Deal with reality

The theories of AGW are supported by literally hundreds of evidence chains across the spectrum of the physical sciences. I am not aware that any of these chains have been substantively and compellingly overturned. The only way to effectively supercede theories that have advanced to this level of support and integration across the range of physical sciences is to find a theory that explains these disparate evidence chains better than the existing AGW theory explanations. That is how science works.

I must admit I find it odd how the climate science field backed away from their responsibility for keeping the discussion reasonable and even allowed the 'null hypothesis' to become flipped from 'natural causes with anthropogenic effect' to 'anthropogenic effect with little natural cause'.

the whole thing reminds me of the old joke about the drunk who dropped his keys getting into his car but searches for them under the street lamp because the light is better there. climate science is drunk on funding directed at CO2 and cannot easily leave the 'light' because of the loss of respect that would cause.

natural causes control the climate, just because we do not understand the mechanisms that does not mean they are not there.

CO2 affects the climate to some unspecified degree. pretending that CO2 is the main factor in controlling the climate is ridiculous in the extreme. removing the effect and weighting of natural causes and then only considering CO2 and other man made contributions skews the 'probabilities' because if you only look at man made factors it is impossible to get any other answer but man made causes!

yet another issue which will help kill the republican party if they dont come to their senses

Reality #1: Glacier Bay in Alaska has receded 10 miles in the last 200 years.

Reality #2: 90% of that occurred before 1900.

Draw your own conclusions.

the warmists dont like going back too far into the past because it wrecks their story. I have asked the warmists here why they think natural causes melted world wide ice up to about 1950 but then became irrelevant as CO2 driven warming became the exclusive cause. I havent heard any reasonable responses so far.

Really? How many failed predictions do you get before you admit your theory is WRONG?

The theories of AGW are supported by literally hundreds of evidence chains across the spectrum of the physical sciences. I am not aware that any of these chains have been substantively and compellingly overturned. The only way to effectively supercede theories that have advanced to this level of support and integration across the range of physical sciences is to find a theory that explains these disparate evidence chains better than the existing AGW theory explanations. That is how science works.

Really? Do tell. So far every quantifiable prediction I've ever heard has been wrong.

When they resort to charlatanism they do pretty good....but not as good as old Silvia Brown...and that's sad.

As usual, you are lying through your teeth. The reason that you will never be on that podium is that you are a fraud. Here is what a real scientist has to say.

Raymond T. Pierrehumbert

Education  Massachusetts Institute of Technology,Cambridge, MA
Ph.D. March, 1980 (Dept. of Aeronautics and Astronautics)
 University of Cambridge Cambridge, England
Knox Fellow, 1976-1977 (Dept. of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics)
 Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
A.B. Magna cum Laude in Physics June, 1975

Tyndall Lecture: GC43I. Successful Predictions (Video On-Demand) - AGU Fall Meeting 2012

Really? Do tell. So far every quantifiable prediction I've ever heard has been wrong.

When they resort to charlatanism they do pretty good....but not as good as old Silvia Brown...and that's sad.

As usual, you are lying through your teeth. The reason that you will never be on that podium is that you are a fraud. Here is what a real scientist has to say.

Raymond T. Pierrehumbert

Tyndall Lecture: GC43I. Successful Predictions (Video On-Demand) - AGU Fall Meeting 2012

Did you watch this? I did....

How's this for reality??????????

EIA-annual-outlook-2011-2040.png

Institute for Energy Research | Fossil Fuels Still King in EIA

Report released this week from the Energy Information Administration:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

All I see in here is the alarmist OCD's spiking the football on the "consensus science". Laugh my balls off...........its like bragging that you nailed the most gorgeous girl in town yet you never blew a nut!!!

All the thousands of posts on here by you knuckleheads!!! As the graph above clearly displays, time for Plan B s0ns!!!:fu::coffee::fu::coffee::fu::coffee::fu:

thCAK0G3OO.jpg

Last edited:
Wind in 2012: Booming in North America; Tops 100 GW in Europe | Renewable Energy News Article

Tulsa, OK and Nashua, NH -- The past year has brought about a boom of wind energy project completions in the U.S. as developers have rushed to take advantage of the Production Tax Credit (PTC). Meanwhile, Latin American and Canada have also seen tremendous growth, signs that wind energy in other parts of the Americas is healthy and growing, despite what may happen near-term in the U.S.

