CTs and Religion?

varelse

Rookie
Oct 30, 2012
Is it just me, or do many CTs resemble a religion in several ways?

Let's compare the following precepts:

There exists god; lack of evidence is because he is hidden
vs
There exists the Illuminati; lack of evidence is because they are hidden

god is everywhere
vs
the illuminati are everywhere, in Masonic lodges throughout the country, at Bildergurg, and in every government

god is all-knowing
vs
the illuminati are all-knowing, reading every e-mail, spying in every home, and collecting all data ever collected anywhere

if you don't believe in god, it's because you've been lied to, deceived, by the devil
vs
if you don't believe in the illuminati, it's because you've been lied to, deceived, by the devilish media they control

i speak the word of god; only i know the truth
vs
i alone know the truth about the illuminati

:eusa_eh:

Is it just me, or do many CTs resemble a religion in several ways?

Let's compare the following precepts:

There exists god; lack of evidence is because he is hidden
vs
There exists the Illuminati; lack of evidence is because they are hidden

god is everywhere
vs
the illuminati are everywhere, in Masonic lodges throughout the country, at Bildergurg, and in every government

god is all-knowing
vs
the illuminati are all-knowing, reading every e-mail, spying in every home, and collecting all data ever collected anywhere

if you don't believe in god, it's because you've been lied to, deceived, by the devil
vs
if you don't believe in the illuminati, it's because you've been lied to, deceived, by the devilish media they control

i speak the word of god; only i know the truth
vs
i alone know the truth about the illuminati

:eusa_eh:

Are you ridiculing religion, the CT Movement, or both? In any event, I agree that for some, conspiracy theories seem to be their religion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back