Current event ????

Alpha1

NAVY
Jun 3, 2007
Why do postings in the Current Events forum get moved to other places....

What the hell are Current Events if not what is showing up in the newspapers and news programs TODAY....ALMOST everything posted there IS A CURRENT EVENT to me....yet it gets moved....:eusa_wall:

So, define a current event so I know what can be posted there....

Well there are 10 posts moved from the current events forum right now...though I didn't post any.....
I believe it would be beneficial to all of us, in general to explain what constitutes a current event that might remain in that forum.....an explanation to me alone doesn't help those 10 posters
It seems I am only one of many that don't get it....

Well there are 10 posts moved from the current events forum right now...though I didn't post any.....
I believe it would be beneficial to all of us, in general to explain what constitutes a current event that might remain in that forum.....an explanation to me alone doesn't help those 10 posters
It seems I am only one of many that don't get it....

You mean one of a few. Most members post threads in the forums/subforums in accordance with the topic. If there is a specific forum regarding the topic of a thread, it should be posted there. Not everyone is interested in weeding through a hodgepodge of topics to find something they might be interested in, all piled into one forum. Recurring topics have been given their own space.

Basically, any event that is current, ongoing, and there is not a subforum for it will remain in Current Events.

And as jillian said, if you have a question as to why a specific thread was moved, feel free to PM one of us.

OK gunny thankx,.....got it.....if it doesn't fit into a forum already set aside ...it goes in current events....

If you have questions about what's appropriate where, feel free to pm Gunny or me.

since this forum is titled "feedback", I've got an opinion on this.

There simply aren't enough posters here to justify 20 or 30 forums. This place is fairly dead, and I doubt there's more than a couple dozen posts on an average day. Even on big shot boards with hundreds of posters, I've rarely seen so many forums.

I think if you only have a couple dozen posts a day, it would be simpler to just have a handful of forums. It's kind of distracting to have this many forums. Just IMO.

There simply aren't enough posters here to justify 20 or 30 forums. This place is fairly dead, and I doubt there's more than a couple dozen posts on an average day. Even on big shot boards with hundreds of posters, I've rarely seen so many forums.

I think if you only have a couple dozen posts a day, it would be simpler to just have a handful of forums. It's kind of distracting to have this many forums. Just IMO.

You people that say this place is "dead" crack me up. What constitutes "alive"? And what do YOU do to make it that way? Regurgitating the same old extremist rhetoric as you do week after week, month after month is hardly going to attract anyone interested in actual intelligent debate.

It's YOUR board. YOU make it what it is or isn't.

this board is the best the core group of posters are such strongly defined characters they would be worthy of a series of bubble gum trading cards.".OK ill trade you a kathiane and a jillian for your gunnyl rookie card".....

If you have questions about what's appropriate where, feel free to pm Gunny or me.

Why keep that private? That's probably an issue that everyone on the board would need to see clarification on, don't you think?

Why keep that private? That's probably an issue that everyone on the board would need to see clarification on, don't you think?

It's already been clarified, I think. If there's a catagory for thread, it should go into that thread and not just dumped into "current events".

Any questions about moderator decisions, though, are to be directed via pm to Gunny or me.

I would think that as long as a topic is an event, and it's current, it should be posted in "current events" until it's not current anymore, in which case it should then be moved into it's appropriate sub-forum.

Why even have the current events forum? I mean, with all the sub-forums here, almost any current event topic could be placed in a sub-forum that already exists for it, instead.

Why not change the name of Current Events, to "Breaking News"? I think people assume a new story is a current event, and therefore put it into that forum, probably with justification.

I would think that as long as a topic is an event, and it's current, it should be posted in "current events" until it's not current anymore, in which case it should then be moved into it's appropriate sub-forum.

Why even have the current events forum? I mean, with all the sub-forums here, almost any current event topic could be placed in a sub-forum that already exists for it, instead.

Why not change the name of Current Events, to "Breaking News"? I think people assume a new story is a current event, and therefore put it into that forum, probably with justification.

You're arguing nitnoid stuff. What if I remove than forum and there is a current event that doesn't fit any other forum? Current Events is a catch-all, and that's what it's been used for historically.

I see no reason to play the literalism game with it now. Just how many subforums do you think we could have if each separate topic got one?

I will make note however that the header "Current Events" does not suit your taste.;)

uhhh...because the response to your PM will essentially be piss off if you don't like it...but it sounds more diplomatic to say it can be discussed in private

Don't even get yourself wound up. You know better than that. No one has been treated unfairly, nor told to piss off. If you ask for an explanation, I will be happy to give you or anyone else one. The fact that you do not agree with it is irrelevant to the fact that you at least get one.

Forum List

Back