DA Candidate: 'Holocaust' Exaggerated

dilloduck said:
To use a abomination like that for personal gain??? Most definately!

So it's better to torture, experiment on, steal from and murder six million people?

Who are these politicians who use the Holocaust for personal gain? I'm not as au fait with US politics as I should be and would appreciate your in-put here?

Please don't quote me Elie Wiesel - the man has every right to talk about the loss of his friends and family, whole village and community, his own incarceration and miraculous escape.

The man lost everything except his life. And it was his job as chair of the Holocaust Committee to talk about the Shoah.

Kathianne said:
Yes. I've no doubt.

Note that I am not questioning the validity of the Holocaust. Nor do I have any phobias of Jews, as a people or individuals.

I just don't find it too far-fetched that they would exaggerate the totals for the purpose of PR. Do the total numbers claimed by Jews include ALL holocaust victims, or just Jews? Slavs, gypsies, blacks, people suffering from mental illness all were victims of Hitler's "Final Solution."

I'm not comparing their numbers to the total number of Jewish vitcims either. Just wondering if Jews are including their numbers to pump up the tally.

HopeandGlory said:
More disgusting than the Holocaust itself?

You are assigning values to crimes. Of course the Holocaust was by far the more severe crime, just as slavery in the US was by far the more severe crime.

Does that lessen the profiteering of opportunists who use the Holocaust as a war club? IMO, no.

HopeandGlory said:
Please don't quote me Elie Wiesel - the man has every right to talk about the loss of his friends and family, whole village and community, his own incarceration and miraculous escape.

The man lost everything except his life. And it was his job as chair of the Holocaust Committee to talk about the Shoah.

Ummmmmmmmm....I don't know if you're responding to me, but I was being facetious when I raised Elie Weisel. I'm on your side on this issue. ;)

I'd love to see who they think the "holocaust opportunists" were/are.

jillian said:
Ummmmmmmmm....I don't know if you're responding to me, but I was being facetious when I raised Elie Weisel. I'm on your side on this issue. ;)

How come the only holocaust that is remebered is the one inflicted by the Nazis?

jillian said:

So you are saying that Jews are above the rest of us "mere mortals" and none of them have profitted from the misery of others?

GunnyL said:
Note that I am not questioning the validity of the Holocaust. Nor do I have any phobias of Jews, as a people or individuals.

I just don't find it too far-fetched that they would exaggerate the totals for the purpose of PR. Do the total numbers claimed by Jews include ALL holocaust victims, or just Jews? Slavs, gypsies, blacks, people suffering from mental illness all were victims of Hitler's "Final Solution."

I'm not comparing their numbers to the total number of Jewish vitcims either. Just wondering if Jews are including their numbers to pump up the tally.

Nope, they don't. The Nazi's murdered an estimated 10 million overall - 6 million of whom were Jews. The rest were Gypsies, Slavs, Poles, those deemed mentally and physically undesirable - including deaf people, children with learning deficiencies, homosexuals, communists, some devout Christians who had the courage to oppose them, and in-fact, anyone who spoke out against the evil of their regime.

No PR here. The 6 million refers to Jewish victims alone.

jillian said:

No - not refering to you at all! :) But to one of the previous posters.

Was just as curious as you are to know who these politicians and opportunists are . . .

HopeandGlory said:
Nope, they don't. The Nazi's murdered an estimated 10 million overall - 6 million of whom were Jews. The rest were Gypsies, Slavs, Poles, those deemed mentally and physically undesirable - including deaf people, children with learning deficiencies, homosexuals, communists, some devout Christians who had the courage to oppose them, and in-fact, anyone who spoke out against the evil of their regime.

Ya know Pale, I'm surprised and not that you were able to answer this. The context was a no answer correct problem. You did good, wish I had. Wish I could rep ya here.

GunnyL said:
You are assigning values to crimes. Of course the Holocaust was by far the more severe crime, just as slavery in the US was by far the more severe crime.

Does that lessen the profiteering of opportunists who use the Holocaust as a war club? IMO, no.

I agree with you - anyone using the Holocaust as a lever is disrespectful and ethically unsound. However, I DO assign values to crime - I can't help it. IMO - some crimes are unspeakably worse than others, the Shoah, the Armenian massacre by the Turks, a lot of what goes on in Africa today, the slavery issue, as you quite rightly say . . .

I'm always astounded but sadly, never surprised, by man's inhumanity to man! :confused:

HopeandGlory said:
I agree with you - anyone using the Holocaust as a lever is disrespectful and ethically unsound. However, I DO assign values to crime - I can't help it. IMO - some crimes are unspeakably worse than others, the Shoah, the Armenian massacre by the Turks, a lot of what goes on in Africa today, the slavery issue, as you quite rightly say . . .

I'm always astounded but sadly, never surprised, by man's inhumanity to man! :confused:

How did you manage to miss the biggest genocides of all?

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

HopeandGlory said:
Who are these politicians who use the Holocaust for personal gain?

Please say you're joking. The ENTIRE STATE OF ISRAEL and its OWN GENOCIDAL CAMPAIGN is based on WWII persecution of Jews.

William Joyce said:
Please say you're joking. The ENTIRE STATE OF ISRAEL and its OWN GENOCIDAL CAMPAIGN is based on WWII persecution of Jews.

In your opinion. Glad to say others don't agree with you.

HopeandGlory said:

Thank you for the clarification.

Forum List

Back