Current QB talent

you mean before Daboll left?
I think it had more to do with the elbow. In the beginning of the year, under Dorsey, Allen looked like the MVP and the bills were big favorites to win it all.

I think it had more to do with the elbow. In the beginning of the year, under Dorsey, Allen looked like the MVP and the bills were big favorites to win it all.
I guess. The schedule was a little weak. Rams, Titans, Steelers Packers. Lost to Miami, Jets Minny. Beat Ravens and Chiefs.

I guess. The schedule was a little weak. Rams, Titans, Steelers Packers. Lost to Miami, Jets Minny. Beat Ravens and Chiefs.
Also Mahomes has better weapons and a better offensive line. The Bills always draft defense , and throw money at defense. The Von Miller signing after taking 2 defensive ends in the previous draft was just stupid. Buffalo needs to upgrade its offensive line and get Allen some weapons. All he has is Stephon Diggs and Dawson Knox. And me saying Dawson Knox is being generous. Things got so bad for us we had to bring John Brown and Cole Beasley out of retirement.

Also Mahomes has better weapons and a better offensive line. The Bills always draft defense , and throw money at defense. The Von Miller signing after taking 2 defensive ends in the previous draft was just stupid. Buffalo needs to upgrade its offensive line and get Allen some weapons. All he has is Stephon Diggs and Dawson Knox. And me saying Dawson Knox is being generous. Things got so bad for us we had to bring John Brown and Cole Beasley out of retirement.

Mahomes doesnt even have a #1 WR. The WR corps in KC is a bunch of #3's. JuJu can be a 2 if you have a good #1 I guess. His RB was a 7th round pick. The only elite weapon he has is Kelce. Who are all these "weapons" Mahomes has?

Diggs is one of the best WR's in the league.

KC is set up to go on a run. They have 11 draft picks and had a ton of rookies starting and contributing for them this year. Add in that Mahomes' contract gets more and more team friendly as it ages and they are going to be a MF'er going forward. He will likely be the 5th-6th highest paid QB in the league this year.

KC was vulnerable this year. The fact that they won the SB doesnt bode well for everyone else.

Im a Steeler fan so KC being this good only keeps my team from even going to the SB. It's just the reality.

Mahomes doesnt even have a #1 WR. The WR corps in KC is a bunch of #3's. JuJu can be a 2 if you have a good #1 I guess. His RB was a 7th round pick. The only elite weapon he has is Kelce. Who are all these "weapons" Mahomes has?

Diggs is one of the best WR's in the league.

KC is set up to go on a run. They have 11 draft picks and had a ton of rookies starting and contributing for them this year. Add in that Mahomes' contract gets more and more team friendly as it ages and they are going to be a MF'er going forward. He will likely be the 5th-6th highest paid QB in the league this year.

KC was vulnerable this year. The fact that they won the SB doesnt bode well for everyone else.

Im a Steeler fan so KC being this good only keeps my team from even going to the SB. It's just the reality.
Isiah Pacheco, Mecole Hardman, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Travis Kelce. Those are better Weapons than what Allen has.

Isiah Pacheco, Mecole Hardman, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Travis Kelce. Those are better Weapons than what Allen has.
Pacheco is a 7th rd rookie.

The others besides Kelce are all castoffs from other teams. None of those guys is a 2 let alone a 1.

Apparently no one agrees with you on this one.

Apparently no one agrees with you on this one.
Crowder was injured for almost the whole season. And nobody had more drops than Gabe Davis. There’s no way in hell buffalo had the 8th best receiver core.

Crowder was injured for almost the whole season. And nobody had more drops than Gabe Davis. There’s no way in hell buffalo had the 8th best receiver core.

Take it up with the people writing the articles. They were better than KC even without Crowder. Half of the WR's who they listed in those articles for KC were injured. Hardman and Toney only played 8 games a piece. Sky Moore is a rookie. And lets be honest Buffalo is rated that high because of Diggs.

Take it up with the people writing the articles. They were better than KC even without Crowder. Half of the WR's who they listed in those articles for KC were injured. Hardman and Toney only played 8 games a piece. Sky Moore is a rookie. And lets be honest Buffalo is rated that high because of Diggs.
That’s my point. People think we have weapons just because of Diggs, and no matter how good he is, even Jerry Rice wasn’t good enough to be the only weapon on the team.

Rodgers is a year removed from back to back MVP seasons. He's still a top 10 QB.
He dealt with a broken bone in his throwing hand and cracked ribs this past season but when healthy is still in the top 3.

He dealt with a broken bone in his throwing hand and cracked ribs this past season but when healthy is still in the top 3.

He killed his team morale with on-field gestures, ranting on radio or MSM articles. He can never make up his mind, "I don't want to play, I am thinking on it, I don't want to go there, I don't want to stay here".....what is it you want more than $50Million for 1/2 year play?

Goes on crazy Peotye trips and now in a Dark tank for 48 hours? comes back even crazier.
There is more to QB than just throwing passes.

I used to agree with you...........but not anymore. He is now a full-blown mental case.

Is there more talent at the QB position currently than at any other time in NFL history? I think so.

I can't think of another point in NFL history when there was anywhere near is amount of talent in the league at the same time. And most of those guys are young and will be in the league for 10+ more years, so there's more talent coming...
The league has changed to support more offense (thank you gambling and fantasy) but i think some of these will be short lived because of their running tendencies:

Mahomes: He is a once in a generation talent, Unless he destroys his legs running.
Hurts: Major talent but runs too much
Jackson: Deeply flawed as a passer. His advantage is strong running in a league that defends the pass. Injuries will end him in <3 years
Allen: Again, runs too much. He'll be injured
Burrow: Behind Mahomes, he's the man.
Rodgers almost gone
Lawernce: Upgrades at wr could put him with Mahomes
Herbert: Hard to say.
Tua (if he can stay healthy) No. Great with tow top 5 receivers but...

I think some of these guys are going to have relatively short careers as running backs tend to do

Remember Tarkenton? Scrambling into his 40s. Successful because DL in the 60s and 70s were mostly just hogs.
But today? There are guys on DLs standing 6'5" weighing 300 pounds and running under 5 sec 40s.
Mobile is needed but a franchise qb running 12 times per game is an injury waiting to happen and when one of these is lost, the drop in talent is significant and, losing a qb making $50M to a career ending injury will destroy a team's ability to compete

Maybe. But he didn’t play like it this season. Also that list wasnt in any particular order

Forum List

Back