Cry Baby Boycotters

Members of the opposition party routinely skip the inaugurations. Are they all cry babies?
Yes. The Inauguration is supposed to a celebration of this nation's peaceful exchange of power, not a political rally. John Lewis is a great man, but in this case he is a fucking lunatic, as are all of the stupid liberals that follow his often demented drum beat.

Well said! :thup:

How short the Kosh memory is....many Republicans opted out of the inaugeration, and instead attended a dinner of their own where the strategized on how to block Obama on everything. And then there were the rightwing politicians openly supporting the birthers. Oh yes...a very short memory has our Kosh. :itsok:

List the Republican Senators or Congressmen who skipped oshitscums inaug!!

Members of the opposition party routinely skip the inaugurations. Are they all cry babies?
Yes. The Inauguration is supposed to a celebration of this nation's peaceful exchange of power, not a political rally. John Lewis is a great man, but in this case he is a fucking lunatic, as are all of the stupid liberals that follow his often demented drum beat.

That doesn't mean everyone must go, and they don't. John Lewis stated his opinion about Trump. That is all. Isn't it much ado about very little to engage in a scorched earth retaliation against him? Or, for that matter those who choose not to attend? It was never an issue before.
They inauguration of our President is intended to represent the peaceful transition of power, not be considered a political rally! Crybaby Democrats need to suck it up and look forward to 2018. Maybe than can get back some of the seats they have lost over the past few elections. This first step in doing that is to GROW UP and quit being puerile!

That doesn't mean everyone must go, and they don't. John Lewis stated his opinion about Trump. That is all. Isn't it much ado about very little to engage in a scorched earth retaliation against him? Or, for that matter those who choose not to attend? It was never an issue before.

See how the far left drones act when it is not one of theirs?

If this had been done to Obama, the racism rants would have been endless, wait....

How short the Kosh memory is....many Republicans opted out of the inaugeration, and instead attended a dinner of their own where the strategized on how to block Obama on everything. And then there were the rightwing politicians openly supporting the birthers. Oh yes...a very short memory has our Kosh. :itsok:
Both Democrats and Republicans are wrong to boycott any Presidential inauguration. It is not a political rally for either side. It is a symbol of what should be the united effort of both sides to SUPPORT THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE COUNTRY AND ITS PEOPLE! Screw John Lewis and his ilk!

Last edited:

They inauguration of our President is intended to represent the peaceful transition of power, not be considered a political rally! Crybaby Democrats need to suck it up and look forward to 2018. Maybe than can get back some of the seats they have lost over the past few elections. This first step in doing that is to GROW UP and quit being puerile!

Yes, it is.

Yet the Republicans boycotted Obama's inaugeration and no one told them to "grow up".

I think it's much ado about nothing really - members of the losing party have often found reason to skip inaugarations and y'all act like it's a new thing.

List the Republican Senators or Congressmen who skipped oshitscums inaug!!

Already provided in post #13.

Now are you going to make excuses on how this is somehow different?

Yet the Republicans boycotted Obama's inaugeration and no one told them to "grow up".

I think it's much ado about nothing really - members of the losing party have often found reason to skip inaugarations and y'all act like it's a new thing.

I agree, the Congressional members who are boycotting the inauguration are making much ado about nothing - which often translates into the attempted making of political hay. As for how new a thing it is...

68 and counting elected officials who are members of the House of Representatives, are publicly boycotting the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States. Can you provide a list of all the members of the House of Representatives who publicly boycotted the 44th's first inauguration?

Hopefully these 'Democrats behaving badly' will come to their senses and join the nation in celebrating President Donald J. Trump's second inauguration.

Now, about that list...

Yes, it is.

Thank you. I was unaware that it had happened many times from both sides. However, Lewis' claim that DJT is illegitimate is ludicrous. He was elected fairly under the admirable rules of our election process, designed specifically to prevent highly populated urban areas from ruling over the entire nation. Look at the county by county map of election results and you will note that only California (the liberal cesspool of America) and a scant few other locations are predominately 'blue'. The vast majority of the nation (306 electoral votes worth) is 'red'. John Lewis is completely full of piss and vinegar. Screw John Lewis and the racist horse from the past that he rides. He is a great man, but totally misguided by his prejudice and disappointment that the bitch, Hillary did not get crowned as the liberals expected. The same can be said of the Hollywood crowd whose only talent is acting out scripts written by others. Some are certainly quite talented, but few are truly creative and NONE of their political opinions are worth more than that of my garbage man or any other non-celebrity. I can't wait for all those self-righteous fools that promised to leave the country should Trump be elected actually fulfill those promises. He has been elected, inaugurated and is now our PRESIDENT. Screw all those that deny him what he has accomplished...especially John Lewis!

