Danger: NOT Politically Correct!!!

For some years now, I have been reading various essays by a culture warrior by the name of Bill Lind. I don't always agree with him on every subject, but this thread reminded me of an essay on political correctness written more than a decade ago. It didn't garner much attention then. But it is thought provoking and I think merits some attention. The ideological brainwashed and cognitively challenged probably won't even bother to read it as it is fairly lengthly and scholarly.

I just found it again.

Excerpted:

Where does all this stuff that you’ve heard about this morning – the victim feminism, the gay rights movement, the invented statistics, the rewritten history, the lies, the demands, all the rest of it – where does it come from? For the first time in our history, Americans have to be fearful of what they say, of what they write, and of what they think. They have to be afraid of using the wrong word, a word denounced as offensive or insensitive, or racist, sexist, or homophobic. , , ,

. . . .If we look at it analytically, if we look at it historically, we quickly find out exactly what it is. Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I. If we compare the basic tenets of Political Correctness with classical Marxism the parallels are very obvious. . . .

. . . .In conclusion, America today is in the throes of the greatest and direst transformation in its history. We are becoming an ideological state, a country with an official state ideology enforced by the power of the state. In “hate crimes” we now have people serving jail sentences for political thoughts. And the Congress is now moving to expand that category ever further. Affirmative action is part of it. The terror against anyone who dissents from Political Correctness on campus is part of it. It’s exactly what we have seen happen in Russia, in Germany, in Italy, in China, and now it’s coming here. And we don’t recognize it because we call it Political Correctness and laugh it off. My message today is that it’s not funny, it’s here, it’s growing and it will eventually destroy, as it seeks to destroy, everything that we have ever defined as our freedom and our culture.

The Origins of Political Correctness

Right. Because not calling black people n*ggers is just like Marxism. Or Nazism. Or something equally retarded.

Sometimes I wonder how you people find your way out of bed in the morning.

Because they will be around longer and consequently pay more?
So I enabled you to provide evidence by your own :)

Do I have to? I wouldn't even know where to start. As I said before, I WONDER if fat people and cigarette smokers cost more in the long run than people who live longer and squeeze money from government in the last five to ten years. I haven't a clue. Just posing a question. It doesn't really matter with Obamacare though. As we see the middle class get taxed more and PRVATE medical records a thing of the past and the IRS growing in size and scope and all the things Obama said weren't going to happen... happening. Then all vegans, carnivores, smokers, people who aren't as sexy as smokers (boring vanilla non smokers if you will), all have something in common now! The government owns us! I hope plantation life is fun! Dibs on the master's wife!

Last edited:
"A visiting NYU business professor is on thin ice after tweeting that fat students lack the willpower to complete a doctoral dissertation.

Geoffrey F. Miller, a visiting associate professor of evolutionary psychology on leave from the University of New Mexico, made the statement late Sunday.

“Dear obese PhD applicants: If you didn’t have the willpower to stop eating carbs, you won’t have the willpower to do a dissertation,” he wrote — driving home the discriminatory point by adding “#truth.”

“That’s a shocking statement. A person’s body says nothing about their academic skills or integrity,” said Megan Davis, a grad student at NYU’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development. “I don’t think he should be invited back as a guest lecturer.”
Visiting NYU lecturer makes waves with offensive Tweet about fat people - NYPOST.com

I disagree with Professor Miller. I believe obese applicants will have the willpower to do a dissertation as long as they have plenty of snacks to eat while working on it. :lol:

For some years now, I have been reading various essays by a culture warrior by the name of Bill Lind. I don't always agree with him on every subject, but this thread reminded me of an essay on political correctness written more than a decade ago. It didn't garner much attention then. But it is thought provoking and I think merits some attention. The ideological brainwashed and cognitively challenged probably won't even bother to read it as it is fairly lengthly and scholarly.

I just found it again.

Excerpted:

Where does all this stuff that you’ve heard about this morning – the victim feminism, the gay rights movement, the invented statistics, the rewritten history, the lies, the demands, all the rest of it – where does it come from? For the first time in our history, Americans have to be fearful of what they say, of what they write, and of what they think. They have to be afraid of using the wrong word, a word denounced as offensive or insensitive, or racist, sexist, or homophobic. , , ,

. . . .If we look at it analytically, if we look at it historically, we quickly find out exactly what it is. Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I. If we compare the basic tenets of Political Correctness with classical Marxism the parallels are very obvious. . . .

. . . .In conclusion, America today is in the throes of the greatest and direst transformation in its history. We are becoming an ideological state, a country with an official state ideology enforced by the power of the state. In “hate crimes” we now have people serving jail sentences for political thoughts. And the Congress is now moving to expand that category ever further. Affirmative action is part of it. The terror against anyone who dissents from Political Correctness on campus is part of it. It’s exactly what we have seen happen in Russia, in Germany, in Italy, in China, and now it’s coming here. And we don’t recognize it because we call it Political Correctness and laugh it off. My message today is that it’s not funny, it’s here, it’s growing and it will eventually destroy, as it seeks to destroy, everything that we have ever defined as our freedom and our culture.

Okay, then, so what is it that's wrong with attacking women for their feminine qualities, which you were lamenting earlier. For being women? What if I don't like women? Why shouldn't I be able to criticize them that way? Why can't I be free?

