Darwin vs DNA

Yes, that describes vivid imagination of the ID crowd, which lacks the "data to support" their vivid imaginations.

You don't think that saying one group of organisms could evolve in to a destinctly new group of organisms isn't a vivid imagination and lacks data to support such a view ? That life spontaneously started with no guidance ?

Intelligent Design is just as credible as the theory of macro evolution. The both sides see the same evidence just possess different presuppositions and that is why the evidence is interpreted differently.

In all my years of school and when I worked in the field I saw the evidence and most of the theory they develop for evolution has nothing but conjecture holding it together.
i can prove to you that evolution exists: I used to eat meat but my thinking EVOLVED towards a healthier lifestyle and now I'm a vegetarian. See how easy that was?
ID has no proof of intelligence designing anything, it's all pure speculation.

Of course we can grow wiser as we age but that does not point to evolution. That is merely changing a point of view.

If you had a better understanding of the formation of a cell and what is found in the cell so a cell could form and then reproduce itself ,you would understand the evidence for ID.

ID is a philosophy not a critical science. ID postulates premises, ipso facto, then develops them incorporating whatever evidence may be available. ID cannot scientifically test its conclusions in a controlled environment. That is why ID is not science.

ID belongs in the high school and university philosophy/liberal arts/humanities programs, and in those settings, the field has much to offer the scholar and student both.

Humans are made up of indiscernible things.
False. If you had ever studied biology, you would know that is not true.
We have every reason to believe that is false.
You are still stuttering and mumbling about whether that bible claims clay or dust... or both.
Hot springs are found in the ocean depths. Nothing in the verses you cut and pasted identifies thermal vents.
The verse is
"Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?"

Nothing in the above speaks to thermal vents.

Submarine springs are not at all unusual. They occur all over the world and are visible to the naked eye or at times, at low ocean tides.

Submarine springs offer preview of ocean acidification effects on coral reefs

Submarine springs offer preview of ocean acidification effects on coral reefs - UC Santa Cruz
Moving on, lets have your next "miracle".
I gave you a list just this morning that cointained 101 examples.
You substantiated not a single one.
What makes up a human Hollie ?
What do we find in the dirt Hollie that proves the bibles point Hollie ?
The bible describes springs at the bottom of the ocean just because it does use the scientific verbage used today means nothing as I pointed out to you. Do you understand what recesses are ?

We have pictures of springs 35,000 feet deep what do you think God was refering to when he questioned Job ?

"Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?"
By springs, my interpretation is that they're talking about rivers that feed the sea and possibly the beginnings of those rivers, which sometimes are springs.

Anyways, hot spring baths were already known throughout the area, so it's not like they didn't know that water could come out of the earth. So either way dude, you're screwed. :eek:

ID is a philosophy not a critical science. ID postulates premises, ipso facto, then develops them incorporating whatever evidence may be available. ID cannot scientifically test its conclusions in a controlled environment. That is why ID is not science.

ID belongs in the high school and university philosophy/liberal arts/humanities programs, and in those settings, the field has much to offer the scholar and student both.

Ipso facto my butt. ID is what scientists study.
God curls up dimensions. Scientists find them.
God says the earth is round, and there it is.
God said life is in the blood, and there it is. DNA. < Your "ID card" :eusa_angel:

Humans are made up of indiscernible things.

You are still stuttering and mumbling about whether that bible claims clay or dust... or both.

Hot springs are found in the ocean depths. Nothing in the verses you cut and pasted identifies thermal vents.

The verse is:

Submarine springs are not at all unusual. They occur all over the world and are visible to the naked eye or at times, at low ocean tides.

Submarine springs offer preview of ocean acidification effects on coral reefs - UC Santa Cruz

I gave you a list just this morning that cointained 101 examples.

I've found no scientific literature that defines humankind as being made of dirt.

Many of the basic elements that are found in humans are also found in applesand oranges. Are you suggesting that humankind is made of fruit?

The bible describes springs at the bottom of the ocean just because it does use the scientific verbage used today means nothing as I pointed out to you. Do you understand what recesses are ?

We have pictures of springs 35,000 feet deep what do you think God was refering to when he questioned Job ?

