"Damn" that Atlantic Ocean.....

That remark was the source of a good couple minutes worth of laughter a lunch today, mainly because it's such a insipid statement. We concluded that it was a shame none of us is an elementary school teacher for were one of us, he could find out whether 10 year-olds could think of something more thoughtful to say about helping Puerto Rico/Ricans.

He's musing on the difficulties involved. Can you get more anal? Trump has said far more than this one statement idiot.
Whatever....how does the army get supplies to people in remote locations?

marine-watches-as-a-us-army-chinook-helicopter-lifts-off-with-slings-picture-id56526654

CH-47-Chinook-helicopter-220.preview.jpg

pakistani-soldier-escapes-the-downdraft-from-a-us-army-chinook-to-picture-id56526370

hires_090215-A-2927M-120a.jpg

If Trump were determined to get men and supplies into Puerto Rico, the Atlantic Ocean need not be a problem. Doing so is a matter of will, not wherewithal.

160603123645-airdrop-humanitarian-exlarge-169.jpg

160603123552-airdrop-aircraft-exlarge-169.jpg

The U.S. has used that method since at least the Korean War....You remember, back when America was great.

55441e70d2212bd9193318475bd9bca8.jpg
I do think some of you are laying too much blame on Trump for the terrible predicament in Puerto Rico, because of your intense dislike of everything he says and does.
Yes, the military can send in supplies that way, but part of the problem in Puerto Rico has been that with coms out, they haven't until very recently KNOWN what the needs were because they couldn't reach them either physically or by radio. And they still can't, some places. They aren't going to start willy-nilly air dropping supplies all over PR in hopes someone needs them.
A congresswoman speaking on behalf of PR was on PBS Newshour last night asking that the military take over the operations and get things coordinated, besides bringing in their better equipment. I don't know if that's happening.
I will say that the media is doing what it should this time by bringing the problems to light; it is certainly strengthening the response. Puerto Rico is in trouble. People on the ground there are making it known that the response is not meeting the need, for whatever reasons. I don't think it's because Trump doesn't like PR's. I think it's because this has just been a really bad situation and it's really hard to get all the help in there as quickly as they could to our hurricane sites on the mainland, where you can drive quite close to the affected areas. Losing coms, power and then the fuel to run the generators has been a nightmare 123 punch.

Reports are clean water is a vital need. Ships should have been sent out, again however, DoD advises the President and we do not know what that advice has been.
my local news said there are like 15 navy ships bringing in supplies and they even had a reporter right there watching them unload....

Yes, I thanked TD for reminding me, we may be doing all we can, Trump misspoke. But with inland travel hurt badly, it will take many drops.

That remark was the source of a good couple minutes worth of laughter a lunch today, mainly because it's such a insipid statement. We concluded that it was a shame none of us is an elementary school teacher for were one of us, he could find out whether 10 year-olds could think of something more thoughtful to say about helping Puerto Rico/Ricans.

He's musing on the difficulties involved. Can you get more anal? Trump has said far more than this one statement idiot.

marine-watches-as-a-us-army-chinook-helicopter-lifts-off-with-slings-picture-id56526654

pakistani-soldier-escapes-the-downdraft-from-a-us-army-chinook-to-picture-id56526370

If Trump were determined to get men and supplies into Puerto Rico, the Atlantic Ocean need not be a problem. Doing so is a matter of will, not wherewithal.

The U.S. has used that method since at least the Korean War....You remember, back when America was great.

I do think some of you are laying too much blame on Trump for the terrible predicament in Puerto Rico, because of your intense dislike of everything he says and does.
Yes, the military can send in supplies that way, but part of the problem in Puerto Rico has been that with coms out, they haven't until very recently KNOWN what the needs were because they couldn't reach them either physically or by radio. And they still can't, some places. They aren't going to start willy-nilly air dropping supplies all over PR in hopes someone needs them.
A congresswoman speaking on behalf of PR was on PBS Newshour last night asking that the military take over the operations and get things coordinated, besides bringing in their better equipment. I don't know if that's happening.
I will say that the media is doing what it should this time by bringing the problems to light; it is certainly strengthening the response. Puerto Rico is in trouble. People on the ground there are making it known that the response is not meeting the need, for whatever reasons. I don't think it's because Trump doesn't like PR's. I think it's because this has just been a really bad situation and it's really hard to get all the help in there as quickly as they could to our hurricane sites on the mainland, where you can drive quite close to the affected areas. Losing coms, power and then the fuel to run the generators has been a nightmare 123 punch.

