Crime and race in the US. Not for liberals

Most African-Americans have a challenging, if not impossible time summarizing our collective experience into one positive statement of group-worth. Sadly if I were to ask you the same question about other racial groups, you would rattle off quickly “smart,” “hard-working,” “and “good with money.” This is a testament to how we have allowed Black identity to be twisted and maligned, while also adopting this societal defamation of character as our own belief set.

So with that, I believe that it is absolutely necessary for another message to be forwarded about what is means to be Black in America. WE can no longer depend on any organization, any government or any media outlet to shine the positive light of who WE are. WE can no longer afford to define ourselves by our shortcomings. WE have got to shout confidently, that WE are much more than the incarcerated, the uneducated, or the prime time buffoon.

My final challenge to you, as a Black American, would be this. If XYZ actor gets caught cheating on their spouse, you head right to the local internet search engine to fact-check the story. The Internet has become the great equalizer in this struggle, and your government has made most data freely accessible. The next time you hear any data or statistics about Blacks, anywhere, be just as diligent in your search to confirm or dismiss the story. Because, as I see it, the ratings, the notoriety, and the funding will always promote the negative statistics about Black Americans.

In closing, here are some verified African American Male statistics on education, economics and employment. Statistics you probably have never heard. Statistics I would challenge you to try discussing on your next visit to the local stylist, academic setting, or community activist meeting. What will sadden you most is to watch the debate, watch the resistance, and watch the denial from people who desire most to hold on to false claims about us… myths, stereotypes and misinformation that only perpetuates the denigration of us all.

· There are more Black Males in College[1] than in Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane combined[2] (1,236,443 in College/841,000 Incarcerates – regardless of age)

· 4 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Males in College[3] vs. Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane[4].

(674,000 in College/164,400 Incarcerates)

32.3% (1 in 3) Black Males ages 18-24 are enrolled in College[5]

(674,000 in College/2,082,000 Total)

1.37 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Females enrolled in College to Black Males[6].

(930,000 Black Females Enrolled/674,000 Black Males Enrolled)

6.3%: Black Males (age 18-55+) enroll in College at a higher rate by sex than White Males and Hispanic Males and are surpassed only by Asian Males[7].

(Black Males is 6.3%, White Males is 5.8%, Hispanic Males is 4.7%, and Asian Males is 9.7%)

25.1% of Black Males (age 25 or over) have either an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Professional, or Doctoral Degree[8].

(2,519,000 with Degrees/10,018,000 Total)

82.1% of Black Males (age 18 or over) have at least a High School Diploma or GED[9] .

(9,897,000 with HS Diploma or GED/12,044,000 Total)

12.1%: The Black Male Dropout Rate[10] (ages 16-24) for 2008.

(301,000 Dropouts/2,583,000 Total)[11]

5.1%: Percent of married Black Men who marry White Women[12]

(279,000 Black Husband-White Wife/5,654,000 Married Black Men)

88.8%: Percent of Black Males earning income[13] ages 25-64 (employment)

(7,899,000 Employed/8,893,000 Total)

$23,738: Average Income for Black Males[14] 15 and older

$19,470 Average Income Black Females

1,812,000 The number of Black Men making $50,000/year or more[15]
71.6% of Black Men pay their agreed to or Court Awarded Child Support[16]

(855,000 Payers/1,194,000 Recipients)

$253 Billion: Total Income earned by Black Males[17] (15 and over)

($262 Billion earned by Black Females)

13,104,000 Total Black Men age 15 or over[18]

(15,816,000 Total Black Females age 15 or over)

[1] National Center for Education Statistics: iPeds data set, March 2011 – reporting Scholastic Year 2009

[2] Bureau of Justice Statistics: Prison and Inmates at Midyear 2009 – June 2010)

[3] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[4] Bureau of Justice Statistics: Prison and Inmates at Midyear 2009 – June 2010

[5] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[6] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[7] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[8] U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, 2009 Annual Social and Economic Supplement

[9] U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, 2009 Annual Social and Economic Supplement

[10] National Center for Education Statistics: Table A-19-2. Number of status dropouts and status dropout rates of 16-through 24-year-olds – American Community Survey (ACS) 2008)

[11] 2,583,000 includes individuals reporting Black A.O.I.C. US Census data are individuals reporting Black Alone

[12] U.S. Census Bureau, Annual Social and Economic Supplement: 2003 Current Population Survey, Current Population Reports, Series P20-553, “America’s Families and Living Arrangements: 2003″ and earlier reports.

