Day of infamy? pssst,, the Japs won WWII

archangel said:
."Vehicale" as in California vehicle being a Cali thingee... :halo: just havn' some fun here no malice intended!
No, as in all inclusive, cars, mini vans, suvs, trucks...etc

Edit: and yes I missed the spelling error.. :alco:

dilloduck said:
I woulda thought that your bitterness would have killed you but now but it WILL be intersting to see how the US and China are going to negotiate their way through resource demands.

Dill, come on now. You know me well enough to know that I am anything but bitter.. (erh,,,)

Bottom line bro,, this country is shot.

I have little faith in politicians, and less in the US citizenry, or vice versa. :scratch:

Working Man said:
Dill, come on now. You know me well enough to know that I am anything but bitter.. (erh,,,)

Bottom line bro,, this country is shot.

I have little faith in politicians, and less in the US citizenry, or vice versa. :scratch:
Come on, the future is bright…Look, we have two young kids on this board that are bright as hell. Both Gem and Clay are our future and I know there are many more just like em out there…Fear not.

Edit: I should add Hobbit and young Semper too. All of these kids are impressive IMO, unless they disagree with me, then they’re just kids.

Mr. P said:
No, as in all inclusive, cars, mini vans, suvs, trucks...etc

Edit: and yes I missed the spelling error.. :alco:

I hope it was a U.S.Beer...Bud or Miller...although "Corona" is not to bad along with Heinekin! ;)

Funny, i wonder if those who were killed by the nuclear bombs would agree that the Japanese won the war.

By the way,, I don't care for that argument about "the bomb"... The jap bastards would have used it on the US in a heart beat if they could have gotten to the machine shop a few months earlier....... Pearl Harbour, Batan, etc,. etc. The Japs are no angels.

Also, we don't live in a zero sum world. Simply because one person does well, doesnt mean another can't do well as well.

OK, so you think that a rising tide can raise the ship, ehh???

So why are bank robberies up??? The new growth industry in the cities is capping a kid for his pizza money... Pretty sad culture we have.

I don't see it. Property taxes are at record levels. Local governments depend on gambling revenues to "balance" their books.. One city trys to screw another in order to get business to move into their town. Doesn't sound like a booming economy to me.

My guess is that the devide between those who are over paid for what little they know, and the those who need what ever they know to survive is getting bigger.

Now,, for those who play xbox games till the wee hours of the morning, and then hang around all day bitching about the lack of good paying jobs.. Screw them.. It is unfortunate that we have to subsidize many of these individuals, or their kin.... This should not be taken as a racist statement either since stupid and lazy have no color/ethnic preferences.

On the other hand, some guy/gal studies in order to get a job in the local widget industry. Shortly thereafter he/she is displaced from their career by cheaper imported Asian/Indian/third world made widgets. This is what I know about,, and see daily.. What industry do we send the displaced to?? ((OR, are we to all become financial advisers and public servants?))

The new twist is that the Asians come here and displace the guys/gals in person.. Am I bitter like Dill implies? No, not really.. Just not sure what the future can bring that is any good when the present is sucking big time for so many.

Now,, on the same token.. Like GW said last week. Why keep people out of this country who are willing to do the work that Americans don't want to?
The answer is, in my opinion, you can't keep the Mexicans, Peruvians, etc, out.. These people have a right to eat, and send some money back home too.

But then, what do you do with the guys above who would rather play with Xboxes and not work?? Somebody has to pay for their food, their clothes, their medical, their legal, etc,. etc, etc,,

Mr. P said:
Come on, the future is bright…Look, we have two young kids on this board that are bright as hell. Both Gem and Clay are our future and I know there are many more just like em out there…Fear not.
Aww gee shucks thanks... stupid having to spread it around, I'll get you later ;)

archangel said:
I keep seeing all these pics of Japanese autos and all the praise...well I owned two Japanese autos in my life a Toyota Corona MarkII 1971 bought new traded in my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd...not that it was a bad car loved it... but needed the gas mileage cause I got married...also owned a 1975 Toyota pu bought new 1975 sold it two years ago...never had a problem..

However there are lemons in all auto production...and all products from Japan are not just autos...on my boat I have a Chrysler Force 125hp OB it kicks ass over the Japanese Yamaha 125hp any day, and is more dependable!

I also own two American autos a Jeep Cherokee Limited(Chrysler-Dodge) has given me dependable service...and a Ford Mustang Conv..which also has been dependable! So for y'all to go on bashing American autos cause ya got a lemon in the past is disingenious to say the least! :salute: ;)

I bet you wished you had that RoadRunner now. I absolutely have always loved that car.

