Crimson Tide OC leaving for Atlanta

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
This was a surprise. At least to me. It looks like it might not have been for Saban.

Given the talent on the field and the ability to recruit, I think a good OC won't be hard to find.

But it does mean one very weird stat. Alabama will play 3 consecutive games, against big name opponent, with a different OC in each one.

Kiffin - Washington
Sarkisian - Clemson
Whomever - FL State

Saw that. I was surprised too. Kind of odd that Saban helps Sark clean himself up, and then Sark is gone. Wonder who will replace him. I haven't heard any names yet.

I heard he and Saban are friends. Others (writers etc) are saying it would be an awesome addition. Guess we will know soon enough. Saban doesn't generally sit on these things.

Chip Kelly?

I have heard he is in the running. Not sure if he can work under Saban, but that would make a formidable addition.

I can't see Alabama running a Chip Kelly offense

Saban has been successful with a traditional offensive scheme. Why would he scrap it?

The last few years we have been running a more open, west coast, sort of offense. Chip Kelly would be great. But I don't see his ego doing well under Saban.

Yeah, I am now hearing he is not interested in a OC job in college, and prefers to stay in the NFL.

Forum List

Back