[13] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-01. Selected Characteristics of People 15 Years Old and Over by Total Money Income in 2009, Work Experience in 2009, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[14] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-01. Selected Characteristics of People 15 Years Old and Over by Total Money Income in 2009, Work Experience in 2009, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[15] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-05. Work Experience in 2009–People 15 Years Old and Over by Total Money Earnings in 2009, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[16] U.S. Census Bureau, Child Support Payments Agreed to or Awarded Custodial Parents by Selected Characteristics and Sex: 2007

[17] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-08. Source of Income in 2009-People 15 Years Old and Over, By Income of Specified Type in 2009, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[18] U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, Annual Social and Economic Supplement, 2009.

Hood-Winked « Black Men In America

Good statistics and fine information, but it's not me and those whites that think like me that you have to convince. Iit's the 33% of negro males who commit crimes you have to convince, then and only then, will you get the inner city black youth to aspire to being more than a street corner thug.

I don't have to convince criminal Black people any more than you have to convince criminal White people. I laugh at these stats about t"the Blacks", because where I grew up most of the criminals were white people. From the Pagans, to the Kubekas carting company, and other sons and daughters of lower and middle level cosa types, those were the majority of the law breakers where I grew up.

ETA: Do you remember that big Pagan funeral in the early 1980's? That happened in my home town.

Last edited:
Good point. I like asking these bastards what they THEMSELVES HAVE DONE TO BETTER THIS SOCIETY. They like to knock other races, but how are they as INDIVIDUALS. Are they really any better than the people they hate? Here's a quick occupational sample from my Black relatives; Lawyer, small business owner, correction officer, teacher, works for MTV in marketing, etc.
How are these white racist bastards better than any of my relatives? I own my own business as well, so does my little sister, I'm a decent law abiding citizen, I'm mixed race, but by all intents and purposes BLACK man. How are these White racist bastards any better than me? I don't need to make any excuses or garner any responsibility for Black criminals than they do for those sick White perverts.

Projections Put Whites in Minority in U.S. by 2050, I imagine that the white racists are hoping that when they find themselves in the minority they will not experience the same systematic oppression that they imposed on other races when they held the majority population.

Bad news for the blacks seeing that it will be cacausion hispanics that make up the majority and they detest blacks more than the whites do for the most part.

Then why did the majority of "them" vote for Black Obama over White Romney? :lol:

Are you stating that Blacks and Hispanics should be deprived of their Second Amendment rights? If so, what about the white gangbangers and criminals? Should we outlaw them too? Or are you asserting that White people don't commit violent crimes?

Why is it when some one points out problems among specific groups, the idiots out there jump to the conclusion that "ALL" of that group is being targeted?

Single parent homes are probably a huge factor in these statistics. Not belonging to an organized religion (classes, events, social groups), probably has a lot to do with these facts. Economic factors (see single parent) probably have a lot to do with these facts.

Again, when the obvious is presented, the idiots want to deny them. I thought it was you guys that are telling us "science" is so important; science deals in FACTS.

Well "genius" whe you have those people following up with the comments below, it's a pretty easy conclusion to come to.

"the negro on the other hand has no redeeming qualities ."

" Blacks have no shame or wanting to diss this kind of violence. As long as it happens to whitey they're happy."

"when is the black culture going to decide that their favourite crimes are unacceptable and do something about it?"

Yeah, there is some that 'match the crap' coming from the blacks like Jamie Foxx, Spike Lee and screwy lewy (Louis Farahkann). Most of the posters here weren't about that. The ones that were used postings that were similar to postings from those that claim to be black (Salt Jones was one), and were probably used to goad those "blacks".

As for the "black" culture thing, that is what whites are told when ever they try to talk "reason". It is a falsehood perpetuated by the hate mongers on the "blacks" (similar to the KKK attracting idiots from the "whites"), that are using hate to collect money and status. Instead of having a conversation and suggesting ways to get more "blacks" to consider this is a problem, and needs the "black" culture to address it, the excuses and name calling starts.

All of us on this board have been insulted, and since we cannot see each other, it is based on our words and the descriptions we give. If insults will interupt your ability to reason, I think it will be hard for you to function in society. Some things "whites" say that are "insulting" to "blacks" is not done with malice, but with ignorance (most whites are not invited into black communities or homes, and do not know the subjects that are "sensitive" to "blacks". Some of us feel that "truth" is more important that another's "feelings", and just put it out there. Discuss it, find a way to work with it, or fix it. Way too many people in this country (not just "blacks") do not want to discuss facts when it comes to serious issues that will affect the world in which our children will live. Please don't complain about problems, and then refuse to discuss the reasons we have those said problems.

