Cruel, heartless Obama mocks his most loyal, unquestioning supporters

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
The title is that of the article not my doing. Certainly we need history majors considering what the US did in 2012 apparently we forget history even when it is fresh in our memory. Any way, he is right of course. I think his remarks point out the cruelty that the colleges put on people paying for useless degrees.

Yahoo!

“A lot of parents, unfortunately, maybe when they saw a lot of manufacturing being offshored, told their kids you don’t want to go into the trades, you don’t want to go into manufacturing because you’ll lose your job,” the president opined. “Well, the problem is that what happened — a lot of young people no longer see the trades and skilled manufacturing as a viable career.”

So far, so good. Then, however, Obama went on the offensive against America’s most useless major that doesn’t have the word “studies” or “gender” in it.

“But I promise you, folks can make a lot more, potentially, with skilled manufacturing or the trades than they might with an art history degree,” Obama declared.

The president seems to have caught himself pretty quickly.

My understanding of trades is that they are, to a great extent, jobs that can't be sent elsewhere.

To my knowledge, nobody sends their house to China to be painted or their car back to Japan to get a new transmission.

Last edited:
The title is that of the article not my doing. Certainly we need history majors considering what the US did in 2012 apparently we forget history even when it is fresh in our memory. Any way, he is right of course. I think his remarks point out the cruelty that the colleges put on people paying for useless degrees.

Yahoo!

“A lot of parents, unfortunately, maybe when they saw a lot of manufacturing being offshored, told their kids you don’t want to go into the trades, you don’t want to go into manufacturing because you’ll lose your job,” the president opined. “Well, the problem is that what happened — a lot of young people no longer see the trades and skilled manufacturing as a viable career.”

So far, so good. Then, however, Obama went on the offensive against America’s most useless major that doesn’t have the word “studies” or “gender” in it.

“But I promise you, folks can make a lot more, potentially, with skilled manufacturing or the trades than they might with an art history degree,” Obama declared.

Sounds like what a lot of conservatives say

Yahoo!

I agree with him, do you?

My understanding of trades is that they are, to a great extent, jobs that can't be sent elsewhere.

To my knowledge, nobody sends their hose to China to be painted or their car back to Japan to get a new transmission.

Yes, I think that is correct. Electricians, pipe fitters, iron worker etc would be considered trades and they can't be farmed out except through illegal immigration. Or legal.

Yahoo!

Who doesn't?

Everyone knows a plumber makes more than an art major

Who doesn't?

So then why do people pursue such degrees considering the cost? They could go through a 2 year degree program and become an electrician and have a chance at a good paying job with security. When my daughter went to college I told her any degree was better then no degree, I was very wrong. I should have sent her to a trade school. Would have been more productive and much less costly.

Who doesn't?

So then why do people pursue such degrees considering the cost? They could go through a 2 year degree program and become an electrician and have a chance at a good paying job with security. When my daughter went to college I told her any degree was better then no degree, I was very wrong. I should have sent her to a trade school. Would have been more productive and much less costly.

I have two sons. One went to college to be an architect, the other went to trade school for welding. The architect makes slightly more than the welder

The reasons people go for such degrees regardless of the cost is because mommy and daddy consider themselves failures in front of their friends if their kid goes to trade school. Also, because mommy and daddy are afraid to say no to an 18 year old who thinks they know what they want in life

Who doesn't?

I have two sons. One went to college to be an architect, the other went to trade school for welding. The architect makes slightly more than the welder

The reasons people go for such degrees regardless of the cost is because mommy and daddy consider themselves failures in front of their friends if their kid goes to trade school. Also, because mommy and daddy are afraid to say no to an 18 year old who thinks they know what they want in life

Assuming the first son had to pay his way, how long would he have to work to pay off his schooling? Of course that doesn't really matter we need architects as we do welders.

Assuming the first son had to pay his way, how long would he have to work to pay off his schooling? Of course that doesn't really matter we need architects as we do welders.

My older son went to community college for two years and then to a university with a co-op program. He worked as a draftsman and took classes at night

and the further sad part is MOST colleges are very liberal progressive anti-capital hate America meme throwers!

Actually they aren't.

But if you feel better because Rush tells you so.......that's cool

Barry Hussein isn't even a good stand up comedian (even though most of the radical left get their information from the comedy channel). He made fun of the Special Olympics and Down's Syndrome kids and he still looks like a dork.

Forum List

Back