The third quarter of 2012 saw 1.8 GW of wind power capacity installed in the U.S., bringing the first three quarters of 2012 to 4.7 GW, according to the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA). The U.S. wind industry now totals 51.6 GW of cumulative wind capacity through the end of September 2012, spanning 29 states and Puerto Rico. The U.S. Energy Information Administration forecasts wind-powered generation this year will have grown by 16 percent over 2011.

Wind power manufacturing in the U.S. has had its ups and downs this year. Over 470 manufacturing facilities across the U.S. make components for wind turbines, and dedicated wind facilities that manufacture major components such as towers, blades and assembled nacelles can be found in every region. However, many of these manufacturing companies have been forced to reduce their U.S. workforce this year in preparation for the expiring PTC. Vestas, for example, cut nearly 1,500 wind manufacturing jobs at its Colorado facilities.

Raymond T. Pierrehumbert

Of course I did. Slowly plowing through most of the videos from the Conferance. Several on subducton zones, and since I live directly above one such zone, have a strong interest in what we are learning about them.

The video on the predictions clearly showed that the scientists from Tyndall to Hansen got it right, that Lindzen and Angstrom got it wrong. That the primary problem with their predictions were that they far underestimated the sensitivity of the climate to even the modest warming we have experianced thus far.

Raymond T. Pierrehumbert

Of course I did. Slowly plowing through most of the videos from the Conferance. Several on subducton zones, and since I live directly above one such zone, have a strong interest in what we are learning about them.

The video on the predictions clearly showed that the scientists from Tyndall to Hansen got it right, that Lindzen and Angstrom got it wrong. That the primary problem with their predictions were that they far underestimated the sensitivity of the climate to even the modest warming we have experianced thus far.

You know, that's funny. I saw a very long rehashing of the history of the global warming movement. A little bit of Tyndal that is vastly overhyped and that's about it. There was ZERO attempt of objectivity at all.

But, for those who need to be spoonfed their talking points it was very good. For those interested in scientific procedures.....ummmm.... not very useful.

Wind in 2012: Booming in North America; Tops 100 GW in Europe | Renewable Energy News Article

Tulsa, OK and Nashua, NH -- The past year has brought about a boom of wind energy project completions in the U.S. as developers have rushed to take advantage of the Production Tax Credit (PTC). Meanwhile, Latin American and Canada have also seen tremendous growth, signs that wind energy in other parts of the Americas is healthy and growing, despite what may happen near-term in the U.S.

The third quarter of 2012 saw 1.8 GW of wind power capacity installed in the U.S., bringing the first three quarters of 2012 to 4.7 GW, according to the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA). The U.S. wind industry now totals 51.6 GW of cumulative wind capacity through the end of September 2012, spanning 29 states and Puerto Rico. The U.S. Energy Information Administration forecasts wind-powered generation this year will have grown by 16 percent over 2011.

Wind power manufacturing in the U.S. has had its ups and downs this year. Over 470 manufacturing facilities across the U.S. make components for wind turbines, and dedicated wind facilities that manufacture major components such as towers, blades and assembled nacelles can be found in every region. However, many of these manufacturing companies have been forced to reduce their U.S. workforce this year in preparation for the expiring PTC. Vestas, for example, cut nearly 1,500 wind manufacturing jobs at its Colorado facilities.

All the statistics presented by the warmist contingent about "booming" renewables:D:D:D:D:D:D

Do you ever notice they are ALWAYS measured only against their own growth rates.:blowup:

They are never placed in any context in comparison to other energy. If your baseline is shit, ANY increase looks good. If the Iranian navy adds one aircraft carrier, it inceases its "carrier fleet" by 100%!!! Pretty fucking impressive............until you realize the baseline was zero!!!:disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::2up: How about the flat chested chick who goes out and "doubles" her boob size!!! Fairly compelling huh??? But not if youre this chick..............

Keira_Knightley_Forum_RomeoNet_Ro_37.jpg

Nobody would care except the committed small boob guy!!!!

Warmists throw out bogus and misleading statistics every single day on the internet. But it doesnt change shit..........take a gander up this page and look at the pie graph at the top.