Name them!

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration | The Huffington Post

WASHINGTON — As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

The event — which provides a telling revelation for how quickly the post-election climate soured — serves as the prologue of Robert Draper’s much-discussed and heavily-reported new book, “Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives.”

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) — who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.
The link in post #13 does not say that the list of people boycotted the inauguration. It says they skipped the celebration parties and had a private dinner meeting of their own. Can you show that they did not attend the inauguration?

Last edited:

Yes, it is.

Thank you. I was unaware that it had happened many times from both sides. However, Lewis' claim that DJT is illegitimate is ludicrous. He was elected fairly under the admirable rules of our election process, designed specifically to prevent highly populated urban areas from ruling over the entire nation. Look at the county by county map of election results and you will note that only California (the liberal cesspool of America) and a scant few other locations are predominately 'blue'. The vast majority of the nation (306 electoral votes worth) is 'red'. John Lewis is completely full of piss and vinegar. Screw John Lewis and the racist horse from the past that he rides. He is a great man, but totally misguided by his prejudice and disappointment that the bitch, Hillary did not get crowned as the liberals expected. The same can be said of the Hollywood crowd whose only talent is acting out scripts written by others. Some are certainly quite talented, but few are truly creative and NONE of their political opinions are worth more than that of my garbage man or any other non-celebrity. I can't wait for all those self-righteous fools that promised to leave the country should Trump be elected actually fulfill those promises. He has been elected, inaugurated and is now our PRESIDENT. Screw all those that deny him what he has accomplished...especially John Lewis!

I agree he was elected legitimately and I do not contest his legitimacy (I'm not sure I would say "fairly" given the hacking and Comey's behavior), but before you go pounding on the left - remember the right, and their claims about Obama being an illegitimate president - a claim that even senators echoed. Not a good thing. Hopefully this one won't gain legs.

I agree he was elected legitimately and I do not contest his legitimacy (I'm not sure I would say "fairly" given the hacking and Comey's behavior), but before you go pounding on the left - remember the right, and their claims about Obama being an illegitimate president - a claim that even senators echoed. Not a good thing. Hopefully this one won't gain legs.

So there weren't any Republican members of the House who publicly boycotted Obama's first inauguration after all?

Which Senators?

So there weren't any Republican members of the House who publicly boycotted Obama's first inauguration after all?

Which Senators?

I think an inaugural boycott of this proportion is childish - Nancy Pelosi stated it best: "I will be there. I'll be there for the inauguration, yes. That's my responsibility. The wonderful thing about our country, the peaceful transfer of power - and in this case, from one party to the next."

But, like the claim NYT made about Trump's firing of all ambassadors with "no exceptions" by Jan 20th - the implications that this has not been done before - are false. Many Republicans boycotted Obama's 2013 inauguration. In 2009, they attended their own event where they could strategize on how to bring him down and block everything he tried to do.

Which Senators?

I think an inaugural boycott of this proportion is childish - Nancy Pelosi stated it best: "I will be there. I'll be there for the inauguration, yes. That's my responsibility. The wonderful thing about our country, the peaceful transfer of power - and in this case, from one party to the next."

But, like the claim NYT made about Trump's firing of all ambassadors with "no exceptions" by Jan 20th - the implications that this has not been done before - are false. Many Republicans boycotted Obama's 2013 inauguration. In 2009, they attended their own event where they could strategize on how to bring him down and block everything he tried to do.

There's plenty of room in this country for dissent over policy. But there can be no discussion without correct information as a starting point.

Apparently not even one sitting Republican House member or Republican Senator publicly boycotted in protest Obama's first or second inauguration, or 'echoed' claims that Obama was an illegitimate president post-election. If either of those statements are incorrect, I'd like to see evidence of such.

Having a separate dinner or party doesn't qualify as boycotting the inauguration ceremony - most, if not all, of the balls are by invitation...taking place hours after the inauguration.

I respect that you don't like Trump. But, we have plenty of legitimate problems to confront without the added burden of spreading faux info.

Actually Nancy did the right thing - about time. lol

Which Senators?

There's plenty of room in this country for dissent over policy. But there can be no discussion without correct information as a starting point.

