"Culture of Evil"

And? This doesn't mean that the "religion made him do it"
Of course it does. Things can have more than one cause. i believe the mental efforts required to believe in religion can easily be taken to far. You can call this mental illness, if you like. I would agree, it is.

Yes, of course. Religious preoccupations can also be a sign of a mental illness, usually schizophrenia. However, this is not associated with pedophilia in any scientific data. Why don't you post some scientific data that shows religion as a CAUSE for pedophilia. I await with bated breath. :rolleyes-41:

I'm pretty sure that being a doctor for the Olympic gymnastics teams is what causes it.

Speaking of which, I hear that the Olympics also turned a deaf ear to this scandal.

Funny how money makes people turn their heads.

The Bible really is spot on, the root of all evil is the love of money.

Actually it does.
Insomuch as it says they may all have a natural predisposition to some degree, it doesn't actually even comment on that, other than to say new science shows this may be the case. But, even if they are all predisposed to some degree or another, nobody would DARE claim that nurture does not have effects, too (not just nature).

I don't really belief that religions promote a "culture of evil." While religion has its unintended consequences (especially when applied to the most ignorant people), it doesn't do any evil purposefully. I believe MOST religious people believe they are doing good and would never molest or harm any children.

And? This doesn't mean that the "religion made him do it"
Of course it does. Things can have more than one cause. i believe the mental efforts required to believe in religion can easily be taken to far. You can call this mental illness, if you like. I would agree, it is.

Yes, of course. Religious preoccupations can also be a sign of a mental illness, usually schizophrenia. However, this is not associated with pedophilia in any scientific data. Why don't you post some scientific data that shows religion as a CAUSE for pedophilia. I await with bated breath. :rolleyes-41:

I'm pretty sure that being a doctor for the Olympic gymnastics teams is what causes it.

Speaking of which, I hear that the Olympics also turned a deaf ear to this scandal.

Funny how money makes people turn their heads.

The Bible really is spot on, the root of all evil is the love of money.

Yeah. Thankfully these girls came forward about what was going on. Too bad some of them waited so long. They were probably embarrassed and ashamed though.

However, this is not associated with pedophilia in any scientific data.
A fair point, but i would still argue that it provides a sanctuary culture for offenders of all types, including pedophiles. Not intentionally so, necessarily, but in its deference to magical authority possessed by humans. the Shaman can do no wrong, so to speak.

However, this is not associated with pedophilia in any scientific data.
A fair point, but i would still argue that it provides a sanctuary culture for offenders of all types, including pedophiles. Not intentionally so, necessarily, but in its deference to magical authority possessed by humans. the Shaman can do no wrong, so to speak.

I'm not saying that things like covering up isn't intentional. That is definitely an intentional evil, greedy, selfish, self centered act. I would like to think that since being outed, this behavior of moving pedophile priests from one congregation to another has come to an end.

Actually it does.
Insomuch as it says they may all have a natural predisposition to some degree, it doesn't actually even comment on that, other than to say new science shows this may be the case. But, even if they are all predisposed to some degree or another, nobody would DARE claim that nurture does not have effects, too (not just nature).

Clearly you haven't read the DSM on pedophelia..

Onset
The DSM-5 notes that males with Pedophilic Disorder begin to feel sexual attraction toward children about the time of puberty (American Psychiatric Association, 2013a).

Pedophilic Disorder DSM-5 302.2 (F65.4) - Therapedia

The DSM-5 notes that males with Pedophilic Disorder begin to feel sexual attraction toward children about the time of puberty
Which does not contradict a word I said. And not all acting or urging pedophiles qualify for the diagnosis of "pedophilic disorder". You are wielding a surgeon's knife like a sledgehammer right now.

The DSM-5 notes that males with Pedophilic Disorder begin to feel sexual attraction toward children about the time of puberty
Which does not contradict a word I said. And not all acting or urging pedophiles qualify for the diagnosis of "pedophilic disorder". You are wielding a surgeon's knife like a sledgehammer right now.

Sure it does, you claimed that religion would turn someone into a pedophile. The DSM clearly states that the disorder presents at puberty. In other words the second the kid begins to even think about sex, they are drawn to children. That's why I said that the job is immaterial to the PERSON.

If you don't have a sexual attraction to children to begin with, chances are you are not going to be molesting them for ANY reason.

And you are spreading hyperbole by insinuating that religion causes pedophilic behavior. :rolleyes-41:

So, do you hold Muslim religion accountable for terrorism? Do the religious beliefs cause the terrorist acts/behaviors?

forced celibacy in itself is a sexual deviancy and has been perpetuated despite the consequences and is the primary contributive factor for the results that have occurred. the religion is without doubt culpable and guilty for the crimes committed due to their liturgy.

I mean, seriously, if we are going to start holding religious beliefs responsible for people's behaviors, well, the Muslim religion is looking PRETTY guilty right about now. What say you?

well, the Muslim religion is looking PRETTY guilty right about now. What say you?
Absolutely! That hot pile of garbage is a motherlode of bad ideas. Islam needs a reformation.

*GASP* A liberal who isn't going to claim that Islam is the "religion of peace?" Well, color me shocked! :ack-1:
fuck no... I wouldn't claim it about Christianity either, though. ;) Buddhism ... yes, i might say it about Buddhism. Taoism, perhaps.

well, the Muslim religion is looking PRETTY guilty right about now. What say you?
Absolutely! That hot pile of garbage is a motherlode of bad ideas. Islam needs a reformation.

Reformation? How do you reform the last prophet of God who was a warmonger and viewed women as second class citizens? Everything he did and said as viewed by Muslims as perfect in the eyes of God.

Forum List

Back