Crime: God's Deformity?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I wrote this Comic Vine Fan-Fic (link below) about the superhero Captain Marvel tackling the terrible psychopath Leatherface for a special heroism-documentary style film made by real-life American film-maker Michael Mann.

The purpose of the Fan-Fic was to expound creatively about my interests in social norms and values as they relate to the fantasy vigilantism world of comic book art, which has been invested in heavily recently by Hollywood (USA).

As Captain Marvel tackles Leatherface, I am wondering what comprises the boundaries of crime and punishment and who we honor as officers of the law. Do policemen need to be extra-human to earn respect and esteem?

Such considerations are valuable for our modern age discussions about traffic-related dementia as it relates to crime (e.g., terrorism, vandalism, corporate fraud, etc.).

Do we hype heroic agile comic book characters such as Iron Man (Marvel Comics) and Plastic Man (DC Comics), because we are anxious about 'perceptual deformity' as it relates to jurisprudence unpredictability?

I am wondering if crime itself not only tests our faith in civics but also our faith in religion.

Can crime deform the mind (and the soul)?

Here's a sample mock dialogue between Captain Marvel and Leatherface.

====

CAPTAIN MARVEL: Your only goal is to scare humans!
LEATHERFACE: Humans are ugly.
CAPTAIN MARVEL: Oh, and you are the prince of God, eh?
LEATHERFACE: God is ugly.
CAPTAIN MARVEL: Crime is a sin.
LEATHERFACE: Crime is hot!

====

Shazam visits Hollywood (Comic Vine Fan-Fic)

angels.jpg

Evolution/Entropy

If we look at images of sin in the ancient world and compare them with images of sin/vanity in the modern world, we could create a governance/jurisprudence progression contour. For example, how was bigotry prioritized in comparison to rape in the ancient world; could we argue that bigotry is a more pronounced issue in the modern world which is marked by high multi-cultural traffic and transit-sophistication gauged globalization?

Such an 'anthropological' contour could inform our systemic analysis of crime and punishment...

(BTW, I'm a huge fan of Peter Weller and RoboCop)

woodcut.jpg

Forum List

Back