Deal or no deal?

There won't be any deal. The Won has basically said he gets what he wants for free.

We have The Man Who Would Be King in the White House, and its going to be a long four years.

they fought the 1993 budget law that gave us a surplus under Clinton and then took the credit for it and then got Bush elected and they immediately spoent the fuck out of it.

they they crashed the world economy AGAIN and fought ANYTHING that was done to fix it.

They lied us into expensive war and cut taxes at the same time.

This is the result of the republican party being insane

I don't want to see cuts to the military, but I do want your average liberal to feel some pain. They think the debt is some extraneous number. Only when they are negatively impacted will they ever begin to connect the dots from progressivism to the big pile of shit we are headed for ( wishful thinking ).
I think liberals are guided by their ideals / hearts - not cognition. They think it's all monopoly money until it comes out of their pockets!

Both parties drove us to the edge, try to understand the govt. is run by both parties and has been for a long time.

Dude the republican party has been screwing with the rules of the game in the congress for years now.

they are the problem

TM's political opinions fit on a one-sided, one paragraph, double-spaced sheet of talking points paper. Keep repeating the same thing day in and day out. So what if it has nothing to do with the topic.:cool:

Mind boggling that she doesn't read a damned thing that people post...yet.... replies with something that the little man in her head tells her to.:cool:

Because the country has no leadership, the "fiscal cliff" is actually the best option, IMHO. Obama is a gutless wimp that couldn't lead a parade, never mind a nation, so any chance of "Leadership" from the executive branch is a non-starter. Obama is Chauncey Gardiner without the charming hat and umbrella. He's incapable of actual leadership.

The GOP leadership (sic) are feckless, fractured, floundering, fuck-ups that folded with a full house. Their best and only strategy is to focus in spending cuts and fiscally conservative principles. They need to wield the power they possess and tie any debt ceiling deal to MASSIVE spending cuts. Refuse to compromise and they will prevail.

We need leaders, not whiners.

Because the country has no leadership, the "fiscal cliff" is actually the best option, IMHO. Obama is a gutless wimp that couldn't lead a parade, never mind a nation, so any chance of "Leadership" from the executive branch is a non-starter. Obama is Chauncey Gardiner without the charming hat and umbrella. He's incapable of actual leadership.

The GOP leadership (sic) are feckless, fractured, floundering, fuck-ups that folded with a full house. Their best and only strategy is to focus in spending cuts and fiscally conservative principles. They need to wield the power they possess and tie any debt ceiling deal to MASSIVE spending cuts. Refuse to compromise and they will prevail.

We need leaders, not whiners.

:clap2:

Going over the cliff is scary, it will hurt when we hit bottom, but in the long run it will be better than the pocket pool the govt. is playing now.
It's not how far we fall, but a measure in how fast we pick ourselves up that shows the character as a nation.

Let's be honest with ourselves

Our current government is incapable of reaching agreement on anything. They can't pass simple bills, how can they pass this?

The fiscal cliff will automatically do it for them. We will panic initially and then adjust to live with it. In the long run, it will reduce the deficit

As was pointed out, the same clowns that got us here are suddenly concerned with the debt...oh the irony...

Who declared two wars and cut taxes to pay for it?
Couldn't be the party of fiscal responsibility

Who declared....Deficits don't matter?
couldn't be the party of fiscal responsibility

Let's be honest with ourselves

Our current government is incapable of reaching agreement on anything. They can't pass simple bills, how can they pass this?

The fiscal cliff will automatically do it for them. We will panic initially and then adjust to live with it. In the long run, it will reduce the deficit

As was pointed out, the same clowns that got us here are suddenly concerned with the debt...oh the irony...

Who ran it up? Who runs from it?

Republicans ran it up

Senseless tax cuts, wars, unfunded mandates

Thanks for asking

Republicans ran it up

Thanks for asking

All on oBUMa's watch. He's president...he owns it. Isn't that the left's mantra for Bush?

And it was hardly all from Bush. What cuts has oBUMa made to reduce it?

The real run up is due to entitlement programs that are snowballing. This problem is decades in the making.

Does anyone really care anymore if we go over the fiscal cliff? After listening to the D.C. nuts for the past several day's and again on the Sunday talk shows I"m so pissed off and disgusted with both parties I really hope we do go over the cliff I would rather see that than some half ass deal that does nothing other than give false appearance that the politicians actually did something.
Any and all potential deals out there will be proposed or agreed upon for one, and only one, reason: To preserve favored spending programs.

I say let both the tax rates and the spending sequester kick in.

The real run up is due to entitlement programs that are snowballing. This problem is decades in the making.

And exactly what this administration doesn't want to address.

It's real simple what oBUMa's intentions are. He just wants to cruise through the next four years just like the first 4. Do nothing, enjoy being President, spend like a drunken sailor, stroke his ego, hurt the country indirectly or directly in a way that it can't get pinned on him, pretend he's a Hollywood celebrity and shoot a few hoops in-between...and blame it all on Bush and everyone but himself.

This POS is no leader.

Last edited:

Republicans ran it up

Thanks for asking

All on oBUMa's watch. He's president...he owns it. Isn't that the left's mantra for Bush?

And it was hardly all from Bush. What cuts has oBUMa made to reduce it?

Obama had to pay for Bush's wars, Bush's tax cuts, Bush's unfunded Medicare Part D all with what was left from Bush's economy

Tell me about all the Obama programs that added to the debt?

Does anyone really care anymore if we go over the fiscal cliff? After listening to the D.C. nuts for the past several day's and again on the Sunday talk shows I"m so pissed off and disgusted with both parties I really hope we do go over the cliff I would rather see that than some half ass deal that does nothing other than give false appearance that the politicians actually did something.

:iagree:

At this point in time that's the best the best option on the table. It's not like the tax rates are the highest ever seen and the spending cuts of sequestration are quite necessary. There's no reason for us to spend more than the next 10 nations combined on our military budget, and forcing the healthcare laws in to compliance with reality is long overdue.

Forum List

Back