Dan Fogelberg Dead at 56

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Singer Dan Fogelberg dies at age 56
Musician was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer three years ago

NEW YORK - Dan Fogelberg, the singer and songwriter whose hits “Leader of the Band” and “Same Old Lang Syne” helped define the soft-rock era, died Sunday at his home in Maine after battling prostate cancer. He was 56.

His death was announced Sunday in a statement by Anna Loynes of the Solters & Digney public relations agency, and was also posted on the singer’s Web site.

“Dan left us this morning at 6:00 a.m. He fought a brave battle with cancer and died peacefully at home in Maine with his wife Jean at his side,” it read. “His strength, dignity and grace in the face of the daunting challenges of this disease were an inspiration to all who knew him.”

MORE

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22287199/

Originally posted by eots
man those where some crappy songs

LOL

dude, the guy was even more boring than Bob Dylan singing songs to make drunk beggars sleep. :lol:

Dan Fogelberg suffers a nasty early death from prostate cancer and what is the compassionate ergots remark? His songs were "crappy." Thanks for that typically insightful ergots observation. And what does Jose's Bob Dylan remark demonstrate other than his complete ignorance of the history of contemporary music. When Dylan electrified folk music at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival he changed music forever. Dylan accomplished more in two hours than someone like Jose could in a hundred lifetimes.

Apparently there are some with low or no class in this thread, sorry domino.

Dan Fogelberg suffers a nasty early death from prostate cancer and what is the compassionate ergots remark? His songs were "crappy." Thanks for that typically insightful ergots observation. And what does Jose's Bob Dylan remark demonstrate other than his complete ignorance of the history of contemporary music. When Dylan electrified folk music at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival he changed music forever. Dylan accomplished more in two hours than someone like Jose could in a hundred lifetimes.

OK fine then ill lie.....GOSH......Danny was more to me than just a brilliant writer and huge influence , no to me he was more that he was A life changing inspiration .as a young man I will never forget the first time I heard the leader of the band on the radio and I said to myself yes !thats what I will be the leader of the band ! if not for Danny never would of wasted my youth living in a smelly bus in a orgy of free woman, free pizza and free beer...for those about to die...we salute you ....bro

but now yer leadin the band in soft rock and roll heaven dude!..say "high"
TO JOHN DENVER FOR ME ...SEE YA ON THE FLIP-SIDE

I'm not sure why you felt the need to piss all over the thread anyway. Don't think I said I was a huge fan. But a person died and I thought it deserved recognition.

You're a nasty little thing. *shrug*

I'm not sure why you felt the need to piss all over the thread anyway. Don't think I said I was a huge fan. But a person died and I thought it deserved recognition.

Poverty Facts and Stats - Global IssuesAccording to UNICEF, 30000 children die each day due to poverty. ... Number in poverty: 1 billion (every second child); Shelter, safe water and health ...
www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Facts.asp - 43k

its just the whole cult of personality thing , so some guy in his 50s died
it happens everyday and worse, but because he had a crappy AM hit once upon a time...I an supposed to pretend in matters to me

Originally posted by jillian

You're referring to eots but anyway...

I was so glad to find someone who shared my opinion on Fogelberg's music that I ignored the fact that the thread was announcing his death.

I regret having posted message number 3.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafGvoiUhtQ[/ame]

very nice actually

"I thank you for the music
And your stories of the road
I thank you for the freedom when it came my time to go --
I thank you for the kindness
And the times when you got tough
And, papa, I don't think I
Said 'I love you' near enough --"

Forum List

Back