CT Schools Cancel Halloween Because it Offends Muslims

Since when have Christians been against Halloween?
Lots of evangelical churches are. Check out some church signs, you'll see lots advertising parties on the 31st but very few will call it a Halloween party.
You're an idiot. Every church I have been to has a Halloween party of some sort. You're seeing shit that you hope exists but doesn't
It's dark, or id run down the street and grab a picture of the two churches nearby that are having what I believe they are calling a fall festival. One might be a happyween. Not sure.

Frankly I think they're dumb, just call it what it is and wuit worrying about offending the church lady
I'm pretty sure it isn't the church lady they are worried about offending. You have a week, post up some pictures.
too lazy for pictures, how about websites?
Parkade Baptist Church Treat N Side - "treat 'n side"
Columbia Church of Christ Home Page - fall festival with a 'trunk or treat'
Truly despicable. They are making a huge mistake. God said, My people perish for lack of knowledge - this is a classic example. Classic!

Lots of evangelical churches are. Check out some church signs, you'll see lots advertising parties on the 31st but very few will call it a Halloween party.
You're an idiot. Every church I have been to has a Halloween party of some sort. You're seeing shit that you hope exists but doesn't
It's dark, or id run down the street and grab a picture of the two churches nearby that are having what I believe they are calling a fall festival. One might be a happyween. Not sure.

Frankly I think they're dumb, just call it what it is and wuit worrying about offending the church lady
I'm pretty sure it isn't the church lady they are worried about offending. You have a week, post up some pictures.
Truly despicable. They are making a huge mistake. God said, My people perish for lack of knowledge - this is a classic example. Classic!
is it the bite-size candy bars that get you so upset, or did you live on a block where they gave out apples, pennies, and toothbrushes?

is it the bite-size candy bars that get you so upset, or did you live on a block where they gave out apples, pennies, and toothbrushes?

I think his neighborhood gave out mercury and LSD.

While Halloween has Pagan roots and even a few Christian ones that came later after they used the day to start their own tradition, Muslims still see it as a Pagan holiday and don't believe it is just innocent fun. They warn Muslims not to be tempted to join in. Yes, they find it offensive.

Sad because Halloween really is just innocent fun. Most don't care about the origins and just enjoy the "Americanized" holiday, which today is completely different than the original All Hallows Eve. It really is about fun, dressing up and eating candy. And no one will perish in purgatory because they put on a SpongeBob costume and collected a bag of candy. Some don't see it that way and believe that we are paying homage to the Pagans if we participate.

The churches I knew that held Fall Festivals on October 31 were in Florida. That was about 18 years ago. I thought nothing of it and hold the attitude of 'to each his own.' I have no idea what type of churches they were.

I do have some Jehovah Witness neighbors, who keep to themselves until it's time to hand out those pamphlets. Sorry, but that practice irritates me. At least they no longer knock on my door after quite a few years of getting no where.

Halloween is harmless as a tradition and the only dangers are a few weirdos out there who would hurt people, but they are dangerous year 'round. We've all heard the horror stories of razor blades in apples and other despicable acts. Some people are just insane and should be locked up.

Halloween, as practiced by most Americans for years, has no religious undertones. I think it's wrong to paint it as Pagan or devil worship and condemn it.

Some need to lighten up. I am just waiting for Muslim Halloween costumes to be outlawed or deemed as hate speech.

Halloween in Islam - Should Muslims Celebrate Halloween

Last edited:

Not all of them, but they don't go around bitching about being offended and expecting people to change to suit them. Many churches over the years have held events on Halloween and called them Fall Festivals or similar things. There were no monster or ghost costumes. I like that they handle it that way. Instead of trying to shut down Halloween and the "grave images" that many are against, they just do their own thing.

Muslims should just do their own thing and shut the fuck up about other traditions.
You've not shown that muslims did anything regarding Halloween at these schools. The news article doesn't even mention mudlims, that was inserted by your hack website to appear as if yhe actual news station reported it. It's a pretty unethical practice, btw.
Keep sticking up for them. You will soon be their bitch

It is a very evil night - the Satanists and witches are very serious about it and most assuredly delight in the ignorance of those who believe it is "harmless fun". You should listen to the former satanist now Christian pastor - John Ramirez - and his testimony about Oct 31st being a high holy day to Satan in which he targeted Christians and those who were unaware of the real celebrating of Halloween.

One story that Johanna Michaelson told in her book, Like Lambs to the Slaughter - I believe that was the title of book - was of a young child who answered the door for trick or treaters on Halloween night - she was 4 yrs old and upon seeing a tall person standing at her door dressed as the grim reaper - she dropped dead of fright. The family of that child no longer saw Halloween as a "harmless fun night" you can be certain.

