Damn Democrat Dog

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlzuQfTwUk]YouTube - Baily Beagle "Plays Dead" On National TV[/ame]

Pretty funny. I raised and bred beagles for 16 years. One of my favorites was a beagle named Chester. I taught him to roll over on his back and stick his paws up in the air whenever I asked him the question, "Chester, what happens if you go in the road?" When I did that he would instantly go into the trick. He was actually keying on the word "road". You could have said, "Let's eat the road." and he would do the same thing. It was a funny trick and he was the life of the parties. A handsome lad, too. Like all good dogs, he got old and eventually died of old age.

We adopted a little lady beagle, her name is Grace. She is different from any other dog I have ever had. She is taking some getting used to. So slow, so sad looking, so lazy.. It takes her a week to get out the door to pee. I think she has been abused.

My friend has a beagle in her rescue who's hysterical - she came from a likely neglectful situation and knows she has it good now. No way is Edith going to go OUTSIDE in BAD weather...she has to be carried out to the end of the yard in hopes that by the time she wanders back to the door she'll have done her business. She's an old lady...she deserves a life of comfort :)

My friend has a beagle in her rescue who's hysterical - she came from a likely neglectful situation and knows she has it good now. No way is Edith going to go OUTSIDE in BAD weather...she has to be carried out to the end of the yard in hopes that by the time she wanders back to the door she'll have done her business. She's an old lady...she deserves a life of comfort :)

:lol::lol::lol: yep, when Grace decides she ain't going we have to pick her up and carry her.

:lol::lol::lol: yep, when Grace decides she ain't going we have to pick her up and carry her.

Wonder if she's related? :lol:

Edith takes forever outside (most of it spent at the doorway waiting to come back in) and then - when she comes in she gets these scootie attacks and rips around the room a couple of times acting like a yahoo. That of course - is her exercise for the day. She is then exhausted and has to nap until dinner (which she never misses) :)

Edith takes forever outside (most of it spent at the doorway waiting to come back in) and then - when she comes in she gets these scootie attacks and rips around the room a couple of times acting like a yahoo. That of course - is her exercise for the day. She is then exhausted and has to nap until dinner (which she never misses) :)

yes, but you said Edith was old,, Grace is 18 months or so the Vet estimates.

yes, but you said Edith was old,, Grace is 18 months or so the Vet estimates.

Grace must believe in the min-max solution....minimum effort, maximum results (look pathetic and get carried?) - it works! :D

We actually aren't too sure of Edith's age - more then 8, less than 13...probably from one of the many many backyard beagle breeders in my state.

Forum List

Back