Darrel Issa: his shit does stink

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Darrell Issa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military career and personal life

Issa dropped out of high school, and on his 17th birthday he enlisted for three years in the Army.[5][6] He became an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) technician, trained to defuse bombs, having been inspired by a movie about such soldiers during World War II. He claimed his unit provided security for President Richard Nixon, sweeping stadiums for bombs prior to games in the 1971 World Series, and that he received the highest approval ratings during his service.[7] However, a 1998 investigation by the San Francisco Examiner found these claims were not true, since Nixon had not attended any of that year's World Series games. The investigation also discovered that Issa was actually transferred to a supply depot after he received an unsatisfactory evaluation. According to Issa, the Examiner reporter had misunderstood an anecdote he had related.[5] A fellow soldier, Jay Bergey, claimed that Issa stole his Dodge Charger in 1971, when they were serving together. The day after he confronted Issa, the car was found abandoned on a nearby expressway. Asked about this in 2011, Issa denied it and suggested it was possible that other soldiers stole the car or that Bergey, who he claims had a drinking problem, had abandoned it himself while intoxicated."[5]

After receiving a hardship discharge in 1972, following his father's heart attack, Issa earned his General Educational Development (GED) certificate and began taking classes at Siena Heights University, a small Catholic college in Adrian, Michigan. He continued his military service by joining in the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)."[5] Twice that year he was arrested. In the first incident he was indicted by a grand jury for an alleged theft of a Maserati, but prosecutors dropped the charge shortly thereafter.[8] In the second incident, he was stopped for driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and a police officer noticed a firearm in his glove compartment. Issa was charged with carrying a concealed weapon; he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of possession of an unregistered firearm, and was sentenced to six months' probation and a small fine.[5][8] Issa has said he believes the record has since been expunged.[5]

Issa graduated and was commissioned as a second lieutenant. He served in a non-combat administrative capacity from 1976 to 1980.[9][10] In September 1980, while deployed with the 1/77th Armor at Fort Ord, he received high marks on a routine evaluation. Lt. Col. Wesley Clark stated, "This officer's performance far exceeded that of any other reserve officer who has worked in the battalion." The standardized report also stated that Issa had "unlimited potential" with a note to "promote ahead of [his] contemporaries."[5]

Last edited:
  • Banned
I give him points for Clarke liking him, Clarke is a good man

• Banned
Business career

After leaving the military, Issa and his second wife, Kathy Stanton, moved back to the Cleveland area, pooled their savings, sold their cars and borrowed $50,000 from his family to invest in Quantum Enterprises, an electronics manufacturer run by a friend from Cleveland Heights that assembled bug zappers, CB radio parts and other consumer products for other companies. One of those clients, car alarm manufacturer Steal Stopper, would become the path to Issa's fortune. It was struggling badly, and he took control of it by foreclosing a $60,000 loan he had made to it when its founder, Joey Adkins, missed a payment. Adkins remained as an employee.[5]

Issa soon turned Steal Stopper around, to the point that it was supplying Ford with thousands of car alarms and negotiating a similar deal with Toyota. But early in the morning of September 7, 1982, the offices and factory of Quantum and Steal Stopper in the Cleveland suburb of Maple Heights, caught fire. The fire took three hours to put out; the buildings and almost all inventory within were destroyed.[5]

Pretty weird stopping OTHERS from stealling cars made him rich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Issa

Last edited:
His crimes inspired him in his business.

does that mean he gets to write his crimes off as a deduction?

Wesley Clarke was/is a complete fucking asshole. I knew him when he was at NATO (never at the office).

He had a nickname - what in the hell did we used to call him.

In any event, those who worked for him - hell, even those he didn't, hated that little fucker,.

Ahhhh, can't defend the mounting evidence of a conspiracy and cover up so just go after the people trying to get to the truth.

It thought truth matters to some, guess it's all smoke and mirrors, just like this thread.

How about you tell us about Holder, he's been lying since Clinton appointed him assistant AG. He lives by it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, just like his boss.

During his February testimonies before the House Government Reform Committee and Senate Judiciary Committee, Holder argued his phone call was not intended as a formal Justice Department blessing of the pardon, saying, "my interaction with the White House, I did not view as a recommendation. because I didn't have the ability to look at all the materials that had been vetted through the way we normally vet materials."[16] He also did not believe his opinion would be interpreted as a go-ahead for the pardon. "What I said to the White House counsel ultimately was that I was neutral on this because I didn't have a factual basis to make a determination as to whether or not Mr. Quinn's contentions were in fact accurate, whether or not there had been a change in the law, a change in the applicable Justice Department regulations, and whether or not that was something that would justify the extraordinary grant of a pardon."[17] An investigation led by House Government Reform Committee chairman Dan Burton concluded in a 2003 report covering 177 Clinton pardons that Holder had played a significant role in facilitating the Rich pardon, first by recommending the well-connected Jack Quinn to Rich's legal representatives, by failing to fully inform prosecutors of the pending pardon, and by eventually delivering a "neutral leaning favorable" opinion to Clinton from a position of authority.[18] Holder has expressed some regret over his handling of the Rich pardon, stating "I wish I had done some things differently with regard to the Marc Rich matter. Specifically, I wish that I had ensured that the Department of Justice was more fully informed and involved in this pardon process", and called his own actions a "mistake".
Eric Holder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well Since Obama's cabinet doesnt pay their taxes and now they pulled the race card. Holder is so owned. It's now about voter suppression? Damn those ID cards.....so hard for minorities to get, do they ever get tired of throwing shit and hope it sticks?

Carney said they need to find out about Fast and Furious, LOLOLOLOL but wont turn over any documents.

Clarke is a fucking meathead. If he were a "good man" he'da sent a batallion into DC within 24 hours of the approval of the Patriot" ACT".
He's a brainwashed piece of shit with a flag blocking reality.

For once I agree with you. All that asswipe did at NATO was play golf, attend receptions, and piss people off. I'll be damned if I can remember what we used to call him.

Little Hitler, or Little something... damn it. I don't remember.

Deflection.jpg

Forum List

Back