The bible describes no such thing as "springs at the bottom of the ocean". You have refused to define for us where this description exists. You have now taken your usual tactic of creatively re-writing the bible in a desperate attempt to support a totally unsupportable position.

God said life is in the blood, and there it is. DNA. < Your "ID card" :eusa_angel:

It's silly to suggest that scientists are studying gods and the supernatural.

Son, you can't redefine or redesign science, its purpose, and its methodology.

If this is the best you can do . . .

The verse is

By springs, my interpretation is that they're talking about rivers that feed the sea and possibly the beginnings of those rivers, which sometimes are springs.

Anyways, hot spring baths were already known throughout the area, so it's not like they didn't know that water could come out of the earth. So either way dude, you're screwed. :eek:

You left out have you searched the oceans depths,now how do you spin that or how bout the valleys on the ocean floors.

You think man knew what was on the ocean floors at the time of the writing of the scriptures ?

The verse is:

I've found no scientific literature that defines humankind as being made of dirt.

Many of the basic elements that are found in humans are also found in applesand oranges. Are you suggesting that humankind is made of fruit?

The bible describes no such thing as "springs at the bottom of the ocean". You have refused to define for us where this description exists. You have now taken your usual tactic of creatively re-writing the bible in a desperate attempt to support a totally unsupportable position.

You can easily find out what elements are found in the human body that is also found in the dirt of the earth don't spin it.

Job 38:16
Have you entered into the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses (valleys) of the deep?

Genesis 7:11
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month -- on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened

Genesis 8:1-2
But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky.

Proverbs 8:27-28
I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep

What is meant by the foutains of the deep ?

You left out have you searched the oceans depths,now how do you spin that or how bout the valleys on the ocean floors.

You think man knew what was on the ocean floors at the time of the writing of the scriptures ?
You left out the parts of the bible that you are re-writing as you go along?

There is no "miracle" in the verse you posted and further, the verse is suggesting a metaphor.

It's fine by me if you want to selectively edit and rewrite the bible. Just be aware that the printed version contradicts your edits.

They are studying Gods work.

You left out the parts of the bible that you are re-writing as you go along?

There is no "miracle" in the verse you posted and further, the verse is suggesting a metaphor.

It's fine by me if you want to selectively edit and rewrite the bible. Just be aware that the printed version contradicts your edits.

Can you reason hollie from what you read ?

Valleys on the ocean floor? Sheesh man, it's not complicated, they look at the surrounding hills and valleys and can infer that the land just goes into the water and as they walk into it, it gets deeper as they go, so in big bodies of water there must be valleys... Why, what were you expecting them to think was there?

You can easily find out what elements are found in the human body that is also found in the dirt of the earth don't spin it.

Have you entered into the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses (valleys) of the deep?

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month -- on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened

But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky.

I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep

Fountains of the deep is simply a metaphor for the filling of the oceans. Simple, really.

As a bible literalist, you will accept tales and fables as a literal rendering of human / geologic history in spite of the absurdities. You don’t quite get that same message from the Illiad, do you? It's intended as a fictional retelling, and few people debate its relative accuracy.

In your and my opinion, but we can't quantify it.

Your word is not evidence,

Your word is not proof.

It is merely your word.

They are studying Gods work.

Valleys on the ocean floor? Sheesh man, it's not complicated, they look at the surrounding hills and valleys and can infer that the land just goes into the water and as they walk into it, it gets deeper as they go, so in big bodies of water there must be valleys... Why, what were you expecting them to think was there?

Really,there are parts of the ocean that are 35,000 feet deep. To put it into perspective you could saw off mt everest and drop it to the bottom of the ocean and there would be over a mile of water covering it.

Why would you infer valleys ? because most of the ocean floor is smooth.

Fountains of the deep is simply a metaphor for the filling of the oceans. Simple, really.

As a bible literalist, you will accept tales and fables as a literal rendering of human / geologic history in spite of the absurdities. You don’t quite get that same message from the Illiad, do you? It's intended as a fictional retelling, and few people debate its relative accuracy.

Fables fall under the category of evolution.

fa·ble (fbl)
n.
1. A usually short narrative making an edifying or cautionary point and often employing as characters animals that speak and act like humans.
2. A story about legendary persons and exploits.
3. A falsehood; a lie.

Forum List

Back