Last edited:

I just found it again.

Excerpted:

Okay, then, so what is it that's wrong with attacking women for their feminine qualities, which you were lamenting earlier. For being women? What if I don't like women? Why shouldn't I be able to criticize them that way? Why can't I be free?

Now that's funny. PC for me but not for thee. :thup:

I just found it again.

Excerpted:

Hey I am the number one opponent of political correctness in the USA. Any time somebody's career, livelihood, reputation, or opportunities are put up as a target to be destroyed because he or she used the 'wrong' word, the 'wrong' phase, or the 'wrong' position or side on something, I will push back on that every single time no matter who he or she is. When a person's personal beliefs or vocabulary have absolutely no bearing on the job he or she will do, those should be off limits for discussion.

But I will also stand up for civility, compassion, and rail against pure hatred and malicious garbage heaped upon people and will personally resent when they are ridiculed and are cruelly attacked for how they look or how they choose to live their lives. I have little respect for those who go out of their way to insult, belittle, or try to hurt people just because they don't like them or don't like their poliics or lifestyle or physical characteristics. That has nothing to do with political correctness. It has everything to do with common decency and civility.

And as a woman, I particularly resent the double standard applied to women who will be attacked and ridiculed and maligned in ways that would never be applied to a man. That also has nothing to do with poliical correctness and everything to do with common decency, civility, and fair play.

Last edited:

I just found it again.

Excerpted:

Hey I am the number one opponent of political correctness in the USA. Any time somebody's career, livelihood, reputation, or opportunities are put up as a target to be destroyed because he or she used the 'wrong' word, the 'wrong' phase, or the 'wrong' position or side on something, I will push back on that every single time no matter who he or she is. When a person's personal beliefs or vocabulary have absolutely no bearing on the job he or she will do, those should be off limits for discussion.

But I will also stand up for civility, compassion, and rail against pure hatred and malicious garbage heaped upon people and will personally resent when they are ridiculed and are cruelly attacked for how they look or how they choose to live their lives. I have little respect for those who go out of their way to insult, belittle, or try to hurt people just because they don't like them or don't like their poliics or lifestyle or physical characteristics. That has nothing to do with political correctness. It has everything to do with common decency and civility.

And as a woman, I particularly resent the double standard applied to women who will be attacked and ridiculed and maligned in ways that would never be applied to a man. That also has nothing to do with poliical correctness and everything to do with common decency, civility, and fair play.

So, you only advocate political correctness when lots and lots of people agree in their negative assessment of someone and it appears that they are ganging up on the person? Is that it? Only then should we try to enforce poltiical correctness, but not just for the incidental remark here and there?

What you call insulting, belittling or "trying to hurt" someone, other people would just call "criticizing" them.

What's wrong with criticizing someone for their lifestyle? Say I don't like people whose lifestyle includes having sex with small children. Why shouldn't I be able to speak out about that, and even be rather blunt about it. Oh, that's okay, you say?

So is it just that you want to decide when it is okay and when it is not?

Regarding the women who you say are attacked, ridiculed and maligned in ways that would never be applied to a man, could it be it's really because those particular women are ridiculous? Nobody ever treated Condoleeza Rice that way, just to name one example. Not that I recall, anyway. That's because she was a class act. Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman...not.

I agree with you that sometimes the public gets pretty cruel and hateful, and sometimes I cringe. Sometimes I take the side of the person they're maligning. But sometimes I also recognize that the person they're targeting...kind of asked for it.

Last edited:

I just found it again.

Excerpted:

You're still just saying that PC is okay when you agree with it but not when you don't.

So, you only advocate political correctness when lots and lots of people agree in their negative assessment of someone and it appears that they are ganging up on the person? Is that it? Only then should we try to enforce poltiical correctness, but not just for the incidental remark here and there?

What you call insulting, belittling or "trying to hurt" someone, other people would just call "criticizing" them.

What's wrong with criticizing someone for their lifestyle? Say I don't like people whose lifestyle includes having sex with small children. Why shouldn't I be able to speak out about that, and even be rather blunt about it. Oh, that's okay, you say?

So is it just that you want to decide when it is okay and when it is not?

Regarding the women who you say are attacked, ridiculed and maligned in ways that would never be applied to a man, could it be it's really because those particular women are ridiculous? Nobody ever treated Condoleeza Rice that way, just to name one example. Not that I recall, anyway. That's because she was a class act. Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman...not.

I agree with you that sometimes the public gets pretty cruel and hateful, and sometimes I cringe. Sometimes I take the side of the person they're maligning. But sometimes I also recognize that the person they're targeting...kind of asked for it.

If that is the way you interpret my post, well that's the way you interpret it. I expect little else from some and will just leave it to those with good reading comprehension to come to their own conclusions. If you do not know the difference between political correctness and just pure evil, hateful sexist, racist characterizations of people, I doubt anything I would say would convince you of that difference.

I can recall a LOT of scorn, ridicule, and cruel characterizations made of Condoleeza Rice and a lot of it, maybe most of it, had nothing whatsoever to do with her role as Security Advisor or Secretary of State. Most of that is still out there on the internet for anybody who wants to look.

Forum List

Back