Boycott Old Navy for banning Army Vet from their Store

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Army veteran kicked out of Old Navy

Vet's story goes viral on Facebook

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

An Army veteran's story of how he got kicked out of an Old Navy store has gone viral on Facebook and across the Internet.

Aaron Bennett says he was at the Old Navy location in Orange Park when he saw an employee wearing a dark green Marine Corps dress jacket.
"Had rank on the side, couple rows or ribbons and a weapons badge," Bennett said.

In addition to being a veteran, Bennett comes from a military family and knows that the United States Code makes it illegal "to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal."

Bennett said he told the store manager and was then approached by a deputy and mall security, who told him he was banned from the store.

The story of Bennett's incident was posted on the Stolen Valor website, a site dedicated to making sure the American military uniform is honored. Bennett said he was trying to do just that when he got kicked out.

"It's disgraceful, men have worked hard trying to earn that uniform and have died wearing that uniform," Bennett said

video also at the same link

Army veteran kicked out of Old Navy | News - Home

Old Navy has got my last dollar. I won't buy from them again!

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

An Army veteran's story of how he got kicked out of an Old Navy store has gone viral on Facebook and across the Internet.

Aaron Bennett says he was at the Old Navy location in Orange Park when he saw an employee wearing a dark green Marine Corps dress jacket.
"Had rank on the side, couple rows or ribbons and a weapons badge," Bennett said.

In addition to being a veteran, Bennett comes from a military family and knows that the United States Code makes it illegal "to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal."

Bennett said he told the store manager and was then approached by a deputy and mall security, who told him he was banned from the store.

The story of Bennett's incident was posted on the Stolen Valor website, a site dedicated to making sure the American military uniform is honored. Bennett said he was trying to do just that when he got kicked out.

"It's disgraceful, men have worked hard trying to earn that uniform and have died wearing that uniform," Bennett said

This sounds as if it might be only part of the story.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

This sounds as if it might be only part of the story.

It always is with libs.

No problem. Old Navy doesn't have a thing worth buying anyway. It's all junk from China.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

A guy gets banned from a store for telling a store manager something? Color me sceptical. He was right about the uniform tho......but I seriously doubt he's banned for just telling the manager about it.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

Why would you buy from them in the first place, it's a store for young trendy types.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

A guy gets banned from a store for telling a store manager something? Color me sceptical. He was right about the uniform tho......but I seriously doubt he's banned for just telling the manager about it.

Old Navy hasn't denied it.

I will boycott Old Navy. That will be easy since I have never shopped there anyway.

If you can also find reasons for why I am boycotting Marshalls, Vanity Fair, Avon, and K-Mart, I'd appreciate it. I also boycott Cosmopolitan, The National Enquirer, People, and World Net Daily.

I confess to occasionally reading Weekly World News. I just can't get enough of Bat Boy!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm wait and see on this Willow. I could care less about Old Navy, but if they did it for those reasons, then that manager needs to be shown the door, pronto.

"Bennett said he told the store manager and was then approached by a deputy and mall security, who told him he was banned from the store."

From telling the store manager about this to being banned. And you don't question that nothing is missing in between there?

I will boycott Old Navy. That will be easy since I have never shopped there anyway.

If you can also find reasons for why I am boycotting Marshalls, Vanity Fair, Avon, and K-Mart, I'd appreciate it.

Those are all easy: Marshall's is expensive yuppie crap; I don't even know what Vanity Fair sells; Avon is anti-hunting, their stuff stinks, and I'm not that much into make-up; and we don't have K-Mart in Alaska any more.

If you can also find reasons for why I am boycotting Marshalls, Vanity Fair, Avon, and K-Mart, I'd appreciate it. I also boycott Cosmopolitan, The National Enquirer, People, and World Net Daily.

I confess to occasionally reading Weekly World News. I just can't get enough of Bat Boy!

liar ...liar...weekly world news has been out of print for a long time..

but i love me some bat boy.....

I never shop at Old Navy anyway. All my pants are 5.11, Tru-Spec, and a few pairs of jeans.

Forum List

Back