If you live in GB, you guys have all of that "Big Brother" shit going on. I'm glad we are not there yet, but we are getting there.

On to this "Black Culture" shit; what "Black Culture" are you referring to? Gang banging? If so, gang banging is not a solely "Black thing", it goes across all racial lines. If one has spent time in Chinatown in NYC, one would know about the different street gangs and Triads. Somehow "the Blacks" are the most hated when in reality they have been the MOST FUCKED WITH by the culture of white people who despise them. I think a lot of this "hate" towards the Blacks, is really a coping mechanism for "white guilt".

The Blacks didn't go over to Europe and make the Europeans their slaves. The Blacks didn't colonize Europe and strip it of it's natural resources while at the same time treating the natives worse than animals and using the tactic of "divide and conquer" that those idiots fell for. The Blacks didn't beg the Europeans to bring them to America and make them slaves and treat them as less than human for centuries. The Blacks didn't ask those cocksuckers to humiliate them, brutalize them, kill them, and disenfranchise them of basic liberties that the White Founding Fathers considered as Natural Rights.

I find it funny that descendants from a bunch of people who have caused millions of deaths, committed millions, billions, and trillions in robbery, occupied and subjected other people in their lands and haven taken them abroad to do the same, now cry about the results of the actions that their ancestors started.

"Black culture" in America, IS American culture, it's a result of their experience living in a country with a White ruling class, that at times have been very hostile toward them. In spite of it all they STILL volunteered to fight for this country, even that wasn't enough for the "innocent" White ruling class and then henchmen in the lower socioeconomic levels. The still faced life as second class citizens, still faced lynchings and white riots (see Black Wall Street) , through it all there were and ARE successful Black people who made it through all of that bullshit. They are the real "Black Culture" in America.

Should the fucking "Honey Boo Bo" family be the representatives for White America? How about the cocksuckers who shot up the movie theater and those babies recently in Connecticut, should people start knocking White middle class culture because of those bastards?

Are there lowlifes in the "Black community" hell yeah there are, just like in any other community. If they break the law, seek justice through the law. That justice should be equal. Ron Paul agrees. Listen to him at 45 seconds into it:

Ron Paul Is a Racist agaisnt Black People MUST SEE!!!! - YouTube

Before some of you people talk about "Black violence and criminality" look at this video series and see the crimes against humanity perpetrated by White Culture.:
The History of the United States ~ Chapter 1 - World War II - YouTube

I laugh when some of the ignorant and bigoted dolts say this "Why do dey gotta call demselves Afwickan Amwericwans, instead of just Americans?" regarding "the Blacks" calling themselves African Americans, maybe it's because those same cocksuckers never treated them as fellow Americans. It's quite telling that 70+ percent of Jews, Asians, Hispanics, Blacks, and probably American Indians, voted for Obama instead of the republicans.

You people should be shamed of yourselves and embarrassed that you have to hide behind "race" and racism to make yourselves feel better for your own individual shortcomings. I think a lot of the most venomous bigots are frustrated because they are no better and probably than "That ****** walking down the street with his pants hanging down off of his ass with Walkmans on a rapping.".

So people can take this stupid racial statistics and shove it up their asses. How the fuck are you people as INDIVIDUALS?

I find it sad. People that have never been slaves; people whose parents have never been slaves are still crying about something that happened over a century ago. They have the same opportunities that MOST whites have: to be bullied in school, to be humiliated in school, to find subjects that interest them in school, to overcome the bullying and humiliation by focusing on what interests them, and working towards living apart from those that humiliated and bullied them in school. Once they GRADUATE, they have opportunities to join the military or get a college education. They have the opportunity to start working at a "dead end" job and stay there until finance or boredom encourage them to reach for a better position. Once they have "worked" in different jobs, they have the same opportunities to continue their education thru night school, or specialized courses. They are "free" to invest their earnings in their futures (not tatoos, not hair treatments, not nail treatments), as any "white".

When this is pointed out, the IGNORANT (means they choose to stay in a state of unknowing), cry about how hard it is. Ask your 99% of white people if they were humiliated or bullied in school. Ask them if they were ever called nasty names. Ask them if there was anyone holding their hand to "success". Ask them if they ever felt discrimminated against (some will tell you that they were passed over for "affirmative action", so that less qualified, correctly colored people could be in better positions), or had people insult them over their appearance. Bad experiences are not an excuse to lie down and hold out your hand. Bad experiences are a challenge to show you what you can do in spite of difficulties. Millions of blacks, hispanics, whites, yellows, reds have done this, and are thrilled to be able to go to work every day, so that they can support their own families, and not take from others. What is your excuse for decendents [all of the races have been enslaved at some point in history, and there are still slaves (sold by their own people to muslim slave traders in Africa, not that you would mention that point) in many places in the world] of slaves, now?

