Day of infamy? pssst,, the Japs won WWII

Working Man said:
What got my bladder in an uproar, originaly, was seeing so many of the newer generations of stu-nods driving their jap/korean cars around on Peal Harbour day. Many had stickers on their vehicles that were proclaiming their united patriotic support... OK,, so be it.. They are full of sxxxx, but we have to live with them.

I have even admitted that I am now looking at a Jap car cause I am sick of the junk I have purchased from American car manufactures like GM, Ford, and Dodge... ((The dirty rat bastards at Dodge even charged me twenty bucks to send junk mail to my house without my approval... Oh well))...

I don't want to purchase a foreign car, but I do want another vehicle that gets over 40 miles to a gallon. My Harley gets about 40 on the highway, but I wouldn't want to drive it all year round..(( by the way,, try getting some parts for a 1995 Harley.. They are not always available which was really a surprise to me.. H.D. is selling Chink leathers, and acting much more like a Jap manufacture when they drop parts promptly at the 10 year mark.))

Now,, what has this last part got to do with CSM??? Diverting funds for other stuff... OK,, screw the subs, the jets, and the Ipods in public school...

Divert about the amount we would spend on a sub, etc.. and get back to making solar panels, energy efficient/alternative products.. Hybrid cars for example. Ford did a half ass stab at some battery powered cars and trucks..
Schools have been playing with these alt energy cars and competing in the Tour de Sol... what can we take from their research and build commercialy now??? Can you imagine what would happen if we could get 10-20% of the US vehicles into the high mpg class?? Lowering the reliance on gas, energy, etc can only be a good thing for this country for numerous reasons.

The real game players in town for hybrids are the Japs.. Kudos to them for taking the lead.. GM and the rest have been playing Pimp out your SUV too much and that is one of the reasons they have their hands on their asses..

You don't want people driving foreign cars on pearl harbor day? It is possible to drive a Japanese car and yet still be patriotic.

Working Man said:
What got my bladder in an uproar, originaly, was seeing so many of the newer generations of stu-nods driving their jap/korean cars around on Peal Harbour day. Many had stickers on their vehicles that were proclaiming their united patriotic support... OK,, so be it.. They are full of sxxxx, but we have to live with them.

I have even admitted that I am now looking at a Jap car cause I am sick of the junk I have purchased from American car manufactures like GM, Ford, and Dodge... ((The dirty rat bastards at Dodge even charged me twenty bucks to send junk mail to my house without my approval... Oh well))...

I don't want to purchase a foreign car, but I do want another vehicle that gets over 40 miles to a gallon. My Harley gets about 40 on the highway, but I wouldn't want to drive it all year round..(( by the way,, try getting some parts for a 1995 Harley.. They are not always available which was really a surprise to me.. H.D. is selling Chink leathers, and acting much more like a Jap manufacture when they drop parts promptly at the 10 year mark.))

Now,, what has this last part got to do with CSM??? Diverting funds for other stuff... OK,, screw the subs, the jets, and the Ipods in public school...

Divert about the amount we would spend on a sub, etc.. and get back to making solar panels, energy efficient/alternative products.. Hybrid cars for example. Ford did a half ass stab at some battery powered cars and trucks..
Schools have been playing with these alt energy cars and competing in the Tour de Sol... what can we take from their research and build commercialy now??? Can you imagine what would happen if we could get 10-20% of the US vehicles into the high mpg class?? Lowering the reliance on gas, energy, etc can only be a good thing for this country for numerous reasons.

The real game players in town for hybrids are the Japs.. Kudos to them for taking the lead.. GM and the rest have been playing Pimp out your SUV too much and that is one of the reasons they have their hands on their asses..

I hate to tell you this, but if you increase gas mileage on vehicles, people will not rely on gas less, they will just drive more, its just a fact.

As for spending the money from subs on energy developement, you want to subsidize the private industry? Then it will become less competetive on the world market. Govt subsidies are never good for anyone except the person who gets MY MONEY....

LuvRPgrl said:
I hate to tell you this, but if you increase gas mileage on vehicles, people will not rely on gas less, they will just drive more, its just a fact.

In the real world, so what.. If they drive a bit more cause they can, let them. The point is that there will be a savings... There are only so many hours in a day, and most of us have to be tucked in or tuck somebody in so,, the mileage will still be limited.

As for spending the money from subs on energy developement, you want to subsidize the private industry? Then it will become less competetive on the world market. Govt subsidies are never good for anyone except the person who gets MY MONEY....

you, me, and the rest of the dweebs who masterbate on these bulletin boards, are able to do so, freely, because our government provides a half way decent defense of our collective rights. One of the tools used to do so, in our behalf, is the submarine. Not every one can own a nuclear sub. There are people who could afford one, but can't own one.. The platform for weapons deployment is not permitted to be owned buy just anyone. So, commercial aspects of their production is controlled.. Again,, we have protections in place to keep you and me safe.. Those protections come at a price. I know what is inside a new boat, and how they are made. It is for a reason.. Cutting corners to be able to market and affordable submarine is not a good idea for the crews who have to live in them for 6 months a clip, and dive to undesclosed depths in order to remain undetected.. Plus,, that is all YOU need to know..

Subsidize the alt energy market?? Sure,, if we can get the technology rolling at a commercialy viable rate,, then we win.. Yes, private industry can make somethings cheaper and more effective.. But we need to jump start this technology again.. When Jimmy Carter was the prez, we had some good things come out of his tax deffered program.. Some of the solar products were gimmicks and scams, but some of the things we learned we are building off of today.. But the bottom line, we need to push for technology, and for improvements. If seeding the industry, in order for it to become really viable, is needed,,, get' er done!!!

Areas of improvement.. Battery, energy storage, translation... Materials of lightweight to strength ratios... That are not degradable due to the sunshine itself... Networks of charging stations,, uncase that shopping trip to Hoboken gets out of control.....

The better we become at being less dependent on petroleum products NOW,, the better we will be when the btus stored in the ground really dry up...

The ClayTaurus said:
You don't want people driving foreign cars on pearl harbor day? It is possible to drive a Japanese car and yet still be patriotic.

No, I don't think it is right.. Too many people today are too young to remember the arguments of the 60's about importing foreign products..

The company who built the fighter planes that enabled the japs to kill uncles, brothers, fathers, etc to my family and other Americans,,, is the same company that makes the Gallant today..

NOW,,, TO BE FAIR,,, did GM, FORD, CHRYSLER, use the years of patriotic protectionism wisely??? NO....Should people only buy cars made in America when the jap cars are pretty damn good?? I have to say no... I really find it difficult to see jobs and technology leaving the US and being replaced with imports. Managment and UAW are greatly to blame.. Five years ago I argued with Ford engineers to get off their asses and put their hybrid into production.. They didn't, and now are going to have to play catch the japs again.. But, the japs are at least 5 production years better off than we are...It was an expensive mistake for the US auto industry.

WHICH WAY ARE GAS PRICES GOING TODAY,, UP OR DOWN???

DELPHI manufacturing..... I heard today on the radio that the company wants to cut the wages of the people from $27/hour to $10.. Who are these people making $27? Are they machinists, technicians, etc??? Or just assembly folks???

Mitsubishi is the company that produced the Japanese Zeros that bombed Pearl Harbor, but they sure do make a hell of a TV! I sure do love watching 'Friends' :rolleyes: Where's the buffet line start!? :lalala:

Forum List

Back