this, so you are the one who is "slinging shit" around here.

Gender wasnt the point. So I'll take it back and say

So you've dropped the factual debate and now want to name call like an Adult?

Why do you keep calling me a "boy?" I am an adult female. :) You know this, so you are the one who is "slinging shit" around here.

You have failed to discuss anything at all, so I don't know what you're complaining about. How about you come up with some facts for a change? Stop letting your emotions rule you and try to think about things from a more logical perspective. And again, if you want to blame white people and be angry or whatever, that is YOUR problem. :)

It is the first documented legal case concerning a slave being owned permanently by another person. It happened in 1654 which predates your 17th century story about European settlers and although the first colony to arrive in Jamestown, Virginia was in 1619 as you state it was in 1654 that the first legal case of slavery ..

This gets so fucking old...having to correct the bullshit you spew.

Get this: Slavery was legalized in Massachusetts in 1641.

There were laws regarding fugitive slaves there in the 1630's.

Do the math. 1630's is earlier than 1656.

Johnson's 1656 case "was the first instance of a judicial determination in the Thirteen Colonies holding that a person who had committed no crime could be held in servitude for life."

John Punch is considered by historians to be the very first official slave.

"In July 1640, the Virginia Governor's Council sentenced him to serve for the remainder of his life as punishment for running away to Maryland."

Hugh Gwyn was his master.

John Punch's sentence to slavery preceded the Mass legalization of slavery by a year:

July 9, 1640 - John Punch became the first African to be a slave for life by law in Virginia "Whereas Hugh Gwyn hath by order from this Board Brought back from Maryland three servants formerly run away from the said Gwyn, the court doth therefore order that the said three servants shall receive the punishment of whipping and to have thirty stripes apiece one called Victor, a dutchman, the other a Scotchman called James Gregory..... that the third being a negro named John Punch shall serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural Life here or elsewhere."

Source: McIlwaine, ed., Minutes of the Council and General Court of Colonial Virginia, p. 466.

Virtual Jamestown Slave Laws

And curiously enough -- Obama descends from this very first slave in America!

Howzaboutthat?
I disagree with you. Some historians believe Punch was the first. I believe most would disagree with them however. Furthermore, this matter has already been settled and we won't be reopening it for you - you're a day late as the saying goes..... As for the origins of slavery - see the video presentations and don't miss Thomas Sowell's videos as he is qualified to speak on subjects you may not be.
No. Not even your own link counts him as "the first." It says "one of the first".

The National Park Service, in a history of Jamestown: "John Punch was the "first documented slave for life."

Not according to the Historians who state the documentation proves that John Casor was the first documented slave for life. You will note that Wikipedia had the date of that trial wrong. (which I did mention they didn't have all their facts straight - but that is Wikipedia for you) which means that John Casor was the first documented slave (not John Punch) and that confirms that Anthony was the first black slave owner (documented). End of discussion.
first_slave.jpg

You have failed to discuss anything at all, so I don't know what you're complaining about. How about you come up with some facts for a change? Stop letting your emotions rule you and try to think about things from a more logical perspective. And again, if you want to blame white people and be angry or whatever, that is YOUR problem. :)

If you want your reverse psychology to work you have to be better at it.

It is the first documented legal case concerning a slave being owned permanently by another person. It happened in 1654 which predates your 17th century story about European settlers and although the first colony to arrive in Jamestown, Virginia was in 1619 as you state it was in 1654 that the first legal case of slavery ..

This gets so fucking old...having to correct the bullshit you spew.

Get this: Slavery was legalized in Massachusetts in 1641.

There were laws regarding fugitive slaves there in the 1630's.

Do the math. 1630's is earlier than 1656.

Johnson's 1656 case "was the first instance of a judicial determination in the Thirteen Colonies holding that a person who had committed no crime could be held in servitude for life."

John Punch is considered by historians to be the very first official slave.

"In July 1640, the Virginia Governor's Council sentenced him to serve for the remainder of his life as punishment for running away to Maryland."

Hugh Gwyn was his master.

