Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin's stunning abuse of power

This is not happening now, it happened years ago. Those "bad actors" are gone. The most investigating them now can do is to reveal there was corruption. Finding such corruption, if it's found, doesn't root out ongoing corruption since none of those people are in power.

And hiring Biden's son is not evidence of corruption. There was nothing illegal about hiring him because his father was VP. Conflict of interest? Certainly. But not illegal unless it gave Burisma access to the VP's office, which there is no evidence it did.

To me, Hunter Biden getting that job is corruption. Evidence is his Board seat he held. No other evidence is needed to open an investigation. We should have laws against that type of shit. It opens them up to being susceptible to bribery. It's complete BS and needs to be investigated. It happens too often from both sides. I'm sick of that kind of shit. Drain that fucking swamp in Washington. I don't care if there are repub's that go down either. They are just as deserving, I'm sure.
Getting a job is not corruption. Even if one is overpaid and underqualified. Burisma wanted to appear influential and hired the sons of the Secretary of State and VP to achieve that. Had those hires bought access to their fathers, then yes, that would be corruption, but there's no evidence of that.

And I have no problem with investigating the situation. The problem I have with it is a candidate for office being the one spurring it by asking a foreign national to do the investigation into a political rival. There's a law against that.

Not to mention, if that's allowed, what's to stop any incumbent president running for re-election from using the power of their office to eliminate all of their rivals running for president in such fashion?

Such as Obama's Administration did with FISA abuse?
If Obama did something illegal, go after him. But that has nothing to do with this.

I didn't say Obama. I said Obama's administration which include Biden. Sigh.... Please read. Thank you in advance.
Who in his administration committed FISA abuse?

To me, Hunter Biden getting that job is corruption

What law was broken? Was it when they offered him a job, or was it when he accepted it?

We should have laws against that type of shit.

Yes, it would be best if we had a law on the book for them to break before we charge them with corruption.

Why would a company offer a position as a director on their board that had no experience? Give me some hope that it had nothing to do with his dad being VP.
Answered in post #193.

To me, Hunter Biden getting that job is corruption. Evidence is his Board seat he held. No other evidence is needed to open an investigation. We should have laws against that type of shit. It opens them up to being susceptible to bribery. It's complete BS and needs to be investigated. It happens too often from both sides. I'm sick of that kind of shit. Drain that fucking swamp in Washington. I don't care if there are repub's that go down either. They are just as deserving, I'm sure.
Getting a job is not corruption. Even if one is overpaid and underqualified. Burisma wanted to appear influential and hired the sons of the Secretary of State and VP to achieve that. Had those hires bought access to their fathers, then yes, that would be corruption, but there's no evidence of that.

And I have no problem with investigating the situation. The problem I have with it is a candidate for office being the one spurring it by asking a foreign national to do the investigation into a political rival. There's a law against that.

Not to mention, if that's allowed, what's to stop any incumbent president running for re-election from using the power of their office to eliminate all of their rivals running for president in such fashion?

If Obama did something illegal, go after him. But that has nothing to do with this.

I didn't say Obama. I said Obama's administration which include Biden. Sigh.... Please read. Thank you in advance.

Maybe the FBI agent whom altered an e-mail to renew the FISA application? IDK, but that guy belongs in Jail. I'm sure that is where he will end up.

Maybe those that were involved in the FISA application process in the FBI for investigating Trumps election campaign. Seems that's what is in the IG report. Hmmmm.....

What law was broken? Was it when they offered him a job, or was it when he accepted it?

Yes, it would be best if we had a law on the book for them to break before we charge them with corruption.

Why would a company offer a position as a director on their board that had no experience? Give me some hope that it had nothing to do with his dad being VP.
Answered in post #193.

There is NO company in this world that gives a DIRECTOR position on the BOARD of DIRECTORS whom has no experience and has a sketchy past to boot. NO company. Unless there is something in it for them (other than it "looks good" - which it doesn't - it looks like corruption). Bad answer Try again.

I do my due diligence...you obviously don't.

Key Findings

The inspector general found no basis for conservative claims that partisan hostility to Mr Trump had influenced the bureau's probe.

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations," he said.

Mr Horowitz also did not find that the FBI's mistakes were intentional.

The investigation was opened "in compliance with department and FBI policies", the report said.

Mr Horowitz also found the FBI's use of confidential informants was in compliance with agency rules.
So, I will ask again, what was "done" to Trump?

You conviently forgot one major "key finding": That the steele dossier was a bunch of lies used to get an illegal FISA warrant on carter page.

The Dossier was not the basis for the surveillance on Paige. Oh and...

Mr Horowitz also did not find that the FBI's mistakes were intentional.​

Bullshit. IG report says otherwise:

"Nevertheless, we found that members of the [counterintelligence] team failed to meet the basic obligation to ensure that the Carter Page FISA applications were ‘scrupulously accurate,'” the report reads. This is because the counterintelligence team used unverified hearsay from Steele — and only the information from Steele — as evidence to justify eavesdropping."