I drive Fords and Mercedes benzes.

I like Ford trucks. The Taurus is also a good all around passenger car for the price.

And some of the Lincolns are really nice.

I have never liked GM.

My SUV is a toyota. Oh well, but I bought it in Phil. NOT JAPAN! :)

China has soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much space to grow its incredible. I fly over China about once a month. Even the philippines, which is a fairly small island chain in comparision, has almost 100 million people, I have flown over most of it, and the uninhabited areas comprises about 98% of the land. And the idea that if they grow, we shrink is about as ridiculous as.....well, just about anything.

You float only part of a sunken ship by breaking it in two.
See, answers for every one of your negatives. Wow, what a negative attitude.
Yea, you can find something wrong in any society. But home ownership is at an all time high, interest rates are at an all time low. Unemployment is historically low, the ownership of small businesses is doing well, the GDP is at an all time high...

If you really think this country sucks, go visit the Philippines, when you get back, as you get off the plane, you will bend down and kiss the ground you are standing on.

Working Man said:
OK, so you think that a rising tide can raise the ship, ehh???

So why are bank robberies up??? The new growth industry in the cities is capping a kid for his pizza money... Pretty sad culture we have.

I don't see it. Property taxes are at record levels. Local governments depend on gambling revenues to "balance" their books.. One city trys to screw another in order to get business to move into their town. Doesn't sound like a booming economy to me.

My guess is that the devide between those who are over paid for what little they know, and the those who need what ever they know to survive is getting bigger.

Now,, for those who play xbox games till the wee hours of the morning, and then hang around all day bitching about the lack of good paying jobs.. Screw them.. It is unfortunate that we have to subsidize many of these individuals, or their kin.... This should not be taken as a racist statement either since stupid and lazy have no color/ethnic preferences.

On the other hand, some guy/gal studies in order to get a job in the local widget industry. Shortly thereafter he/she is displaced from their career by cheaper imported Asian/Indian/third world made widgets. This is what I know about,, and see daily.. What industry do we send the displaced to?? ((OR, are we to all become financial advisers and public servants?))

The new twist is that the Asians come here and displace the guys/gals in person.. Am I bitter like Dill implies? No, not really.. Just not sure what the future can bring that is any good when the present is sucking big time for so many.

Now,, on the same token.. Like GW said last week. Why keep people out of this country who are willing to do the work that Americans don't want to?
The answer is, in my opinion, you can't keep the Mexicans, Peruvians, etc, out.. These people have a right to eat, and send some money back home too.

But then, what do you do with the guys above who would rather play with Xboxes and not work?? Somebody has to pay for their food, their clothes, their medical, their legal, etc,. etc, etc,,

LuvRPgrl said:
I bet you wished you had that RoadRunner now. I absolutely have always loved that car.

I drive Fords and Mercedes benzes.

I like Ford trucks. The Taurus is also a good all around passenger car for the price.

And some of the Lincolns are really nice.

I have never liked GM.

My SUV is a toyota. Oh well, but I bought it in Phil. NOT JAPAN! :)

China has soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much space to grow its incredible. I fly over China about once a month. Even the philippines, which is a fairly small island chain in comparision, has almost 100 million people, I have flown over most of it, and the uninhabited areas comprises about 98% of the land. And the idea that if they grow, we shrink is about as ridiculous as.....well, just about anything.

My 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner was painted Plum Crazy,had a electrical blower scoop,4spd hurst short shift,383 with a Holley 4bbl...and it did use the fuel..oh well those were the days...and sorry but I also like GM products...loved my 57Vet,283 cu bored to 301 dual 4bbls,positraction 411 rear end...love my newer Ford Mustang conv(given to GD)...Love my Chrysler Jeep Cherokee Limited...pre Canadian production model...amnymore questions?
;) A dedicated US product buyer!

The ClayTaurus said:
EB was told to take a hike because submarines are outdated technology. They serve virtually no purpose in today or tomorrow's Navy. I listened to an EB guy talk once, and it went something along the lines of "submarines are no longer relevant, but we should keep spending money on their development so that, if and when the time comes, and submarines again become relavent, we'll not have forgotten how to build them." It was a nice try, but everyone left thinking the guy basically admitted his product served no real purpose in today's armed forces. And it doesnt. It's like saying "black and white television isn't really used any more, but we should keep developing black and white television so that if we ever want to go back to black and white television, we'll know how."

