Cubs have an excellent chance of being the new Boston Red Sox donw the road

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
a damn,i noticed i made a spelling mistake in the thread title.lol

I was watching one of the Cubs games the other day when they were playing the Royals and while doing so I learned something I did not know before.

That the GM of the Cubs is the same guy who was the GM of the Red Sox and turned that organization around bringing them their first world world series championship in 86 years and winning 3 world series rings.

He has the Cubs headed in the right direction as well bringing them their first winning season in the last several years. What was especially thrilling for me to hear is that the media has been saying the cubs are following the same formula of the Royals in building a winning ballclub.

How sweet is that in the fact that the mainstream media are now referring to my Royals as the way to build a winning ballclub.:thup:

The Cubs have always been my favorite team in the NL so this is awesome.:banana:

Last edited:
The Cubs may have a good future.

They should try to get Greinke during the off season.

The Cubs may have a good future.

They should try to get Greinke during the off season.

Boy if they were able to pull that one off they would really be a force to be reckoned with next year.The dodgers have probably the best 1 2 punch in baseball with their staring lineup of Kershaw and Greinke. Can you imagine the Cubs having the 1 2 punch of Greinke and Lester? oh my.

Down the road? If we learned anything from Back To The Future 2, it's that the Cubs will be winning the World Series this season.

Down the road? If we learned anything from Back To The Future 2, it's that the Cubs will be winning the World Series this season.

wishful thinking.as much as i would love to see that happen you got to be realistic.they arent going to post their first winning season in years and go and win the world series that same year.

the Pirates turned things around a couple years ago after two decades of futility and they STILL have not made it to the world series yet.

The Cubs are playing good ball, yes. If they beat the Pirates, they face the Cards. If the cubbies can beat the bird, I will pay attention. My dodger blues can beat the Mets, but I don't know if it goes any farther than that. I want to see the Astros and Rangers play for the AL championiship.

The Cubs are playing good ball, yes. If they beat the Pirates, they face the Cards. If the cubbies can beat the bird, I will pay attention. My dodger blues can beat the Mets, but I don't know if it goes any farther than that. I want to see the Astros and Rangers play for the AL championiship.

yeah same here on the cubs game,wont surprise me if they beat the pirates but i wont take them serious as a world series contender unless they beat the Birds after that if they get past the Bucs.

yeah same here on the cubs game,wont surprise me if they beat the pirates but i wont take them serious as a world series contender unless they beat the Birds after that if they get past the Bucs.
Tanaka vs. McHugh. The NYY piticher is fragile and could get hurt. If the Astros speed and power come to play, they can win it easily. However, if Tanaka is lights on and can get to the 7th or 8th, the stros may be going home for the season.

Tanaka vs. McHugh. The NYY piticher is fragile and could get hurt. If the Astros speed and power come to play, they can win it easily. However, if Tanaka is lights on and can get to the 7th or 8th, the stros may be going home for the season.

I of course hope Tanaka gets lit up the fact I will never cheer for the yankees.However if they beat the stros,i dont care.My royals can handle them.

I of course hope Tanaka gets lit up the fact I will never cheer for the yankees.However if they beat the stros,i dont care.My royals can handle them.
Got to get the murderer's row of the Jays. Good heavens.

Just wondering Jake,you are like me,your favorite team in baseball is in a different city from your favorite team in football.I live in kc so the royals are obviously my favorite team.I sat through the gloom and doom years of them not winning being the divison champs for 30 years and having to wait that long with them being the joke of MLB baseball that long as well.

I have always supported them but i have NEVER liked the chiefs.the exception of when joe montana played for them so since i hated the chiefs so much,my football team was the LA RAMS and then the chargers became my new favorite after they left LA.

whats YOUR story? how come the dodgers are your favorite team in baseball but the cowboys are in football? you live in LA right?

Just wondering Jake,you are like me,your favorite team in baseball is in a different city from your favorite team in football.I live in kc so the royals are obviously my favorite team.I sat through the gloom and doom years of them not winning being the divison champs for 30 years and having to wait that long with them being the joke of MLB baseball that long as well.

I have always supported them but i have NEVER liked the chiefs.the exception of when joe montana played for them so since i hated the chiefs so much,my football team was the LA RAMS and then the chargers became my new favorite after they left LA.

whats YOUR story? how come the dodgers are your favorite team in baseball but the cowboys are in football? you live in LA right?
I was 9 years old when I went to my first MLB game. Sandy Koufax struck out 18 Giants. I was hooked. Have bled dodger blue for 56 years.

I was 9 years old when I went to my first MLB game. Sandy Koufax struck out 18 Giants. I was hooked. Have bled dodger blue for 56 years.

well if thats the case and your into football,how come you dont closely follow my Rams thread?you live right there in LA but your not obsessed with it like I am even though you have even a much better reason than I do to be so.

also more importantly,WHY are you a cowboys fan if you live in LA,did you never like the Rams while growing up or something? I hear you talk about how you bleed dodger blue all the time but i have never seen you show any interest in the LA Rams whatsoever.:wtf:

I would understand that if you wanted the raiders back but I know thats not the case at all.

well if thats the case and your into football,how come you dont closely follow my Rams thread?you live right there in LA but your not obsessed with it like I am even though you have even a much better reason than I do to be so.

also more importantly,WHY are you a cowboys fan if you live in LA,did you never like the Rams while growing up or something? I hear you talk about how you bleed dodger blue all the time but i have never seen you show any interest in the LA Rams whatsoever.:wtf:

I would understand that if you wanted the raiders back but I know thats not the case at all.
I have not lived in California for 45 years, at least, and when the Rams moved (a disaster in my opinion) that ended my interest. I still follow the Bruins and the Trojans fairly closely because they are in the PAC with Utah. I follow the Cowboys because I have lived in Tx and LA often and on since 1976. I don't care for the Longhorns or the Aggies, do like the Bears, despise the Horned Frogs because of the corruption of their upper class pretensions. I like the Jazz and Spurs. I like Altuve, Miguel Cabrerra (who would have had a lifetime batting average of .380 if he had played in the 1920s).

I have not lived in California for 45 years, at least, and when the Rams moved (a disaster in my opinion) that ended my interest. I still follow the Bruins and the Trojans fairly closely because they are in the PAC with Utah. I follow the Cowboys because I have lived in Tx and LA often and on since 1976. I don't care for the Longhorns or the Aggies, do like the Bears, despise the Horned Frogs because of the corruption of their upper class pretensions. I like the Jazz and Spurs. I like Altuve, Miguel Cabrerra (who would have had a lifetime batting average of .380 if he had played in the 1920s).

how many years were you in LA from 76?

None.

did you

None.

did you know the lady owner of the Rams at the time who moved them had her husband murdered so she could move the rams to st louis her hometown where she grew up as a showgirl?

Had her husband not been murdered by her and he was still alive,they would never have left and they would still be in LA right now.I would like to find her grave so i can go piss on it.she is burning in hell right now.

here check it out. this explains it all how evil she was.

Thunder Matt's Saloon: War Criminal: Georgia Frontiere

thank god she is dead now rotting in hell and no longer the owner anymore.:clap2::dance:

George did not have her husband murdered.
dude everyone who has looked into this knows she did.lol. read the link.

she was like a politician,very powerful and had special connections which is why there was never a serious investigation into her death.Just like politicians get away with crimes everyday we go to jail for she had that same priviledge or the same way the cheatriots get away with scandal after scandal that any other team their owner would lose ownership of that team if they did the same things they do because they dont get the special treatment they get.

Forum List

Back