DavidS Weightloss Problem

David, David David.

Stop turning to antiacids and other patent medicines. Those people peddle poison. They know that taking antiacids actually CAUSES heartburn because you body responds to that by producing MORE acid.

Try drinking some vinegar.

No, I am NOT kidding.

Incidently? The same counterintuitive solution can be allply to acne vulgarus.

the patent medinces you put on your faces because you THINK you're getting acne from OIL are guaranteed to make your acne worse.

Why?

Because the surface of your skin is TOOO DRY hence you body respons by putting more oil into your pores.

And since the surface is too dry, that oiul gets trapped in the pores.

Try washing your face with Dove soap for a couple months.

Yeah, that's right your skin is PROBABLY too dry which is why you are getting acne.

Never EVER EVER trust patent medicine.

Usually it aggrevates the problem and if you think about it, you realize that is NOT an accident.

I sort of agree ... kinda'. We as a society rely too much on pills to cure our ills. Some have merit, some don't. I am prone to seeking a natural remedy first. I've never tried the vinegar one because that's one I have never heard. White or red vinegar?

However, if I have a bacterial infection, I'm taking the antibiotics. :lol:

It's not the vnegar it's the acid that works.

I don't think the kind of acid is important.

Tums and the like actually exacerbates the problem.

That's why people become addicted (no I am NOT kidding!) to antiacids. I once knew a woman addicted to bromo-seltzer for example. She did, lord I don't know how many!, boxes of the stuff every day.

Remember that alkaloids are addictive, generally.

Last edited:
Shoes with a proper fit, and proper arch support minimize any havoc on your feet.. but you're not going to get said shoes for $20 at some department store. You actually have to pay for them, and if you're committed to that much walking, it's well worth it. Plan on replacing them every 6 months or so, tho...if not more.

i got no problem with shoes...new balance due to high arches...my problem my toes rub..and cause huge blisters..i have tried taping etc...but i was getting blisters on top of blisters...any time i go above 3 or more miles that would happen...i wear a size 11 so shoes are hard to find and once i find them i stock up

Try Skechers... Not necessarily the best shoes for guys, maybe.. But for women... I can spend 24 hours straight on my feet in constant movement, and not be anything other than mentally drained. I'd wear New Balance in a pinch because they're one of the few shoes that actually has a decent arch, but Skechers is still way better, IMO.

I like the New Balance with the rocker bar at the arch. There is no pressure on the balls of your feet or the heel. Comfy.

I have problems getting a snug fit around my ankles and heel. Once I find a good fit, it's hard for me to switch.

i got to have the arch support..i should post a wet foot print....it is two sections...the ball and the heel...
i have a nordic track...it looks good....

Drinking a minimum 120 ounces of water daily is indeed on way to drop some fat and inches. You have to be careful though because you CAN drown yourself that way.

That is true...some people don't realize that.

Did you hear of the case where a girl died of water intoxication after she drank a ton of water for a radio station contest?

Luckily, it is difficult to drink lethal doses of water unless you are consciously overriding your thirst mechanism that tells you to stop drinking.

And isn't over active thirst a sign of diabetes?

It can be. That and excessive urination.

The thirst is because your blood becomes full of lots of sugar molecules, which disrupts the osmotic balance between your blood and tissues. Then the water in your tissues passively moves to the location that is more concentrated, which is your blood.

The result: your tissues dehydrate and you feel dry and thirsty.

And more piss because there is more water in the blood.

Drinking a minimum 120 ounces of water daily is indeed on way to drop some fat and inches. You have to be careful though because you CAN drown yourself that way.

Did you hear of the case where a girl died of water intoxication after she drank a ton of water for a radio station contest?

Luckily, it is difficult to drink lethal doses of water unless you are consciously overriding your thirst mechanism that tells you to stop drinking.

I was at a club one night where a girl all fucked up on ecstasy died from overhyrdation.

i got to have the arch support..i should post a wet foot print....it is two sections...the ball and the heel...
i have a nordic track...it looks good....

So do I.. I have a few cutsey pairs of shoes with no arches.. I can wear those on my day off if I'm not doing much, but I can't work a lousy 8-hour day in them; I'm done for after about 4.

(I think we hijacked David's thread...Sorry... :redface: )

I was at a club one night where a girl all fucked up on ecstasy died from overhyrdation.

Was it confirmed overhydration? Or could it have been hyperthermia?

Was it confirmed overhydration? Or could it have been hyperthermia?

Hmmm ... I'm not sure ... They cleared the club out when it happened and it wasn't confirmed at the time nor did I follow up on it. I think we all just assumed that it was all the water she was pounding away. It's a shame, really.

She was at a club, fucked up on X, and was drinking water all night? How odd...

She was at a club, fucked up on X, and was drinking water all night? How odd...

lol ...

You've got to monitor yourself. If you aren't capable then you should either not take the rolls or hang out with someone who can keep a proper eye one you.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that if you can't handle the shit then don't take it.

Wow. Thank you all so much for this great advice. I'm going to do a little bit of walking today and then I'm going to have a new asshole ripped, so after that I can come back and respond to everything individually. Wish me luck. :(

Wow. Thank you all so much for this great advice. I'm going to do a little bit of walking today and then I'm going to have a new asshole ripped, so after that I can come back and respond to everything individually. Wish me luck. :(

Good luck, yo.

So? You going to melt?

Simple math: To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you take in. A simple but VERY effective adjustment is to limit your intake of fat and sugars, including sodas. Drink water.

Limit or do away with processed, junk and/or fast foods. If you're a beef guy, limit your intake of red meat to once or twice a week. Replace it with chicken or fish.

Don't fry your food. Broil or grill your meat.