I disagree that submarines are outdated. They are THE final line of reprisal. Even if every nuke we possess is targetted and hit at the same time in the US, those subs will still be out there somewhere.

And dead or not, I want my pound of flesh ...... ;)

GunnyL said:
I disagree that submarines are outdated. They are THE final line of reprisal. Even if every nuke we possess is targetted and hit at the same time in the US, those subs will still be out there somewhere.

And dead or not, I want my pound of flesh ...... ;)
I agree.
I didn’t understand that either. Subs are a vital part of our National defense.

You never hear much at all about Subs, but they’re out there doing a very important job (somewhere).

archangel said:
My 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner was painted Plum Crazy,had a electrical blower scoop,4spd hurst short shift,383 with a Holley 4bbl...and it did use the fuel..oh well those were the days...and sorry but I also like GM products...loved my 57Vet,283 cu bored to 301 dual 4bbls,positraction 411 rear end...love my newer Ford Mustang conv(given to GD)...Love my Chrysler Jeep Cherokee Limited...pre Canadian production model...amnymore questions?
;) A dedicated US product buyer!

Oh hey, Im not brand devoted in the slightest.

I really dont like jap cars. I buy and sell, and rarely deal in them. I find the Lincoln line, Cougar, Mark Vll and T bird from the early 80's to early 90's, rear wheel drives very reliable.

I do like vets also.

I just, for the most part, dont like Chevy products. Hey, Pontiac makes some impressive cars, the old goats....

we use to get into this one guys RoadRunner (he is a torrance cop now!) and go flying up this hill to the top, then get airborne. WOW! Funny thing, I live on that exact very street now, and if I saw some punk doing that now, I would literallly drag him outta the car and beat the living daylights out of him. I, seriously, cant believe we did that, its so damn dangerous, unless you had a guy standing to make sure there was no pedestrians.

I will say, it was my older brother and Larry M, who took me, it was never my idea, but damn it was fun. I know I had an angel on my shoulder the whole time.

Wouldnt you just love to have one of those factory produced Cuda's with a 383 hemi, convertable? Yea, only worth over several million right now, 11 produced, 9 accounted for (two were junked, im sure the owners have already commited suicide) and the car industry knows exactly who those 9 owners are.

Mr. P said:
I agree.
Subs, but they’re out there doing a very important job (somewhere).

R U sure?

(select choice of "twilight zone" music , or ???)

The ClayTaurus said:
EB was told to take a hike because submarines are outdated technology. They serve virtually no purpose in today or tomorrow's Navy. I listened to an EB guy talk once, and it went something along the lines of "submarines are no longer relevant, but we should keep spending money on their development so that, if and when the time comes, and submarines again become relavent, we'll not have forgotten how to build them." It was a nice try, but everyone left thinking the guy basically admitted his product served no real purpose in today's armed forces. And it doesnt. It's like saying "black and white television isn't really used any more, but we should keep developing black and white television so that if we ever want to go back to black and white television, we'll know how."

I wouldn't say that subs are relics in today's warefare quiver.. When piloted by a worthy captain, submarines can be placed in strategic locations and hold in their belly the future of the world.. Luckily, so far, we have never had to let the cargo fly... I should hope we never have to.

My knowledge on them?? Let's just say I have a few hours of experience inside of fast attacks, tridents,, etc.,.

Do we need a lot more??? Probably enough to keep up with the changing technology of detection and neutralization.

I am not one for building stuff just to keep jobs.. Case in point,, the B1 bomber... What was its charter?? The F18??? Sure, there are those who can defend these projects as well as others can defend subs...

Would I like to see EB diversify?? Sure.. But,,, tell me what the strategy is to compete against the Korean shipbuilders.. The technical knowledge pool shouldn't be mothballed, or squandered.

Working Man said:
I wouldn't say that subs are relics in today's warefare quiver.. When piloted by a worthy captain submarines can be place in strategic locations and hold in their belly the future of the world.. Luckily, so far, we have never had to let the cargo fly... I should hope we never have to.

My knowledge on them?? Let's just say I have a few hours of experience inside of fast attacks, tridents,, etc.,.

Do we need a lot more??? Probably enough to keep up with the changing technology of detection and neutralization.

I am not one for building stuff just to keep jobs.. Case in point,, the B1 bomber... What was its charter?? F18??? Sure, there are those who can defend these projects as well as others can defend subs...

Would I like to see EB diversify?? Sure.. But,,, tell me what the strategy is to compete against the Korean shipbuilders..

