CDZ Crime, the Police, and Race

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Did a little research - found a massive amount of statistics regarding crime, the police, and race. I will try to cite some of them, without prejudice, and just let them speak for themselves. All statistics are appropriate for 2015.

1. Percentage of population - white, 62%, black 13%
2. Victims of homicides - white, 732, black 381
3. Percentage of population of victims of homicides - whites, 49% of those killed, blacks, 24% of those killed
4. 90% of all homicides committed by blacks - black victims
5. 82% of all homicides committed by whites - white victims
6. In a study reported by New York Times of cities in the states of California, Texas, and Florida, blacks were 23.8% LESS likely to be shot by cops than whites.
7.The same study found that black citizens were 16% MORE likely to be arrested than whites.
8. However, the study also found that black citizens were 61% more likely to escalate the situation when confronted by police, thus forcing elevation on the force continuum.

75 most populous counties in the US

1) Blacks, 15% of population, but commit 62% of robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults
2) Whites/Hispanics, 82% of population, but commit 42% of robberies, 42% of murders, and 63% of assaults
3) Over 10% of the NATION'S homicides were committed in Chicago.

Here's one logical solution.

luYgpnf.jpg

what
Did a little research - found a massive amount of statistics regarding crime, the police, and race. I will try to cite some of them, without prejudice, and just let them speak for themselves. All statistics are appropriate for 2015.

3. Percentage of population of victims of homicides - whites, 49% of those killed, blacks, 24% of those killed
6. In a study reported by New York Times of cities in the states of California, Texas, and Florida, blacks were 23.8% LESS likely to be shot by cops than whites.
7.The same study found that black citizens were 16% MORE likely to be arrested than whites.
8. However, the study also found that black citizens were 61% more likely to escalate the situation when confronted by police, thus forcing elevation on the force continuum.

1) Blacks, 15% of population, but commit 62% of robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults
2) Whites/Hispanics, 82% of population, but commit 42% of robberies, 42% of murders, and 63% of assaults
What study are you citing and what year are the statistics based on?

Here's one logical solution.

luYgpnf.jpg
I seriously doubt many will take him up on the offer. Most do not want to be part of the solution, hence they are part of the problem, but want "someone to DO something." The mentality seems to be, "Someone has to DO something, but I am unwilling to do MY part to make it happen. It's not MY job." Or, "why would I join the "Man", when the "Man" is the problem." Just another boogie man to be afraid of.
Why, oh, why can't we all just agree the system is broken, forget about this "us v. them" mentality, and work TOGETHER to find a solution everyone can agree on? Isn't that what MLK Jr., and many others, fought (and died) for?

It would be helpful if you were to cite the various studies from which your stats come.

what

As stated in the OP, the year was 2015, and there were several sources - in fact, too many. (You will notice that the OP also cited a series of New York Times presentations). If you wish to challenge any of the statistical findings, I suggest you bring them to the table.

I offer no analysis of the data - I merely cited the published statistics.

what

As stated in the OP, the year was 2015, and there were several sources - in fact, too many. (You will notice that the OP also cited a series of New York Times presentations). If you wish to challenge any of the statistical findings, I suggest you bring them to the table.

I offer no analysis of the data - I merely cited the published statistics.
Well, thanks for the info . But the central point of your data is item 2. Victims of homicides- white-732, and Blacks 381. If those numbers represent all the homicides committed by Whites and Blacks in 2015, why is there such an uproar about Black on Black homicides? 381 is such a paltry number that, in the wake of all the finger pointing at the ""high Black murder rate, I thought you must have left off a couple of digits. If you copied the data correctly that means Black on Black homicide is a bunch of hype. The percentages make it seem that murder is endemic in the Black community but the raw numbers are no where near what the proportional statistics suggest. That is… if your raw numbers are accurate.

Where I live it is Latinos who commit most of the crime, and mostly burglary.

Most of the murders here are done by paroled white prison x-con's.

But 50 miles north of there in Oakland it is all black, black on black, black on white, black on Latino.

It all just depends on where you live.

This is the CDZ. Intelligently (I realize this a challenge for many of you) address the subject matter or don't post in the thread.

How do you end up with more than 100%?

Sorry about that --- typo -----

1) Blacks, 15% of population, but commit 52% of robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults
2) Whites/Hispanics, 82% of population, but commit 42% of robberies, 42% of murders, and 53% of assaults

First this there land ,Secondly the whites so=called invaded amnd murdered 12 million natives "Blacks".People don`t understand plain and simple whites cannot do not Comprehend.very well at all.That wuld be also a problem.Just keeping it real.

But white robbed the whole earth and the people still have`nt finished to this day.I know 1/2 humans just can`t Comprehend.

Forum List

Back