John Punch's sentence to slavery preceded the Mass legalization of slavery by a year:

July 9, 1640 - John Punch became the first African to be a slave for life by law in Virginia "Whereas Hugh Gwyn hath by order from this Board Brought back from Maryland three servants formerly run away from the said Gwyn, the court doth therefore order that the said three servants shall receive the punishment of whipping and to have thirty stripes apiece one called Victor, a dutchman, the other a Scotchman called James Gregory..... that the third being a negro named John Punch shall serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural Life here or elsewhere."

Source: McIlwaine, ed., Minutes of the Council and General Court of Colonial Virginia, p. 466.

Virtual Jamestown Slave Laws

And curiously enough -- Obama descends from this very first slave in America!

Howzaboutthat?
I disagree with you. Some historians believe Punch was the first. I believe most would disagree with them however. Furthermore, this matter has already been settled and we won't be reopening it for you - you're a day late as the saying goes..... As for the origins of slavery - see the video presentations and don't miss Thomas Sowell's videos as he is qualified to speak on subjects you may not be.
No. Not even your own link counts him as "the first." It says "one of the first".

The National Park Service, in a history of Jamestown: "John Punch was the "first documented slave for life."

Not according to the Historians who state the documentation proves that John Casor was the first documented slave for life. You will note that Wikipedia had the date of that trial wrong. (which I did mention they didn't have all their facts straight - but that is Wikipedia for you) which means that John Casor was the first documented slave (not John Punch) and that confirms that Anthony was the first black slave owner (documented). End of discussion.
first_slave.jpg

Let me put this another way. I'm a white person and I, in no way, feel responsible for slavery. That's because, I had nothing to do with slavery ever in my life. :) Neither has anyone I know or associate with.

You're not responsible for slavery, which makes all your complaining even more weird. I know you didnt have a slave so you dont have to rush to defend those that did unless you feel some type of way about it.

Let me put this another way. I'm a white person and I, in no way, feel responsible for slavery. That's because, I had nothing to do with slavery ever in my life. :) Neither has anyone I know or associate with.

You're not responsible for slavery, which makes all your complaining even more weird. I know you didnt have a slave so you dont have to rush to defend those that did unless you feel some type of way about it.

I'm just trying to school you. :D

Neither is any of the other 300 plus million Americans. So what you need to do is focus on the slaves who need your help today on the continent of Africa - because your brothers and sisters who are in chains could use your voice and your time. It would be much more helpful to redeem the time for their sake than to waste it on a past you cannot change.

Actually, I'm quite sure none of my family members were even in this country at the time of slavery. I have a bunch of different nationalities, like 7 or 8. Who knows? Maybe I'm even black. :D

On things we mutually agree on? uh ok

Neither is any of the other 300 plus million Americans. So what you need to do is focus on the slaves who need your help today on the continent of Africa - because your brothers and sisters who are in chains could use your voice and your time. It would be much more helpful to redeem the time for their sake than to waste it on a past you cannot change.

I dont take orders from you silly. Those days are over:2up:

I dont take orders from you silly. Those days are over:2up:

And you don't really give a rats ass for current slaves. You like most of your ilk just want to whine about the past and what may have happened to your dear ancestors when most of y'all can't trace back your lineage more than one generation.

Well stop playing the victim card. You've never been a slave and you don't know any slaves either. You are just trying to feel sorry for yourself. If you want to dislike white people because of slavery, have at it, but it's fucking stupid.

You like most of your ilk just want to whine about the past and what may have happened to your dear ancestors when most of y'all can't trace back your lineage more than one generation.

Just chalk that up to another thing no one is supposed to blame white people for. Things that really happened are unfair to say

Well stop playing the victim card. You've never been a slave and you don't know any slaves either. You are just trying to feel sorry for yourself. If you want to dislike white people because of slavery, have at it, but it's fucking stupid.

Are you still trying to ascribe feelings to me baby girl? Whether I've been one, know any, seen one or had dinner with one isnt the point. Feeling sorry (another feeling you feel I feel...You feel me?) and I didnt say I dislike whites for slavery either.

I said, whites are to blame for slavery. You are free to disagree all you like but putting words in my mouth to fuss about doesnt work. Sorry.

Forum List

Back