Davy Jones is Dead

and these guys are considered pioneers of Country Rock.....some say they are right up there with The Dillards and the Burritto Bros and the Byrds.......Nesmith was more than just a Monkee thats for sure..........
Dillards? Burrrito bros?
They must not have had a TV show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPpnvNlywP8]The Flying Burrito Brothers - Colorado - YouTube[/ame]

and these guys are considered pioneers of Country Rock.....some say they are right up there with The Dillards and the Burritto Bros and the Byrds.......Nesmith was more than just a Monkee thats for sure..........
Dillards? Burrrito bros?
They must not have had a TV show.

yea i know this is a little over your head US.....but you joined the conversation,so try to keep up....

You mean the other monkey's or other favorite singers?
The rest of the monkey's were Micky Dolenez, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork.
Micky Dolnez was my 2nd favorite. :)

Mickey Dolenz played the street fair in hoboken about two years ago. he was actually pretty good.

I recall reading somewhere that Mickey was actually the most musically talented of all the Monkees.

actually Peter was able to play the most instruments,while Mike actually wrote a few songs that got some airplay.....Circus Boy....i dont think so....

How sad is that.... :-(
For once Warrior I agree with you,although they were a "manufactured Pop Group" they had some great hits....and they put on a terrific live show,saw them in Melbourne in 68...many songs written by harry neilson***,no it wasn't harry,maybe you'd know.....let me know...and Warrior THANKS FOR YOU POST.steven:cool:***No it was Willie Nelson always a great song writer and also John Stewart,yep they were the usual song writers for them.

Mike Nesmith had a few hits later on" I GO TO RIO" as I remember and also I remember he said his Mom invented Tippex !!!!!!!! Yeah folk use to laugh at them but I thought they were pretty good,just saying

Last edited:
I'm in shock this morning.

He was a member of "my" first rock band.

I was only four years old. And though the ancients (and I considered, at the time, anyone over the age of 8 to be grownup) considered them to be a fake group, I loved them and still do.

A part of my childhood just died today.

Have a Pleasant Valley Sunday, this weekend in Remembrance.

RIP Davy.

Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dies - Davy Jones - Fox Nation

636_022912_fx_davyjones.jpg

Last edited:
The Monkeys have been the butt of jokes for years. But for pre-teen pop, they were not that bad. I would take their stuff over Justin Bieber any day

And for ginspy, The Monkeys silly pop tunes were just as bad as some of the Beatles silly pop tunes. If the Monkeys sang Octopuses Garden or Yellow Submarine they would have been mocked

Last edited:
For once Warrior I agree with you,although they were a "manufactured Pop Group" they had some great hits....and they put on a terrific live show,saw them in Melbourne in 68...many songs written by harry neilson***,no it wasn't harry,maybe you'd know.....let me know...and Warrior THANKS FOR YOU POST.steven:cool:***No it was Willie Nelson always a great song writer and also John Stewart,yep they were the usual song writers for them.

Mike Nesmith had a few hits later on" I GO TO RIO" as I remember and also I remember he said his Mom invented Tippex !!!!!!!! Yeah folk use to laugh at them but I thought they were pretty good,just saying

the 2 guys who wrote the most of their tunes were Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart....:eusa_angel:

the 2 guys who wrote the most of their tunes were Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart....:eusa_angel:

... and neil diamond...

... and carole king.

You mean the other monkey's or other favorite singers?
The rest of the monkey's were Micky Dolenez, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork.
Micky Dolnez was my 2nd favorite. :)

Mickey Dolenz played the street fair in hoboken about two years ago. he was actually pretty good.

I recall reading somewhere that Mickey was actually the most musically talented of all the Monkees.

he probably had the best singing voice. peter tork played everything, including french horn.

Did you know that Mike Nesmith's mother invented Liquid Paper (aka White Out)?

Forum List

Back