Current QB talent

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
Is there more talent at the QB position currently than at any other time in NFL history? I think so.

Mahomes
Hurts
Jackson
Allen
Burrow
Rodgers
Lawernce
Herbert
Tua (if he can stay healthy)

I can't think of another point in NFL history when there was anywhere near is amount of talent in the league at the same time. And most of those guys are young and will be in the league for 10+ more years, so there's more talent coming...

Drop Rodgers, But yea, there is a ton of QB talent now days, hopefully there is one more out there somewhere for the Colts.

Is this group better than the previous group of Brady, the Mannings, Brees, Kurt Warner, Big Ben, Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Rivers, Stafford?

Is there more talent at the QB position currently than at any other time in NFL history? I think so.

Mahomes
Hurts
Jackson
Allen
Burrow
Rodgers
Lawernce
Herbert

I can't think of another point in NFL history when there was anywhere near is amount of talent in the league at the same time. And most of those guys are young and will be in the league for 10+ more years, so there's more talent coming...
Its the woke Negro Football League

Who cares?

Mahomes
Hurts
Jackson
Allen
Burrow
Rodgers
Lawernce
Herbert

More to come

This years NFL Draft is stocked with good QBs

Mahomes
Hurts
Jackson
Allen
Burrow
Rodgers
Lawernce
Herbert

The QB talent isn't any better than any other time in the history. The game has changed. If the majority of these guys tried to play the game of the 70s and 80s, they wouldn't be there a quarter of the way through the season.

The QB talent isn't any better than any other time in the history. The game has changed. If the majority of these guys tried to play the game of the 70s and 80s, they wouldn't be there a quarter of the way through the season.

Why? They are bigger faster and stronger than the QB's playing then. Why would they be less competitive?

Todays QBs are much faster, stronger, mobile and have better arms

Why? They are bigger faster and stronger than the QB's playing then. Why would they be less competitive?
It is clear you never watched games during the era I mentioned. That's OK, next year when the NFL goes to flag football, maybe you'll understand. Comparing the QB protections of today's game to what was in place in the 70s and 80's is comical. The game was MUCH more physical during those years.

It is clear you never watched games during the era I mentioned. That's OK, next year when the NFL goes to flag football, maybe you'll understand. Comparing the QB protections of today's game to what was in place in the 70s and 80's is comical. The game was MUCH more physical during those years.

Not even close
Todays NFL Linemen are bigger, faster and stronger

You're crazy. Neither DL or even LB's would have been able to keep up with these guys. They would run circles around them. They outrun modern LBs. Lamar Jackson would make defenses from the 70's look like they were playing in concrete shoes.

You're crazy. Neither DL or even LB's would have been able to keep up with these guys. They would run circles around them. They outrun modern LBs. Lamar Jackson would make defenses from the 70's look like they were playing in concrete shoes.
But one of the Jack Tatum hits on Mahomes and he wouldn't play for half a season.

Just one hit from the likes of Lester Hayes, Ronnie Lott, Mean Joe Greene, Lawrence Taylor etc and these guys would be sidelined. There are so many QB protections in place today that you can't even compare the games. I haven't had much respect for the NFL since the bullshit "in the grasp" rule was tried. The unnecessary roughness penalties are a joke. Enjoy your flag football. I have better things to do with my time.

Forum List

Back