Catholicism has a lot of weird stuff in it, but Catholics are the most normal people...

Peter is the rock. Christ built his Church on Peter. Peter was the leader of the Apostles, and eventually was recognized as the first Pope of the Catholic Church.

Against all that, you have some dumb argument involving wordplay that convinces no one, not even you.

Peter is the rock. Christ built his Church on Peter. Peter was the leader of the Apostles, and eventually was recognized as the first Pope of the Catholic Church.

Against all that, you have some dumb argument involving wordplay that convinces no one, not even you.

Like you wrote in the thread subject, "Catholicism has a lot of weird stuff in it." Lord Jesus built his church on the rock that Peter was next to. He certainly wasn't going to depend on Peter. The Catholics claim Peter as a saint and the first pope, but he had no authority over the apostles. This was just made up stuff by the leaders of the RCC. What Peter said was Jesus was the Son of Man as the answer his question, “You are the Christ, the son of the living God.”

The first pope argument by the Catholics become important as it confers powers of that which is God upon the pope, a human being, not God the Father.

I went to a Catholic school for some years. Even though my family was historically Baptists. We went to Mass on Wed third and fourth period at the church across the street.

The first time the priest shook that incense around I dropped like a fly.

I woke up sitting on the steps of the church outside. That was definitely weird, lemme tell ya.

I went to a Catholic school for some years. Even though my family was historically Baptists. We went to Mass on Wed third and fourth period at the church across the street.

I woke up sitting on the steps of the church outside. That was definitely weird, lemme tell ya.

I went to a private Catholic school, too. Are you referring to the aspergillum? It sprinkles holy water not incense. I'm not that familiar with the incense, but think they sprinkle it over the tabernacle.

I don't know of any kid that fainted in school, but probably tell the sister. We used squat and hyperventilate and then stand fast and hold our breaths. You would pass out due to lack of oxygen. It's probably a dangerous prank. Afterward, you'd sit the kid up until they regained consciousness. Maybe they just left you there cause you were a dork.

...you'll ever meet.

We don't have to go door to door to convert people like the Jehovah's Witnesses.

We don't have to go on two year missions like the Mormons.

We don't have to wear funny hats like the Jews, or magic underwear like the Mormons.

We can pretty much eat whatever we want, except for Fridays in Lent, and then we eat fish instead of meat (no sacrifice!).

We have our own schools which are 1000% better than the public schools and even better than a lot of private schools that cost a lot more.

The only requirement, really, is to attend Mass on Sunday, which lasts only an hour. Some churches have three hour services, plus a Wednesday service.

If you don't want to make friends at church, you don't have to. But if you do, there's clubs you can join.

There are strict rules, like no birth control, but a lot of Catholics don't follow it. I did when I was married, but I can't explain it to you why it's important.

The Catholic Church is like a rock, while other churches like the Episcopalians, the Methodists, and the Lutherans are like squishy soft and don't stand for anything.

But we're not like evangelicals, sticking "God talk" into every conversation.

We're really very normal people compared to anyone else.

Catholics are notorious for not reading the bible, they get upset when the average joe can quote scripture.

...you'll ever meet.

We don't have to go door to door to convert people like the Jehovah's Witnesses.

We don't have to wear funny hats like the Jews, or magic underwear like the Mormons.

We can pretty much eat whatever we want, except for Fridays in Lent, and then we eat fish instead of meat (no sacrifice!).

We have our own schools which are 1000% better than the public schools and even better than a lot of private schools that cost a lot more.

The only requirement, really, is to attend Mass on Sunday, which lasts only an hour. Some churches have three hour services, plus a Wednesday service.

If you don't want to make friends at church, you don't have to. But if you do, there's clubs you can join.

There are strict rules, like no birth control, but a lot of Catholics don't follow it.

Sorry to have to correct you: But birth control is totally normal for Catholics and not a sin at all. That's part of the problem complex "family planning". Only some methods of birth conrol - for example condoms - cause problems. Natural methods are for example without any problem. (By the way. One of the easiest ways to get pregnant is to trust in condoms.)

I did when I was married, but I can't explain it to you why it's important.

The Catholic Church is like a rock, while other churches like the Episcopalians, the Methodists, and the Lutherans are like squishy soft and don't stand for anything.

What is "normal"?

did you have any strange dreams of being probed by aliens?

...you'll ever meet.

There are strict rules, like no birth control, but a lot of Catholics don't follow it. I did when I was married, but I can't explain it to you why it's important.

Uh, where to start-priests humping altar boys-we can't hear enough about how they are punished-or are they? The Pope telling the US we HAVE to let illegals in? Screw that. Divorce-OK or not? You mentioned birth control-if the parishoners aren't going to follow the rules, how much of a rock is the church? Not much.

Forum List

Back