The function of submarines can be performed through other assets much more efficiently. The number 1 advantage of a submarine is it's stealth, but with the advent of satellites and submarine detection, submarines are or will soon be a thing of the past. Does that mean we should get rid of them all? No; it means development and acquisition of larger, manned submarines needs to be replaced by development and acquisition of smaller, unmanned submarines. What function does a submarine serve that cannot be performed by another asset?

The problem with US shipbuilding is the entire system. They can't financially compete with European and Korean shipyards, be it for government restrictions on wages or whatever, but then they get subsidized and effectively become completely insulated from the world market.

The ClayTaurus said:
The function of submarines can be performed through other assets much more efficiently. The number 1 advantage of a submarine is it's stealth, but with the advent of satellites and submarine detection, submarines are or will soon be a thing of the past. Does that mean we should get rid of them all? No; it means development and acquisition of larger, manned submarines needs to be replaced by development and acquisition of smaller, unmanned submarines. What function does a submarine serve that cannot be performed by another asset?

The problem with US shipbuilding is the entire system. They can't financially compete with European and Korean shipyards, be it for government restrictions on wages or whatever, but then they get subsidized and effectively become completely insulated from the world market.

Fortunaely for us the US has the best subs in the world. Other than the nuclear platform capability, subs perform lots of clandestine missions such as tracking other nation's warships (particularly other not-so-friendly nations such as North Korea and China). There are other missions subs perform that are highly classified that run the gamut from inserting special warfare teams, monitoring enemy communications, and so forth. Subs are very versatile and can perform multiple missions at the same time which is something 'other assets' may or may not be able to do.

US shipbuilding industry is indeed less than competitive, but US technology is greatly sought after by other nations.

In my opinion, we do not need huge wolfpacks roaming the worlds oceans but we most certainly need to retain submarines and the leading edge technology we have. After all, why should we limit our capabilities?

CSM said:
Fortunaely for us the US has the best subs in the world. Other than the nuclear platform capability, subs perform lots of clandestine missions such as tracking other nation's warships (particularly other not-so-friendly nations such as North Korea and China). There are other missions subs perform that are highly classified that run the gamut from inserting special warfare teams, monitoring enemy communications, and so forth. Subs are very versatile and can perform multiple missions at the same time which is something 'other assets' may or may not be able to do.

US shipbuilding industry is indeed less than competitive, but US technology is greatly sought after by other nations.

In my opinion, we do not need huge wolfpacks roaming the worlds oceans but we most certainly need to retain submarines and the leading edge technology we have. After all, why should we limit our capabilities?

It's not an issue of intentionally limiting so much as it is concentrating on the most effective development. You can't maximize development everywhere, there's not enough money.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's not an issue of intentionally limiting so much as it is concentrating on the most effective development. You can't maximize development everywhere, there's not enough money.

What got my bladder in an uproar, originaly, was seeing so many of the newer generations of stu-nods driving their jap/korean cars around on Peal Harbour day. Many had stickers on their vehicles that were proclaiming their united patriotic support... OK,, so be it.. They are full of sxxxx, but we have to live with them.

I have even admitted that I am now looking at a Jap car cause I am sick of the junk I have purchased from American car manufactures like GM, Ford, and Dodge... ((The dirty rat bastards at Dodge even charged me twenty bucks to send junk mail to my house without my approval... Oh well))...

I don't want to purchase a foreign car, but I do want another vehicle that gets over 40 miles to a gallon. My Harley gets about 40 on the highway, but I wouldn't want to drive it all year round..(( by the way,, try getting some parts for a 1995 Harley.. They are not always available which was really a surprise to me.. H.D. is selling Chink leathers, and acting much more like a Jap manufacture when they drop parts promptly at the 10 year mark.))

Now,, what has this last part got to do with CSM??? Diverting funds for other stuff... OK,, screw the subs, the jets, and the Ipods in public school...

Divert about the amount we would spend on a sub, etc.. and get back to making solar panels, energy efficient/alternative products.. Hybrid cars for example. Ford did a half ass stab at some battery powered cars and trucks..
Schools have been playing with these alt energy cars and competing in the Tour de Sol... what can we take from their research and build commercialy now??? Can you imagine what would happen if we could get 10-20% of the US vehicles into the high mpg class?? Lowering the reliance on gas, energy, etc can only be a good thing for this country for numerous reasons.

The real game players in town for hybrids are the Japs.. Kudos to them for taking the lead.. GM and the rest have been playing Pimp out your SUV too much and that is one of the reasons they have their hands on their asses..

Forum List

Back