To lose weight, you should be getting all your energy from complex carbohydrates -- stuff like oatmeal, potatoes, rice. You should take in just enough protein to maintain your muscular strength. Limit your intake of fats and sugars as much as possible.

Don't do anything drastic. For one, it is temporary and the rebound effect usually leaves you in worse condition than when you started. Starvation diets don't really work anyway. You will lose weight, yes, but you lose as much muscle as you do fat. Once your body decides it's not being fed, it will protect the fat and burn your muscles up instead.

Don't make excuses. "It's raining" is an excuse. You can run in the rain. You can buy a jump rope and move the furniture long enough to work out. Running and swimming are the two most effective ways to lose weight and get into good cardiovascular shape, IMO.

Whatever you do, it starts with getting off your ass and taking action. Plan on taking the long road and set intermediate goals you can achieve. Don't start out trying to immediately reach your ultimate goal or you will become discouraged and most likely quit.

I'm not the only gym rat on this forum. Ask questions. If you are seriously looking for help and wish to discuss the issue in a serious manner, I can keep the peanut gallery out of it.

See!!!! That's why ya gotta love the Gunny. No nonsense, right to the point and hits his reply right outta the park. Let me get down off of Gunnies leg for a moment and add a couple of tips. WATER...yes the ol H2O. I am also struggling with a hereditary body style..big boned and a gut that pooches out of nowhere. I started drinking about two gallons of water every day about two months ago and guess what?? I have lost about twenty pounds and about five inches on the waste line. No kidding. Still much work to do. I thought about the swimming but Christ those kids piss and shit in public pools and who knows what dribbles out of the orifices of those old incontinent fucks. Ok I guess it was only one tip. Don't kill me gunny the water thing really works and I ain't no member of no peanut gallery.

Water actually made it worse or sometimes even caused it. I think I can count on my hands a day where I've drank so much water it's caused the burning. I drink maybe a couple of glasses a water each day only because of this. Water, though, is in everything you eat. So when I eat chicken, there's water in there.

By the way if any of you are ever in Williamsburg, Brooklyn... Peter's Since 1978 - roitisseree chicken. It's not only cheap, but the chicken itself is amazing. It's juicier than an 18 year old hottie on the Lacross team with DD's. They offer two huge side portions of pretty much any comofort food you can think of. Mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potaoes, okra, spinach and garlic... you name it.

Man stay on point. Chrisssssacks!!! Didn't you learn a goddddamn thing from Gunny???

AN!!!!!! stop with the food descriptions....its not helping.

OK I forgot to tell ya that I pop two 150 mg Zantacs a day...spaced apart of cource. Heatburn??? you don't know shit about heartburn. Jumpin Jesus Christ I get the reflux that feels like hot lead being poured down the throat.

Anyway what the fuck you worried about... weight or throat cancer? Take some friggin Zantac and chug the water..It freakin works ..I swear it.

handle x? what kinda idiot are you? handle x? it eats fucking holes in your brain?

I agree.

Some drugs, like alcohol and marijuana, can be used with the word "handle". These substances are generally not lethal at normal doses.

Other drugs, ecstasy, heroin, cocaine, LSD...they can kill you with your first dose.

See!!!! That's why ya gotta love the Gunny. No nonsense, right to the point and hits his reply right outta the park. Let me get down off of Gunnies leg for a moment and add a couple of tips. WATER...yes the ol H2O. I am also struggling with a hereditary body style..big boned and a gut that pooches out of nowhere. I started drinking about two gallons of water every day about two months ago and guess what?? I have lost about twenty pounds and about five inches on the waste line. No kidding. Still much work to do. I thought about the swimming but Christ those kids piss and shit in public pools and who knows what dribbles out of the orifices of those old incontinent fucks. Ok I guess it was only one tip. Don't kill me gunny the water thing really works and I ain't no member of no peanut gallery.

Water actually made it worse or sometimes even caused it. I think I can count on my hands a day where I've drank so much water it's caused the burning. I drink maybe a couple of glasses a water each day only because of this. Water, though, is in everything you eat. So when I eat chicken, there's water in there.

By the way if any of you are ever in Williamsburg, Brooklyn... Peter's Since 1978 - roitisseree chicken. It's not only cheap, but the chicken itself is amazing. It's juicier than an 18 year old hottie on the Lacross team with DD's. They offer two huge side portions of pretty much any comofort food you can think of. Mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potaoes, okra, spinach and garlic... you name it.

Man stay on point. Chrisssssacks!!! Didn't you learn a goddddamn thing from Gunny???

AN!!!!!! stop with the food descriptions....its not helping.

OK I forgot to tell ya that I pop two 150 mg Zantacs a day...spaced apart of cource. Heatburn??? you don't know shit about heartburn. Jumpin Jesus Christ I get the reflux that feels like hot lead being poured down the throat.

Anyway what the fuck you worried about... weight or throat cancer? Take some friggin Zantac and chug the water..It freakin works ..I swear it.

Sounds like you could use something to calm your shit down.

alright get ready to hate me...

i have never had heartburn...i have no concept of what yall are talking about...i do know it can be hard on a person....

sounds like diet changes are needed more than pills...ever consider that

handle x? what kinda idiot are you? handle x? it eats fucking holes in your brain?

USATODAY.com - Ecstasy can damage brain

Party Drug ‘Ecstasy’ Damages Human Brain - HealthJockey.com

watch ingesting human made chemicals....1...you never know what some crack head puts in x or anything else... 2...you never know where costs were cut in production....

try to limit your recreation drugs to those you trust....

Slow your roll, bones (no pun intended).

I'm not an X-head. I did it a few times in the 90's, loved the high, hated the comedown.

Some raves have stations set up to test your pills and I got no problem with experimentation with designer drugs. Just like everything moderation is the key.

Forum List

Back