DC Solar Owners Plead Guilty

Solydra failed because China put them out of business with subsidized solar panels so cheap no one could compete with them.
Solar power is not complicated to most people. Wind power is simple and effective. I think you are jealous that you do not understand the simplicity of the topic.
They failed because they are not market sustainable. Period. That is the simplicity.

Present your argument how Solyndra wasn't "market sustainable."

A: Solyndra would never have existed to start with, without government support.
B: Solyndra was not able to be profitable, even with government support.

Case closed.

No businesses would exist without government support.

Solyndra wasn't profitable because China subsidized their competitors. Chinese companies sold retail for less than it cost to manufacturer, and baby bush let it happen.

So in other words we should had slapped tariffs on those competitors. Something all globalist pigs, from Bush to Obama, balk at.

They need long prison sentences. I'm surprised they have been personally charged.

Another Obama solar initiative bites the dust, but not until after stealing millions from individuals, companies and the US government.

This solar project turned into the largest Ponzi scheme in Eastern California history.

It was reported this week that the owners of a massive solar company turned ponzi scheme were indicted this week in Eastern California. According to the DOJ in Eastern California:

The owners of DC Solar, a Benicia-based company, pleaded guilty today to charges related to a billion dollar Ponzi scheme— the biggest criminal fraud scheme in the history of the Eastern District of California. The government’s investigation has resulted in the largest criminal forfeiture in the history of the District with over $120 million in assets forfeited that will go to victims, and has returned $500 million to the United States Treasury, with more to come, U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott announced.

thegatewaypundit.com/2020/01/another-obama-solar-company-burns-out-dc-solar-owners-plead-guilty-to-largest-ponzi-scheme-in-eastern-california-history/

Both solar and wind are shams meant to take in technically illiterate fools who understand nothing of science, technology, physics, engineering, mathematics or economics among other subjects. Plus they have no common walking around horse sense.

The sham generates 95% of the electricity that powers my property in Coronado, Ca.
And less than one percent of the grid, fool.

The sham generates 95% of the electricity that powers my property in Coronado, Ca.

Isn't that where the single highest cost electricity is found ... my friend in North Park pays triple per kw-hr than I do ... and mine is roughly 80% renewables ...

"Is it sunny very often in Coronado" ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... I kill me ...

If your employer paid you a living wage you could also afford to live here.

FYI: Electricity prices are highest in Hawaii but expenditures are highest in South Carolina - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Solydra failed because China put them out of business with subsidized solar panels so cheap no one could compete with them.
Solar power is not complicated to most people. Wind power is simple and effective. I think you are jealous that you do not understand the simplicity of the topic.
They failed because they are not market sustainable. Period. That is the simplicity.

Case closed.

Solyndra wasn't profitable because China subsidized their competitors. Chinese companies sold retail for less than it cost to manufacturer, and baby bush let it happen.

So in other words we should had slapped tariffs on those competitors. Something all globalist pigs, from Bush to Obama, balk at.

Slapping tariffs on China is a tax increase on the working class Americans. tRump likes to do that (per Diem deduction) nice $4k - $6k tax increase on company truck drivers.

Case closed.

No business would exist without government support? Bull crap. The vast majority of all businesses exist without government support.

It does not matter why Solyndra was not profitable. Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

What matters is that it cost tax payers a ton of money, for absolutely nothing.

I worked at a McDonald's when I was in high school, that even to my inexperienced eyes, was obviously and clearly badly managed.

Just a few months after I quit that job, the entire story closed. How much did that business closing cost the tax payers? Nothing.

Because the government doesn't hand out money, to open or run, or subsidize McDonald's stores.

Solyndra was a totally new concept in solar panel construction. Why no one has reopened the process they created I do not know?

Case closed.

Slapping tariffs on China is a tax increase on the working class Americans. tRump likes to do that (per Diem deduction) nice $4k - $6k tax increase on company truck drivers.
Trump likes to do, what the people who voted for him, asked him to do.
While I generally agree with your statements about tariffs, your conclusion that Trump is doing it because he likes to tax working people, is absolute ignorance.