IG Report: No FISA Warrant On Carter Page Without Steele Dossier

The FBI did not use the Steele dossier to open Russia probe
A key accusation among Trump’s allies has been that the FBI predicated its investigation of Trump campaign officials Carter Page, Paul Manafort, George Papadopoulos and Michael Flynn on information the bureau received from former British spy Christopher Steele.

But Horowitz found that the Crossfire Hurricane team — the code name agents gave to the Russia inquiry — did not receive Steele’s election reporting materials until after the investigation had already been opened using information about Papadopoulos the team received from an allied nation.
Inspector general’s report on Russia probe: Key takeaways

Read up on what happened with Papdopoulos. FBI corruption.

Why would they lie about the dossier and withold evidence in an attempt to get the FISA warrant? They lied and misled the FISA court by leaving out known information from informants that disputed the dossier. Why did a Democratic lawyer alter a document to mislead the FISA court? No policitcal bias? Have you read some of the texts from these folks? Their actions(hiding information and misleading the FISA court), coupled with many of their texts, is a damning indictment of their objectivity. You know it. Everybody knows it, but the MSM doesn't report it. They don't want an informed electorate because they would lose.
Yes. They were VERY BAD. The FBI has routinely had periods where it has gone rogue dating back to Hoover.

And the Fake News Media is their propaganda organ.

YOU’RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER LIST: These Reporters All Lied About the Steele Dossier, Carter Page and FISA Warrants.

AP_476480085455.sized-770x415xc.jpg

After the report was released on the Russia collusion investigation, it has become clear that FISA requests were approved by judges based on the Steele dossier -- a report funded for and written by anti-Trump hacks. Over the last few years, however, many journalists denied this to be the case. Oh no, they said time and again, the Steele dossier wasn't (much of) the basis of the FISA request(s) to spy on former Trump adviser Carter Page at all. No sir.

The Washington Post's Shane Harris. On January 12, 2018, Harris wrote:

"I am telling you the dossier was not used as the basis for a FISA warrant on Carter Page."​

Then there is Jonah Goldberg, formerly of National Review, now of The Dispatch. He wrote:

"More than one FISA Court Judge issued actual warrants after reviewing intelligence collected from Page surveillance that had nothing to do with the Steele Dossier."​

That was, of course, not true. It did have everything to do with the Steele dossier, and the FBI (purposefully) didn't inform the judge(s) about the background of the dossier -- who paid for it and why, for example.

NBC's Ken Dilanian tweeted that

"Trump is wrong about Carter Page, the dossier and the FISA warrant."​

Of course, Trump wasn't. He actually was spot-on.

Reuter' D.C. national security correspondent Jonathan Landay also informed his Twitter followers that the

"dossier played a minor role in Page FISA warrant. The major reason: FBI believed Page was recruited by Russian intelligence from a recording of 2 SVR officers discussing him during the 2015 probe into a Russian illegal working in the NYC brand of VEB bank."​

Yeah, no.

Will Wilkinson, who is an opinion writer for the far-left New York Times, also lied that the dossier wasn't ground for issuing a FISA warrant. He added, just for the fun of it, that most of the dossier

"had been validated,"​

which was, is and will always remain a huge lie.

Then there was CNN anchor Jim Sciutto, who lied that the

"FBI would further corroborate information in dossier on its own before using such intel to justify the FISA warrant."​

No, the FBI did not, Jim.

And then there is Washington Post blogger Jennifer Rubin.

"Did Lindsey Graham even read the FISA application?"
she wondered.

"Why would he say it largely relied on Steele dossier. That is FALSE."
The only problem being, of course, that it actually did. Graham's statement wasn't "FALSE," but "TRUE."

This list is far from exhaustive. Many more names of journalists could be added to it, which just goes to show how incredibly dishonest they all have been -- and still are, considering that virtually none of them have apologized for spreading misinformation.

Fake News, thy name is Mainstream Media.

Maybe the FBI agent whom altered an e-mail to renew the FISA application? IDK, but that guy belongs in Jail. I'm sure that is where he will end up.

Maybe those that were involved in the FISA application process in the FBI for investigating Trumps election campaign. Seems that's what is in the IG report. Hmmmm.....
The report doesn't mention Comey, so which member of Obama's administration are you talking about?

Answered in post #193.

There is NO company in this world that gives a DIRECTOR position on the BOARD of DIRECTORS whom has no experience and has a sketchy past to boot. NO company. Unless there is something in it for them (other than it "looks good" - which it doesn't - it looks like corruption). Bad answer Try again.
I agree, something had to be in it for Burisma. I already said what I believe that is and it's not illegal or even corrupt.

The report doesn't mention Comey, so which member of Obama's administration are you talking about?
The report mentions a guy that REPORTED TO Comey. Stop playing around. The guy's ultimate supervisor is the CIC.

CRUZ: ‘This Wasn’t Jason Bourne, This Was Beavis And Butthead’

The IG compiled a 434-page report on how a secret court came to approve FBI requests for surveillance, which Cruz called “a stunning indictment of the FBI and the Department of Justice, of a pattern of abusive power.”

The Texas Republican said he’s “angry” and said the report, which sets out numerous errors in obtaining the go-ahead to conduct surveillance “should be deeply chilling” to all Americans.

