Day of infamy? pssst,, the Japs won WWII

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Working Man, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Yep, today is the day I saw a bunch of baby boomers scooting around in their Jap and Korean cars.. Hondas, Mitsubishis, Kias.. Just about all of them had "support our troops", or "God bless America" stickers plastered on them.

And,, on Pearl Harbour day 2005, no less, the Navy tells Groton CT's Electric Boat to take a hike. Budget woes cause havoc in our nations defense. It was announced that the game plan is to lay off/retire our soldiers (40,000, or so) and sailors in order to have enough money to buy "a" ship.

In the meantime, the Chinese are running out of space to build new cities. Aint it a bitch to be Chinese right now?

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

I <3 my Japanese Car :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    But that is a good looking copy of a Dodge Viper.. Nice pictures.

4. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Many of those "Japanese" cars you see on the road were assembled by american workers. Free trade is good. And China only seems like a powerhouse because they are finally enjoying some economic freedom. If they had been free all along, their growth would have been smooth, gradual, and unremarkable.

5. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    If they are growing, then something has to shrink.. That is the US economy.. I don't blame the Chinese, nor the Japs. It is what the US people want.

My big concern now is what type of collision are we going to have with the Chinese with regards to energy needs?? They not only have the need for petroleum, but Have the cash to pay for it..

We have communities here in the US where 500 phone calls are being made/placed per hour for heating assistance.

ISO New England has reported that there will be rolling black outs in the area because of the "lack" of natural gas. Lot of good that big plasma screen is going to be when the power goes out.

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

I am bewildered at how the car can look like a viper to somebody, but thanks nonetheless! :D

7. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    it looks like one of them little limited edition hot rods, but that's ok cause it looks good..

And, for the record,,I am considering a Toyota myself. Why bother pissing into the wind of change/inevitablility??? I'm sick of being wet.

GM, and Ford couldn't give a rats ass if I live or die. Dodge put the boots to me with their crappy transmission, under engineered brakes and headlights on the $25000 vehicle I bought from them..

So,, my committment to the US auto makers is fading.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I woulda thought that your bitterness would have killed you but now but it WILL be intersting to see how the US and China are going to negotiate their way through resource demands.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Ha! that is so damn funny because my 97 Dodge Avenger has had to have its brake pads changed every year since i got it, its headlights have faded down to needing high beams as regular lights and the transmission is just about shot. Thank god i only spent $2000 for it 3 years ago. :)

Fuck Dodge. I am fed up with the lack of vision American car companies have had. All these tax incentives have made them fat and lazy. If they wont do it, then the Japs sure will. The more factories they bring here, the more jobs that creates for Americans as far as the final product goes. The materials will take a hit though and we have the wonderful fellows at congress to thank for that lovely quantum physics equation they call the tax code. Ive owned all american cars to this point which is a rarity for someone my age. But the are really dropping the ball on these new designs and prices and i think my next car ill take the plunge into the foreign realm.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

My 1997 Nissan just hit 100,000------original brakes-front and rear. Amazing