Whether your left-wing toddler level mind can handle it or not, Trump was elected on the idea of putting in place tariffs.
Whether the American public understands how tariffs works, and who ends up paying the cost of tariffs, is up for debate. But the fact is, Trump is simply doing what he ran on, and was elected on.

tRump has no clue what he was elected for. He does like taxing the working stiffs like me and so many others.Tariffs simply increase the cost of the product and purchaser pays cost.

Solyndra was a totally new concept in solar panel construction. Why no one has reopened the process they created I do not know?

He just said, the product was not market sustainable.
The fact no one else picked up the same bad product, is proof of that.
If you have a viable, practical, sustainable product... then you don't need government, or anyone to do anything. Someone wanting to make a profit, will pick up the product.

Case closed.

No business would exist without government support? Bull crap. The vast majority of all businesses exist without government support.

It does not matter why Solyndra was not profitable. Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I worked at a McDonald's when I was in high school, that even to my inexperienced eyes, was obviously and clearly badly managed.

Just a few months after I quit that job, the entire story closed. How much did that business closing cost the tax payers? Nothing.

Because the government doesn't hand out money, to open or run, or subsidize McDonald's stores.

Name one business that doesn't exist without government support.

Make your point.

McDonald's | Subsidy Tracker

Another Obama solar initiative bites the dust, but not until after stealing millions from individuals, companies and the US government.

This solar project turned into the largest Ponzi scheme in Eastern California history.

It was reported this week that the owners of a massive solar company turned ponzi scheme were indicted this week in Eastern California. According to the DOJ in Eastern California:

The owners of DC Solar, a Benicia-based company, pleaded guilty today to charges related to a billion dollar Ponzi scheme— the biggest criminal fraud scheme in the history of the Eastern District of California. The government’s investigation has resulted in the largest criminal forfeiture in the history of the District with over $120 million in assets forfeited that will go to victims, and has returned $500 million to the United States Treasury, with more to come, U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott announced.

thegatewaypundit.com/2020/01/another-obama-solar-company-burns-out-dc-solar-owners-plead-guilty-to-largest-ponzi-scheme-in-eastern-california-history/

The owners, Jeff and Paulette Carpoff, were BIG Republican contributors.

Even BIGGER democrat donators.

Case closed.

While I generally agree with your statements about tariffs, your conclusion that Trump is doing it because he likes to tax working people, is absolute ignorance.

Whether your left-wing toddler level mind can handle it or not, Trump was elected on the idea of putting in place tariffs.
Whether the American public understands how tariffs works, and who ends up paying the cost of tariffs, is up for debate. But the fact is, Trump is simply doing what he ran on, and was elected on.

See below!

Case closed.

See below!

"I'm doing exactly what you asked me to do!"

Left-wing idiot "See he's fooling everyone... by doing what he was elected to do!"

You prove your stupidity in every post.

The owners, Jeff and Paulette Carpoff, were BIG Republican contributors.

Even BIGGER democrat donators.

Nah. All Republican and most from Nevada. Dean Heller (R) comes to mind.

See below!

Left-wing idiot "See he's fooling everyone... by doing what he was elected to do!"

Which one of you "poor with credit" wanted your taxes raised?

Case closed.

Make your point.

So your own link proves what I said.

You can look at the "subsidies" in that tracker, and it says the same thing. There is no money being handed out to McDonald.

You have tax abatements, and tax credits, and for a very short time in 2008-2009, you had guaranteed loans.

An abatement, is not giving money to anyone. I can't go get rich off a tax abatement. No one gets rich off tax credits either. Tax credits and abatement, merely means you pay less tax than you would have otherwise.

As I have said many times, if I came and stole hundreds of dollars from your wallet... and then I gave you $20 back... would you think I was subsidizing you now? Abatements and credits are not subsidizes, unless you are stupid enough, foolish enough, mindless enough, to believe that your money already belonged to government to begin with.

If you really are that incompetent as a person, then it makes sense that allowing you to keep more of the money you yourself earned, is somehow a 'subsidy'.