Reports are clean water is a vital need. Ships should have been sent out, again however, DoD advises the President and we do not know what that advice has been.
my local news said there are like 15 navy ships bringing in supplies and they even had a reporter right there watching them unload....

These guys are just desparate to get a hit on Trump....he handled Texas and Florida Flawlessly, and they think they have a chance here to lie about Trump, and call him a racist......Puerto Rico was screwed by their own government before the hurricane, and their location isn't helping in the relief effort. Everything that can be done is being done.....

The whole island has no electricity. Everything is vitally needed.

Water first.

These guys are just desparate to get a hit on Trump....he handled Texas and Florida Flawlessly, and they think they have a chance here to lie about Trump, and call him a racist......Puerto Rico was screwed by their own government before the hurricane, and their location isn't helping in the relief effort. Everything that can be done is being done.....
Your posts have saved me a lot of time. Thank you! :)

Cripes you left wing wankers are unreal. Stop insulting the rescue and relief working teams.

"The U.S. Coast Guard is operating nine cutters in the vicinity of Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands, bringing helicopter SAR support, while teams from CBP are operating two P-3 maritime patrol aircraft to assist in communications, a wide-area search, and distress signal monitoring capabilities. An additional five flight deck-equipped cutters, five patrol boats, four rotary wing, and one fixed wing aircraft are moving to the vicinity of U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico to further support search and rescue efforts.

While US&R teams continue targeted sweeps of the affected areas, teams from the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) and Bureau of Land Management are providing security and force protection to rescuers.

Department of Defense support includes helicopter SAR flights, damage assessment flights, beach assessments, and patient evacuation flights flown from the amphibious ships USS Kearsarge and USS Oak Hill and Marines embarked from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit."

Federal Response Teams Assisting in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands | FEMA.gov
Stop insulting the rescue and relief working teams.

False dilemma.

Nobody is criticizing the men and women on the ground helping. I'm sure they are doing the best they can with what they've got.

The criticism is that the management and leadership of relief efforts have thus far been perfunctorily commenced. It seems as though there's simply no sense of urgency.
And to top it off, we have Trump trying put lipstick on the pig that is the slow arrival of aid and supplies, talking about what a great job we're doing.

By most on-the-ground accounts, Trump's Administration did a good job helping in Houston after Harvey and in FL after Irma. I would expect to hear the same positive reports from Puerto Ricans, and yet that isn't what we're hearing.

Yes, I thanked TD for reminding me, we may be doing all we can, Trump misspoke. But with inland travel hurt badly, it will take many drops.
also according to my local news they also have ships going to the US Virgin Islands....

No one was hesitant to order help for Puerto Rico. Help started pouring in the second the hurricane permitted it.

Democrats lie. It's what they do. They lie and lie. You can't prove that they are lying. They will ignore it. Then when the public gives up and lets them wallow, the liars maintain that they were telling the truth.

Here are Trump's statements on why he's a bit "hesitant" to help out the American citizens in Puerto Rico.....

"It's very tough because it's an island...an island sitting in the middle of an ocean — and it's a big ocean. It's a very big ocean." “This isn’t like Florida...This is a thing called the Atlantic Ocean. This is tough stuff.”

Perhaps someone should tell Trump that we have the U.S. Navy to overcome that "terrible" setback called an ocean (or perhaps someone should tell Trump that Puerto Rico is really in the Caribbean, and not in the middle of that ocean.)

Anyway, expect soon for Trump to blame Obama for leaving him with that huge problem called the Atlantic Ocean (which tends to not always be "pacific?")

The orange clown is, once again, showing the symptoms of the dreaded onset of dementia.
I heard that statement last night and smh. But he was explaining to his base, not making excuses. LOL

He was trying to explain "island" to democrats who believe that it is possible to drive to Hawaii.