The report lays out “17 major errors and misstatements that were made by the FBI or DOJ” in securing warrants.

“A number of them are deeply deeply troubling, these are not typos. These are not small inadvertent errors. These are grotesque abuses of power,”

In his questioning of Department of Justice inspector general Michael Horowitz before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Cruz focused on one specific instance in which an email was purposely altered to completely change its content.

“The men and women sitting at home need to know what’s happening: A lawyer at the FBI creates fraudulent evidence, alters an email. That is in turn used as the basis for a sworn statement to the court that the court relies on in issuing authority to wiretap Trump campaign officials. Am I stating that accurately.”

“That’s correct,” Horowitz said. “That is what occurred.”

“And by the way, what he inserted was not just slightly wrong, it was 180 degree opposite of what the evidence said!”
Cruz then pointed out that the Steele Dossier, which contained various allegations of wrongdoing by Trump officials — all eventually discredited — was funded by Democrats. He said the dossier was the

“most effective oppo research dump in history because the Department of Justice and the FBI were perfectly happy to be hatchet men for this oppo research dump.”
After walking through all the gross errors, Cruz had a big close.

“What was going on here, this wasn’t Jason Bourne, this was Beavis and Butthead,” Cruz said, drawing laughter.

Ted knocks the hard core radical leftists that are now being exposed for the RATS THEY TRULY ARE!

Senator Blumenthal:

Did you find any evidence of wire taps of Trump tower?

IG: No

SB: Did you find any evidence of President Obama having any knowledge of any survelience on the Trump campaign?

End of credibility of this thread

Thanks for playing

Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin's stunning abuse of power
Ted knocks the hard core radical leftists that are now being exposed for the RATS THEY TRULY ARE!

I would only point out to Ted:
  1. Barry's no longer president.
  2. He was in office 8 long years.
  3. You were there all that time.
  4. We both agree he had a stunning abuse of power.
  5. Talk is cheap. You never did a thing about it. And now Barry is long gone. Why you flapping your sorry gums now?

I believe he was hired because of his name for its PR value. Is that a crime on either side?

I believe he was hired because of his name for its PR value. Is that a crime on either side?

You can formulate any opinion you want. I think your opinion is bullshit.

Senator Blumenthal:

Did you find any evidence of wire taps of Trump tower?

SB: Did you find any evidence of President Obama having any knowledge of any survelience on the Trump campaign?

End of credibility of this thread

Thanks for playing

I realize that you are in a rush to shut this down.

The FBI is expected to focus ONLY on serious cases, not bogus ones, enforced by the guidance of its supervisors.

It is not the IG’s job to review discretionary judgments by government officials, only to determine if laws, rules, policies, or procedures have been violated.

The interplay between these two things renders meaningless the IG’s determination that the investigation was properly predicated.

The IG is not there to tell us whether a decision was appropriate, much less prudent, or at least carefully considered.

As a result, the IG may not (or at least does not) tell us the only thing that matters: Was it appropriate under the circumstances to open an investigation of the Trump campaign?

This is the nub of Attorney General William Barr’s disagreement with the report.

We have a norm in the United States against the incumbent administration’s use of the government’s intelligence and law-enforcement apparatus in the service of domestic politics.

Counterintelligence powers, which are vital to protecting our nation from terrorist attacks, hinge on public and congressional support. They will lose that support if they are exploited for political purposes.

Consequently, if the FBI is going to breach that norm, it must have strong evidence to believe a political campaign is conspiring with a foreign power.

That is Barr’s point. He is talking about what The FBI it must do in order to make responsible decisions in light of the stakes involved.

The Horowitz review does not account for that. It does not say it was appropriate for the FBI to open a case on sparse evidence in light of the possibility that the Bureau would interfere in, and potentially even swing, an American election.

The FBI has been given very wide latitude, and clearly they have abused it. Horowitz is simply pointing out that with that wide latitude, that opening the investigation was not illegal.

I don't think liberals realize how limited in scope the conclusion of "no bias" really is.

1. It ONLY pertains to the FISA warrants and their actual renewal. It does not pertain to any other aspect of the investigation, including launching it in the first place.
2. It ONLY pertains to written and spoken evidence. Basically, none of the agents wrote an email saying "I hate Trump, let's get him" and in interviews denied bias. He made it VERY clear today he was absolutely not concluding there was not bias in the investigation. He only said that those two types of evidence were missing.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The bias in the Peter and Lisa texts is obvious and undeniable.

Last edited:

The report mentions a guy that REPORTED TO Comey. Stop playing around. The guy's ultimate supervisor is the CIC.
So not an Obama admin guy. Thanks for admitting that.

So not an Obama admin guy. Thanks for admitting that.
As if that makes it OK. Nice. I like the way you think. :th_thgoodpost:

Rosenstein and Comey are going down along with Page, Strozk, Baker and Ohr.

FISA May be abolished as well, and Wray probably will be asked to resign.

And the polling shows Trump being re-elected and The GOP taking back The House.

I am watching Democrats Physically wring Their hands every single time a Republican points out The Facts of how much a farce their inquiry is.

Forum List

Back