During the financial crash of 2008-9, the government had a CPFF program.
https://wikimili.com/en/Commercial_Paper_Funding_Facility
This program offered LOANS... not bailouts... Loans that were repaid with interest.
I disagree with this program, but it is still not a government hand out. So when you get a loan from a mortgage bank, do you consider that a hand out? Are you being subsidized by the big banks? Then you should be thankful to all the banks that are taking your money with interest. What a dumb position, but it fits the pattern of left-wingers like you.

McDonald's existed and was profitable, before this program ever existed, and it exists and is profitable, long after the program ended.

Besides that, even if you just look at the list of supposed "subsidies"... the vast vast majority are under $100,000, and a good portion are under $10,000.

So in your ignorant world, you really think that even a $90,000 tax credit or abatement, is going to make a huge difference in a McDonald's store that cost $2.7 Million to build, and usually rakes in $2.5 million in sales a year (on average 2014 numbers)? Really? The store rakes in $2.7 Million, but that $90K tax abatement... in your world, that's the reason it's profitable?

And lastly, your article is so full of crap....

Out of all the listings you have, only FIVE of those are since 2015. Only FIVE.... worth only $45,000. Really? McDonald's made $21 Billion dollars in sales, but in your mindlessly stupid universe, it was that $45K in NON-"subsidies", that kept McDonald's alive? They couldn't possibly survive without government "providing" (read 'not taking') that $45K?

You want to know why us on the right-wing, look at left-wingers and think this is why we need insane asylums? We read posts from people like you. That's why we know left-wing ideology is a mental illness.

Last edited:

See below!

Funny, I think the only people proposing raising taxes is on the left.

Case closed.

Make your point.

So your own link proves what I said.

You can look at the "subsidies" in that tracker, and it says the same thing. There is no money being handed out to McDonald.

You have tax abatements, and tax credits, and for a very short time in 2008-2009, you had guaranteed loans.

An abatement, is not giving money to anyone. I can't go get rich off a tax abatement. No one gets rich off tax credits either. Tax credits and abatement, merely means you pay less tax than you would have otherwise.

As I have said many times, if I came and stole hundreds of dollars from your wallet... and then I gave you $20 back... would you think I was subsidizing you now? Abatements and credits are not subsidizes, unless you are stupid enough, foolish enough, mindless enough, to believe that your money already belonged to government to begin with.

If you really are that incompetent as a person, then it makes sense that allowing you to keep more of the money you yourself earned, is somehow a 'subsidy'.

During the financial crash of 2008-9, the government had a CPFF program.
https://wikimili.com/en/Commercial_Paper_Funding_Facility
This program offered LOANS... not bailouts... Loans that were repaid with interest.
I disagree with this program, but it is still not a government hand out. So when you get a loan from a mortgage bank, do you consider that a hand out? Are you being subsidized by the big banks? Then you should be thankful to all the banks that are taking your money with interest. What a dumb position, but it fits the pattern of left-wingers like you.

McDonald's existed and was profitable, before this program ever existed, and it exists and is profitable, long after the program ended.

Besides that, even if you just look at the list of supposed "subsidies"... the vast vast majority are under $100,000, and a good portion are under $10,000.

So in your ignorant world, you really think that even a $90,000 tax credit or abatement, is going to make a huge difference in a McDonald's store that cost $2.7 Million to build, and usually rakes in $2.5 million in sales a year (on average 2014 numbers)? Really? The store rakes in $2.7 Million, but that $90K tax abatement... in your world, that's the reason it's profitable?

And lastly, your article is so full of crap....

Out of all the listings you have, only FIVE of those are since 2015. Only FIVE.... worth only $45,000. Really? McDonald's made $21 Billion dollars in sales, but in your mindlessly stupid universe, it was that $45K in NON-"subsidies", that kept McDonald's alive? They couldn't possibly survive without government "providing" (read 'not taking') that $45K?

You want to know why us on the right-wing, look at left-wingers and think this is why we need insane asylums? We read posts from people like you. That's why we know left-wing ideology is a mental illness.

Tax abatement's and tax credits are subsidies.

See below!

Funny, I think the only people proposing raising taxes is on the left.

tRump actually did it.

Forum List

Back