Here again, given Trump's less than stellar standing among Latinos, you'd think given that it's Puerto Rico that got clobbered, Trump would have, if only for political purposes, been "all over" making sure the people of PR got "taken care of" at least as well as the people of Texas and Florida.

The reason one'd think that is that basic human nature is such that people, all people, will give someone a second chance if that person "steps up" and does right by them, makes sure to exceed expectations, in their hours of greatest need.

PR's disaster was Trump's opportunity to rebuild the bridge with the Latino community in the U.S. Instead of taking that "bull by the horns," he squandered an opportunity that (1) a better one he nor anyone else could have engineered and (2) that literally fell into his lap. Handled correctly, "Maria-PR" could have played an instrumental role in helping him overcome his problem of being seen as "Latino-Hater in Chief," "Racist in Chief" and "Divider in Chief."

If he looked at a map, he'd see that Florida is a peninsula sticking out into the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.

Here are Trump's statements on why he's a bit "hesitant" to help out the American citizens in Puerto Rico.....

"It's very tough because it's an island...an island sitting in the middle of an ocean — and it's a big ocean. It's a very big ocean." “This isn’t like Florida...This is a thing called the Atlantic Ocean. This is tough stuff.”

Perhaps someone should tell Trump that we have the U.S. Navy to overcome that "terrible" setback called an ocean (or perhaps someone should tell Trump that Puerto Rico is really in the Caribbean, and not in the middle of that ocean.)

Anyway, expect soon for Trump to blame Obama for leaving him with that huge problem called the Atlantic Ocean (which tends to not always be "pacific?")

The orange clown is, once again, showing the symptoms of the dreaded onset of dementia.

View attachment 151677

I have no idea what you're talking about....and I don't really care. I just like the graphic.

He's having Mike Pence and Mike Huckabee search through the bible, there is mention of the Egyptians who had 'boats' and could 'cross the water' but it is technology lost to the ages. Hopefully the lord will bless Huckabee and present an answer.

.i don't know why, but I feel embarrassed for this moron. ^^^

It's very tough because it's an island...an island sitting in the middle of an ocean — and it's a big ocean. It's a very big ocean." “This isn’t like Florida...This is a thing called the Atlantic Ocean. This is tough stuff.”

597845-G-OAK85-545.jpg

The U.S. has used that method since at least the Korean War....You remember, back when America was great.​

Can these helicopters fly 2000 miles round trip from Miami?

It's very tough because it's an island...an island sitting in the middle of an ocean — and it's a big ocean. It's a very big ocean." “This isn’t like Florida...This is a thing called the Atlantic Ocean. This is tough stuff.”

597845-G-OAK85-545.jpg

The U.S. has used that method since at least the Korean War....You remember, back when America was great.​

Can these helicopters fly 2000 miles round trip from Miami?

Why would they need to? Hurricanes do not sneak up on countries. Maria most certainly didn't.

General Scenario Model
One sees hurricane coming, and thinks, "Oh this could be quite bad, and, hmmm...it's an island, so we'll need a ship." That much figured out one acts:
  1. Load a freighter with the most basic of things -- water, MREs, meds, rescue equipment, maybe some generators and fuel -- that might be needed.in the immediate aftermath of the 'cane."
  2. Send the freighter to safe open waters a day or so distant from the island.
  3. Have the boat captain coordinate with weather people so the boat arrives offshore within an hour or so of the hurricane leaving.
  4. Helicopter carried aboard the freighter ferries supplies and personnel onto the island.
  5. Launch small beach-capable boats carrying rescue personnel and supplies from the freighter.
Obviously there are other planning approaches and more details that can be added, but the scenario model above should be enough for the "average bear" to get the gist of why a helicopter wouldn't need to fly 2000 miles from FL. It remains to be seen whether it's enough for the "average guy" to get it.

maxresdefault.jpg

3-Kam.TIbridge-07-01-09-ca.jpg

main-qimg-1655c268dd9e9dc84bdf30a1063a2f4e-c

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

I heard that statement last night and smh. But he was explaining to his base, not making excuses. LOL

Forgot your smart pills again....eh ?

Forum List

Back