Cruzing With Coolidge

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Tea Party voters can do no better than backing the right guy with the guts and the principles:

“President Obama is fond of saying he has a pen and he has a phone,” Cruz said. “Well, live by the pen and die by the pen. Every illegal executive action that he puts in place can be undone in an instant by the next president through the same mechanism. The proper avenue for creating law in this country is not unilateral decree. It is rather passing legislation through Congress that is signed into law by president pursuant to the dictates of the Constitution.”

Exclusive — Ted Cruz: My First Act As President Will Be To Undo Obama’s Unconstitutional Executive Orders
by Matthew Boyle
1 Apr 2015Houston, TX

Exclusive Ted Cruz My First Act As President Will Be To Undo Obama s Unconstitutional Executive Orders - Breitbart

Executive orders, memos, bureaucratic regulations, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, can be erased as easily as they are written. Wrapping a rule in a piece of legislation and mailing it to the United Nations makes repeal a little more difficult:

On Monday, EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy said the agency had designed power plant rules under the authority of the Clean Air Act - and insisted that they can withstand Supreme Court scrutiny.

"We don’t need a plan B if we are solid on our plan A," she said.

But Jeff Holmstead, a lawyer representing utilities industries for Bracewell & Giuliani and former assistant administrator of the EPA under George W Bush, says even if the courts uphold the EPA proposal on power plants, a future Republican administration can reverse it.

"There are some EPA rules that are very difficult for a new administration to change but this is not one of those rules," Holmstead said. He calculates that at least five high court justices are wary of the EPA's regulatory leeway.

Environmental groups, on the other hand, were more confident that Obama's measures cannot be reversed by the courts or politics.

“The Clean Air Act has proven to be quite durable," said David Waskow, director of international initiatives for the World Resources Institute. "While elements may be slowed or modified by legal challenges, they are rarely overturned.”

Republicans warn world that Obama U.N. plan could be undone
By Valerie Volcovici
March 31, 2015

Republicans warn world that Obama U.N. plan could be undone - Yahoo News Canada

Butchering a destructive piece of legislation is difficult, but not impossible, as Krauthammer recently pointed out:

Charles Krauthammer in the first 2:12 of the youtube offers a way to stop Gina McCarthy from legislating:

. . . pass a single one line of piece legislation that says the Clean Air Act of 1970 was never intended and will not apply to atmospheric carbon dioxide.​

Conservative Tea Partiers have the best chance they will ever get of a laying a double-whammy on liberalism.

1. The right president in 2017.

2. A veto proof Congress for insurance.

Finally, Tea Party conservatives, indeed, Americans from across the political landscape, should have no trouble comparing Ted Cruz to one of Silent Cal’s pearls of wisdom:

It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones. Calvin Coolidge

images

Even if a record high temperature actually was recorded in Antarctica on a particular day, it wouldn’t erase the reality of ice steadily expanding in the region over the past 25 years, exactly the way absolutely none of the vaunted global-warming models predicted.

More Tough Times For the Church of Global Warming
by John Hayward
1 Apr 2015

More Tough Times For the Church of Global Warming - Breitbart

The world would already be freezing in another major Ice Age if Antarctic’s glaciers grew as fast Taqiyya the Liar’s highly touted legacy is growing by the hour —— and that does not include his personal contribution to the global warming fraud:

"What the president did is rooted in the belief that his vision will win out, that voters would punish anybody for trying to scrap [his policies]," a former Obama senior administration official told the Washington Examiner.
You can take his vision and stuff it in your ear. Here is the question that counts: Where is it written in stone that says his actions cannot be touched without replacing them with specific alternatives?:

However, if Republicans simply undo Obama's unilateral actions, they will face mounting pressure to offer up specific alternatives of their own.

Is the Obama legacy built on quicksand?
By Brian Hughes | April 2, 2015 | 5:00 am

Is the Obama legacy built on quicksand WashingtonExaminer.com

REALITY: Undoing his years of destruction is the alternative.

Finally, the difficulty in firing all of Taqiyya’s parasites is the one and only thing that might keep his 'legacy' alive a few years longer. Let’s all hope that Ted Cruz is at least heading in the right direction. See this thread on the subject:

Flanders how likely is it do you think that Ted Cruz will win the nomination? How likely do you think is it that he'll win the Presidency?

Flanders how likely is it do you think that Ted Cruz will win the nomination?

To JoshuaZ: I will say that he has fighting chance right now. Early next year the media will pull out all stops to sink Cruz long before the nominating convention.

How likely do you think is it that he'll win the Presidency?

To JoshuaZ: I think Ted Cruz is a shoo-in if he gets the nomination.

NOTE: Democrats have nobody except Hillary Clinton. She is a pushover. I cannot see her winning more than two or three flaming liberal states. The media will not be able to stop a 50 state blowout for Cruz should the Democrats give the nomination to anybody other than Clinton. Basically, the best that Democrats can hope for is to avoid another major rout in presidential races. Worse than Walter Mondale in modern times when he ran into Ronald Reagan.

Flanders how likely is it do you think that Ted Cruz will win the nomination?

To JoshuaZ: I will say that he has fighting chance right now. Early next year the media will pull out all stops to sink Cruz long before the nominating convention.

How likely do you think is it that he'll win the Presidency?

To JoshuaZ: I think Ted Cruz is a shoo-in if he gets the nomination.

NOTE: Democrats have nobody except Hillary Clinton. She is a pushover. I cannot see her winning more than two or three flaming liberal states. The media will not be able to stop a 50 state blowout for Cruz should the Democrats give the nomination to anybody other than Clinton. Basically, the best that Democrats can hope for is to avoid another major rout in presidential races. Worse than Walter Mondale in modern times when he ran into Ronald Reagan.

Interesting. To the first then, how do you measure a fighting chance? Also, if you are expecting the media to do that doesn't that mean he doesn't have a fighting chance? I'm a little confused by that statement.

Your statement about Cruz beating Hillary is very interesting! I'm curious suppose someone offered you the following bet "Conditional on Cruz and Hillary winning their respective nominations (so the bet is voided if either doesn't), Hillary will beat Cruz"- would you take that bet for say $30 with you on the Cruz side?

Interesting. To the first then, how do you measure a fighting chance? Also, if you are expecting the media to do that doesn't that mean he doesn't have a fighting chance? I'm a little confused by that statement.

To JoshuaZ: Reread my response until you improve your reading comprehension skills.

You are new on USMB; so I should tell that I do not usually answer clever questions. Responding to my messages in the future, say what you have to say minus the questions.

To JoshuaZ: Reread my response until you improve your reading comprehension skills.

You are new on USMB; so I should tell that I do not usually answer clever questions. Responding to my messages in the future, say what you have to say minus the questions.

There's nothing "clever" about my questions- I wish they were clever, but I'm not a clever person. They are straightforward. Let me ask then a slightly different question that may make more clear to me where you are coming from. Actually, let's make that not a question at all. I'm going to offer you a bet: the bet is if Cruz wins the Presidency I pay you $100. If he doesn't, you pay me $10. Want to take it?

Forum List

Back