Apparently not even one sitting Republican House member or Republican Senator publicly boycotted in protest Obama's first or second inauguration, or 'echoed' claims that Obama was an illegitimate president post-election. If either of those statements are incorrect, I'd like to see evidence of such.

Having a separate dinner or party doesn't qualify as boycotting the inauguration ceremony - most, if not all, of the balls are by invitation...taking place hours after the inauguration.

I respect that you don't like Trump. But, we have plenty of legitimate problems to confront without the added burden of spreading faux info.

Actually Nancy did the right thing - about time. lol

I agree. But, part of the "real" (as opposed to faux) info is that members of the opposing party HAVE not attended the inaugeration of the new president. Whether they do it quietly or publicaly - the act is the same and pretending, as some are, that it's never been done before is not true.

I'll agree it has never been done so publicly and largely, and that is not a good thing. Nor, for that matter was the Republian's act of planning for Obama's legislative defeat the day he entered office. I wonder if the Democrats will follow that now that precedents are set that spiral us downward. We seem to have entered a point at which no one from oppposing sides talks with the other side.

I agree. But, part of the "real" (as opposed to faux) info is that members of the opposing party HAVE not attended the inaugeration of the new president. Whether they do it quietly or publicaly - the act is the same and pretending, as some are, that it's never been done before is not true.

Sitting Republican members of the US House and US Senate did not boycott either of Obama's inaugurations, nor claim he was an illegitimate president post-election - so by definition statements otherwise are false. Moral equivalence is a poor methodology to justify bad behavior - especially if the other behavior did not happen. As for rank and file members of either party - I agree, who cares?

We seem to have entered a point at which no one from oppposing sides talks with the other side.

Because tilting at windmills is ever so much more fun. :biggrin:

Sitting Republican members of the US House and US Senate did not boycott either of Obama's inaugurations, nor claim he was an illegitimate president post-election - so by definition statements otherwise are false. Moral equivalence is a poor methodology to justify bad behavior - especially if the other behavior did not happen. As for rank and file members of either party - I agree, who cares?

We seem to have entered a point at which no one from oppposing sides talks with the other side.

Because tilting at windmills is ever so much more fun. :biggrin:

:lol:

and no shortage of windmills...

Yes, it is.

Apparently, you missed where Obama conceded that the Russians had nothing to do with the leaked emails....and certainly, you must know that NOBODY 'hacked the election'.

Obama Admits Russians Did Not Hack - - Yahoo Video Search Results

SURPRISE! John Lewis Didn't Attend George W. Bush's Inauguration Either | The Sean Hannity Show

So Lewis is a liar! He states this is the first time in three decades but he boycotted Bush's Inauguration too.
Being a compulsive liar seems to be a prerequisite in order to run for office in the Jackass party. I think the Jackass National Committee has some sort of unwritten rule which states that they must to lie to the voters, even if it is for no apparent reason. Seriously, what does Lewis have to gain by lying like that? A congresscritter has no obligation to attend any presidential inauguration ceremonies in the first place, so there is no reason for them to lie about their attendance. They have absolutely nothing to gain by lying about it. There is a term used to describe people who do that. They are called compulsive liars.

It is just like Crooked Hillary lying about dodging sniper fire in Bosnia. What did she have to gain by telling that ridiculous lie while wasting taxpayer money on her unnecessary trip to Bosnia? Nothing. She just lied about it for the sake of lying. She's a typical Jackass party compulsive liar.

Or perhaps telling the truth is very painful for jackasses.

I boycott Target for the simple reason that they banned the American Legion and VFW off their property.

Didn't read the whole threads but this is certainly not the first time an inauguration was boycotted. The crybabies are the RWNJ Pootarians who believe its okay for them to disrespect the office as well as the man for 8 years but its not okay to just stay home. Fact is, its always the right wing sheeples who gets their panties in a twist, gets all kinds of offended and then bleats that they refuse to be "pc" - which is, of course, just another way of saying they're proud of behaving like assholes.

What to Know About the First Lawmakers to Boycott a Presidential Inauguration
A nation of dissent: The most famous inaugural protests in U.S. history

I've always questioned the efficacy of boycotting but IMO, the real reason to boycott anything is to be true to one's self.

There's a point to be made that this is more a celebration of the peaceful transition of power but an even bigger point is that its our right. Like it or not, this isn't N Korea (yet) and no one is required to bow down to King TrumpleThinSkin. For now, you'll just have to deal with that. The bright side is you can be just as vocal as you want cuz, like I said, this ain't N Korea.

See how that works?

Forum List

Back