If the muslims started killing "trick or treaters", the liberals on this board would defend them.

Jehovah Witnesses and Christians have opposed Halloween for years. Churches have often chose to celebrate a different event on that day to discourage kids from dressing as witches and ghouls. Jehovah Witnesses go door to door objecting to many things.

Never has any school given in to the Christians JWs, but for some stupid reason, some are worried about offending Muslims. What the hell makes such an intolerant group so special?

Hey, Muslims, celebrating holidays, like Halloween and Christmas, have been traditions here. You don't like it? Suck it up or leave. I promise not to go to any Muslim countries and bitch about their customs if they can respect ours and quit acting like they are being hurt by seeing Christmas trees or kids dressed in costumes on Halloween. Just don't participate.

Most schools celebrate Cinco de Mayo for some odd reason. And kids are banned from wearing American patriotic t-shirts on that day. It's always Americans who bend over so they don't offend people. Screw it.

If kids don't like Halloween, then don't join the other kids having fun.

Parents say they got letters from the principals stating that since not everyone celebrates Halloween, it should not be celebrated. When asked by one of the parents who exactly wouldn’t celebrate it, one teacher said "Muslims and Jehovah’s Witnesses" as two potential groups that "might be" offended. Lori Montano says it’s taking political correctness too far.

Connecticut Elementary Schools Cancel Halloween Because the Holiday Might ‘Offend’ Someone

http://toprightnews.com/?p=6857
Ah......had to erase the Muslim part to get the truth..All that was coming up was rightwing hack sites.
Certain religious groups don’t celebrate Halloween, but it’s unclear whether the school system made the change with religion in-mind.
Newington schools cancel Halloween parties FOX CT

Op you are a fucking loser

Ok, let's ban Halloween, Christmas, and Easter from our schools. Let's also ban Black History Month, Ramadan, Kwanza, Cinco De Mayo, Earth Day, and any other celebration that appeals to only one group of people. Ban all of them or none of them.
Earth Day? Are you in favor of polluting the planet? What could you possibly have against Earth Day?

Not all of them, but they don't go around bitching about being offended and expecting people to change to suit them. Many churches over the years have held events on Halloween and called them Fall Festivals or similar things. There were no monster or ghost costumes. I like that they handle it that way. Instead of trying to shut down Halloween and the "grave images" that many are against, they just do their own thing.

Muslims should just do their own thing and shut the fuck up about other traditions.
You've not shown that muslims did anything regarding Halloween at these schools. The news article doesn't even mention mudlims, that was inserted by your hack website to appear as if yhe actual news station reported it. It's a pretty unethical practice, btw.
its always a muslim problem with her...She is basically a racist

Keep sticking up for them. You will soon be their bitch
At least I can rest easy knowing I dont have to make stuff up to justify my hatred of others.

Always. It is a high holy day of Satan. Born again Christians have nothing to do with it. We pray against it. For weeks in advance. And afterward...
Have you ever thought about praying to God so He could provide you with common sense and a sence of humor and whimsy?

No. God has given me wisdom - which is greater than common sense and there is nothing humorous about Halloween. Listen to this interview with John Ramirez on what he used to be up to on Oct 31st - preparing 2 weeks in advance for - as he is a former Satanist who now serves Jesus Christ. You're in for a rude awakening.

Exposing Halloween 8211 Evangelist John Ramirez with Shannon Davis of Omega Man Radio John Ramirez Ministries

Ok, let's ban Halloween, Christmas, and Easter from our schools. Let's also ban Black History Month, Ramadan, Kwanza, Cinco De Mayo, Earth Day, and any other celebration that appeals to only one group of people. Ban all of them or none of them.
Earth Day? Are you in favor of polluting the planet? What could you possibly have against Earth Day?
No, I'm not, but the tree huggers who started "Earth Day" don't do anything to fight pollution.

No, I'm not, but the tree huggers who started "Earth Day" don't do anything to fight pollution.
What makes you say that? The first Earth Day in 1970 called the attention of the world to the problems of pollution. The world, at least around here, has become a vastly cleaner place.

What makes you say that? The first Earth Day in 1970 called the attention of the world to the problems of pollution. The world, at least around here, has become a vastly cleaner place.
They only address the problem as if it's the U.S. who is responsible for all the pollution. Their solution is ALWAYS to put restrictions on AMERICAN companies, never the REAL polluters.

Forum List

Back