Damn flu shot.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Got it just a bit over a week ago and now I am coming down with a sore throat. Unless it is my left ear. Or both. I have felt icky ever since the shot. Arm finally quit hurting but now I keep getting little things that appear for a day, then go away only for another prob to happen, goes away, then yet another ache somewhere. The shot I got was 4 flu viruses in one. Maybe this sore throat is the 4th. Who knows. It just sucks.

However, I will probably do it again next year.

btw...this is the second ever shot I ever got.

With honey! Been doing that. Might hafta start gargling with salt water too. I hope it goes away tomorrow and its the end of the crap that has been hitting me since the shot.

With honey! Been doing that. Might hafta start gargling with salt water too. I hope it goes away tomorrow and its the end of the crap that has been hitting me since the shot.

You probably contracted the flu going out for your flu shot !!! It's dangerous out there. You might get some symptoms if exposed to real flu -- but just think how much easier it is this way..

I get pestered every year by my doctor and family to get a flu shot.

I've never had the shot and never had the flu.

So I'm not going to jinx myself by getting the shot and risk coming down with the flu.. ...... :cool:

the least shots the best

and that's all I will say .

if you can avoid all the shots and vaccines the better for you.

Flu shots save lives. Lots of them. And they protect infants who are too young for them.

far too much autism....

far too much cancer

I do not like vaccines.

I trust my pharmacist more than I do my Doc! And the pharmacist is the one that poked me with it. I asked if it was REALLY needed and he said "I know your history. I know your health situation. YES. You need it". So I said...ok.

Like Sunni, I've never had a flu shot and never had the flu. I've encouraged my wife and kids to not get the shot and they've never had the flu either. I question the merits of the shot, maybe for at risk groups it is helpful.

My left arm was in severe pain for 2 days and I felt kind of crappie for 2 more days.

Got it just a bit over a week ago and now I am coming down with a sore throat. Unless it is my left ear. Or both. I have felt icky ever since the shot. Arm finally quit hurting but now I keep getting little things that appear for a day, then go away only for another prob to happen, goes away, then yet another ache somewhere. The shot I got was 4 flu viruses in one. Maybe this sore throat is the 4th. Who knows. It just sucks.

However, I will probably do it again next year.

btw...this is the second ever shot I ever got.
I never get the flu shot...refuse to do it and I don't get the flu.

I had my first flu shot ever a month or so ago for a job at the hospital. The only side effect I had was the area kind of sore the next day. Other than that, no ill effects. I was probably just sore because I had blood drawn, a flu shot, and a TB skin test all on the same day, so both of my arms were pretty sore the next day.

"Oh this shot made me sick! But I'm gonna' get it again next year!" WTF?

Do you ever read the insert that comes with these shots?

Flu_Pandemic « Socio-Economics History Blog

Most people handle the shots just fine with minimum side effects. The health care industry has determined that the benefits far outweigh the risks when it comes to vaccinations. If vaccinations were so bad, way more people would be getting sick and dying from them. However, that is actually QUITE rare.

Yeah Yeah ! C'mon over and get Tamiflu for the symptoms. And Tylenol !!!
Hetre's an opiate for the shits and Doxylamine to help you rest ? Would you like something stronger for the pain ? How about stress relief ?
quack-dr-duck_400x400.jpg

Making Flu Shots mandatory for ANY REASON violates Informed Consent. Doesnt matter WHAT California Governor Moonbeam signs. Please read:

Informed Consent, Policy & Guidance | HHS.gov

Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) | HHS.gov
The regulations prohibit waiving or appearing to waive any legal rights of subjects. Therefore, for example, consent language must be carefully selected that deals with what the institution is voluntarily willing to do under circumstances, such as providing for compensation beyond the provision of immediate or therapeutic intervention in response to a research-related injury. In short, subjects should not be given the impression that they have agreed to and are without recourse to seek satisfaction beyond the institution's voluntarily chosen limits.

Forum List

Back