CVS to close 900 stores: Drugstore chain's store closings represent 10% of locations

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
CVS to close 900 stores: Drugstore chain's store closings represent 10% of locations

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

Thu, November 18, 2021, 10:19 AM·1 min read

CVS plans to close about 900 stores over the next three years, reflecting nearly 1 in 10 of its locations, as the drugstore chain continues its pivot away from retail and toward health care services.

The company announced Thursday that it would shutter 300 stores per year for the next three years.

"The company is committed to offering impacted colleagues roles in other locations or different opportunities as part of its overall workforce strategy," CVS said in a statement.

What a job the democrats are doing on behalf of ccp and the new world order. Don't think for one moment they aren't proud of themselves.

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

CVS plans to close about 900 stores over the next three years, reflecting nearly 1 in 10 of its locations, as the drugstore chain continues its pivot away from retail and toward health care services.

The company announced Thursday that it would shutter 300 stores per year for the next three years.

"The company is committed to offering impacted colleagues roles in other locations or different opportunities as part of its overall workforce strategy," CVS said in a statement.

What a job the democrats are doing on behalf of ccp and the new world order. Don't think for one moment they aren't proud of themselves.

Any direct reason stated? Are they a publicly traded company?

CVS won't be the only one closing doors.

The Feral government has been working feverishly for decades now to move America from a productive nation of workers to a begging nation dependent on handouts. (That only the mega wealthy will control)

What those living off the government handouts are clueless of is that once they kill off productivity, there will be no more freebies.
That day is approaching fast.

Those who currently hate America and cheer the damage the Left has brought to America will learn soon enough how utterly stupid they have been and that they've been chickens cheering for Colonel Sanders.

As always, Communists (and morons) think the fall of America is hilarious. Their knee jerk reaction is to laugh.

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

Love how you blame this on the drug store and not mail pharmacies that many insurance companies now force you to use.

It could not possibly have anything to do with the fact most people now get their reoccurring prescriptions via the mail instead of standing in line at a CVS/Walgreens

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

I have never been to a CVS so no loss.

CVS won't be the only one closing doors.

The Feral government has been working feverishly for decades now to move America from a productive nation of workers to a begging nation dependent on handouts. (That only the mega wealthy will control)

What those living off the government handouts are clueless of is that once they kill off productivity, there will be no more freebies.
That day is approaching fast.

Those who currently hate America and cheer the damage the Left has brought to America will learn soon enough how utterly stupid they have been and that they've been chickens cheering for Colonel Sanders.

As always, Communists think the fall of America is hilarious.
The market has changed these companies either learn to change or die off, nothing new.

Out of curiosity I'm wondering if the stores closing will be in primarily red or blue states, or a combo of both.

The market has changed these companies either learn to change or die off, nothing new.

Do you always give so little thought to your outbursts?

Of course the markets have changed. Fake pandemics and lockdowns, rioting and looting and hyper inflation compliments of you rabid leftists have changed the markets....for the worse.

Psssssssssst........

This is where you smile and say "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Love how you blame this on the drug store and not mail pharmacies that many insurance companies now force you to use.

It could not possibly have anything to do with the fact most people now get their reoccurring prescriptions via the mail instead of standing in line at a CVS/Walgreens
Stuck in a time warp (2016-2020)

Love how you believe, or try to make others believe, that filling prescriptions is all that CVS/Walgreens does.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

CVS and Walgreen's both offer prescriptions by mail, moron.

BULLSHIT (as always)
The pharmaceutical companies have done a great job of blocking Americans from going that route.

It could not possibly have anything to do with massive losses due to democrat policies making America Criminal again and Americans not
being able to easily brush off the higher prices typically at these establishments.

I KNOW you never attended FS because they would not have failed so miserably.

BULLSHIT (as always)
The pharmaceutical companies have done a great job of blocking Americans from going that route.

What the hell are you talking about? The insurance companies are forcing people to go mail order. For my son's insulin I have the choice of 50 dollars for a 3 month supply or 250 if I get it at the local store....hmmmm... which way did I choose to go?

I can get my inhaler for 25 bucks for 3 months or 175 for 3 months...hmmm again which route did I go?

Love how you believe, or try to make others believe, that filling prescriptions is all that CVS/Walgreens does.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Some years ago CVS opened many stores in individual towns and cities trying to grab market share. It didn't pan out. The other items they stock do not sell compared to other outlets that beat them on price.

Some years ago CVS opened many stores in individual towns and cities trying to grab market share. It didn't pan out. The other items they stock do not sell compared to other outlets that beat them on price.

The other things they sell are higher priced than the Walmart or local grocery store right next to them.

But the sheep have to blame it on the Dems, that is all they know how to do

What the hell are you talking about? The insurance companies are forcing people to go mail order. For my son's insulin I have the choice of 50 dollars for a 3 month supply or 250 if I get it at the local store....hmmmm... which way did I choose to go?

I can get my inhaler for 25 bucks for 3 months or 175 for 3 months...hmmm again which route did I go?
CVS is pushing 3 month supply on prescriptions.

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

Nobody but CVS really cares if they are changing the direction of their business model.

I do not see what Democrats have to do with it. Sounds like an internal decision, to me.

Does this mean, Walgreens will be the undisputed king of drugstore chains, now?

This is more likely related to people shifting there pharmacy shopping to Walmart and Kroger or other food store chains that have enhanced their offerings for convenience and one-stop shopping. It is pretty hard to compete against those type business models for variety of offerings and shopping convenience. It is kind of like how Lowes, Home Depot and to an extent Walmart have put most local hardware stores out of the market, as has been happening for twenty-something years. Times change and business models will change with them or go away.

CVS is pushing 3 month supply on prescriptions.

Our insurance company keeps dropping pharmacies from their network to make us use even more mail order. They dropped CVS 3 years ago and WalMart this year.

Forum List

Back