As the graphs at the top of this page clearly display ( the source is a governmental agency).......renewables as a % of the usable energy sources are going to be a sliver for decades to come......no matter what bogus stats the alarmists throw out there!!!

Last edited:

All the statistics presented by the warmist contingent about "booming" renewables:D:D:D:D:D:D

Do you ever notice they are ALWAYS measured only against their own growth rates.:blowup:

They are never placed in any context in comparison to other energy. If your baseline is shit, ANY increase looks good. If the Iranian navy adds one aircraft carrier, it inceases its "carrier fleet" by 100%!!! Pretty fucking impressive............until you realize the baseline was zero!!!:disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::2up: How about the flat chested chick who goes out and "doubles" her boob size!!! Fairly compelling huh??? But not if youre this chick..............

Keira_Knightley_Forum_RomeoNet_Ro_37.jpg

Nobody would care except the committed small boob guy!!!!

Warmists throw out bogus and misleading statistics every single day on the internet. But it doesnt change shit..........take a gander up this page and look at the pie graph at the top.

As the graphs at the top of this page clearly display ( the source is a governmental agency).......renewables as a % of the usable energy sources are going to be a sliver for decades to come......no matter what bogus stats the alarmists throw out there!!!

Hey! I like Keira! Change your picture!:lol:

Sorry guys for intruding and posting a totally off topic message.
I chose this thread since I found all my old and newer friends here.
From newer to older...
OldRocks, Skooky, Westwall & Mathew this Christmas video Greeting from Long Plain First Nations is for You...Next time I`ll tell my daughter Renee to mention You`all on our world wide 101.7 FM Rez Radio...say like on New Years...so tune in on our Internet Channel.
Meanwhile consider Yourselves included wit Siegfried, Wolfgang...a.k.a Pinky in these Christmas Greetings...remember what is most important..!!
I`m lucky and have it all,...all any normal man can wish for. Everything else is just ballast...like the stuff I used to haul in B-train trailers up and down the Dempster & Alaska Highway...Share the spirit Bro`s..!!!....:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rxp-TLOT94&feature=youtu.be]Manitoba Christmas 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I`m a hard boiled old battle axe, but there are things that put still put a tear drop in my eyes.and my daugter Renee the Rez radio D-Jay knows how...even though I hate to admit it.
And by the way OldRocks,...don`t worry about our Polarbears in Manitoba...the temperature here is just to their liking as You`ll see in this X-mas video greeting to You and Your`s + all the above mentioned. Today I was more worried about the stray dogs on our Reservation than "starving" Al Gore Polar bears in Churchill Manitoba..
But don`t worry every household here shares their Christmas Turkey leftovers with these stray "Bumpus hounds". Many even have electric heating blankets to enjoy the sun at a - 32 C Manitoba Christmas day.
I hope what lays ahead for You`'all is as good as it has been for me as I soon approach the end of my road.
Signed
Polarbear
Long Plain First Nations
Manitoba, Canada
By the way please pass it on to IanC & Poopydoo
I wish them a merry Christmas as well.
There is a time for war and a time for peace and right now it`s not war-time.

Hi Polar. A Merry Christmas to you and yours. From the Tribe here. Will be about 20 to 25 people in our little house tomorrow. Most from Charmaines side. She is a superb baker, and has a dozen or so pies and the like baked, as well as dozens of cookies. Ham, turkey, roast ribs, roast beef, and all the fixin's. If I were retired already, there would be venison and elk, also.

Won't worry about your Polar Bears in Manitoba, unless I meet one face to face. Then I would demonstrate how quickly a old fart can move.

Normal Christmas weather here. 40 or so and raining. Over home, there are colder temps, but nothing like the minuses that you are experiancing. Some of that area does have very cold temps on occasion. I have seen it below -40 several times, and the official lowest temperatue for Senaca is -53.

Life goes on as usual. Had a bad case of pneumonia, missed five days work, the most I have missed at a time in decades. Took the pre-calc final with pneumonia, don't remember much of what was on the test. Must have done better than I thought. Got an A for the class. Had to be a low A.

Well, a Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year.

Polar, as much as I like Von Bruan, Willy Ley was the one that wrote the best for explaining the workings of the early rockets for the people of my age then. Such a shame that he did not live to see the Eagle land.

Forum List

Back