I find it sad that dishonest bigots want to run back to that "the slaves were freed over a century ago." crap. They leave out the other 100 plus years after slavery when they were still fucked with and treated as less than American citizens.

The Black and Mixed race people in my family come from white collar and blue collar backgrounds, they are NOTHING like the narrative that some White bigots are trying to make about "the Blacks".

Read this and educate yourself:

Why do I have to have an "excuse" for other people?

I find it sad and dishonest that bigots want to claim that "blacks" do not have opportunities, are held back (affirmative action), and are blaming the way their ancestors were treated for their "personal" failures.

If you didn't have your nose out of joint, you might comprehend that this thread is NOT about the majority of blacks, hispanics, asians, or whites. It is about a small percentage of those groups. Unfortunately, the "percentages" from the blacks and asians are larger than the other groups. Instead of trying to discuss why this is, and figure out ways to reduce this criminal behavior (because of the gov't we currently have, we need all the tax payers that we can get), you want to cry about what was done over one hundred years ago (when the majority of ex-slaves tried to live in communities that were exclusively black, and went into poverty over their "pride"), or in your grandparents time (mine lived thru the depression and were starving, too), and possibly in your parents time. Do you really think that no one else suffered harrassment or discrimination because of the way they "looked"? Do you really think that name-calling, or punks bullying is limited to "race"? Are there still racists? Hell, yes, and there are more vocal black racists (against whites) than the other way around (how many whites say they enjoyed killing all the other race on the set for a movie, or that we should be preparing for a race war? Racism will always exist, because all people need to hate, is an excuse, and looks are the easiest way to see that some one is not like you.

The one way that teaches us to overcome that with respect and love is being silenced in this country and around the world: Christianity. Only by living for the example of the Christ, can we reach for a better world, where hate is replaced by love for the fellow man.

Culturally unacceptable? Cut the rates dramatically? You have got to be kidding me. First of all culturally unacceptable is a matter of opinion. Drunk driving is the most dangerous crime there is and the most expensive. yet while you talk about gun control there is no drunk driving control. You can still DRIVE up to any bar in this country, PARK in the lot, go inside, get hammered, walk out, get in your car and go kill some one. As for cutting the rates dramatically? it is still the most dangerous crime on the books. Drunk driving kills more people every a year than murders and all other drugs combined. Yet we hardly ever discuss it. I guess it just a known that it is culturally unacceptable. We don't really need to do anything about it or say anything about it because you already know how I feel about it so lets discuss something else.
As for black culture and unacceptable crimes, Why do black folks have to do anything about it? Can't you be satisfied with just knowing that is unacceptable to us? You obviously know nothing about what goes on in black culture. You hear about the crime on the news but nothing of the aftermath in black neighborhoods. You know nothing of the town halls, the vigils, the church leaders and residents marching through the streets begging for something to be done. But the saying goes that "crime can never be stopped it can only be contained" So maybe you should thank those people in the hood that have to put up with all kinds of crime on the daily. After all as long as they do then you don't.

The people in the "hood" support the crimmals. You see it on the news, frequently: my boy would never hurt anyone...., my boy never jumped that man, he is just a little sweet boy (punk over 6 foot tall).... etc.

When the police try to clean up the "hood", they get closed doors and silence. the "hood" supports crimminal activity, and the people that live there keep it going.

Was she in the "hood"?

In the mid-1970s, Louise Bundy was a married mother of five working as a secretary at the University of Puget Sound when authorities across the nation began to accuse her eldest son in a series of gruesome killings.

For years, she refused to believe the charges.

"Ted Bundy does not go around killing women and little children!"
she told The News Tribune in 1980 after Ted Bundy was convicted in the Florida killings. "And I know this, too, that our never-ending faith in Ted - our faith that he is innocent - has never wavered. And it never will."

Louise Bundy spoke with him twice on his execution day, telling him at the end of the second call, "You'll always be my precious son."

She's not the only white mother to do this.................. Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

Nice dodge. Did I say that this only happened in the "hood"? NO, I did not. I said that was one of the problems with urban parents (usually a single mother that does not know where her children have been because she is bustin' her bottom to keep it together). And in case you are still having problems, comprehending, I did not say that single mothers are only found in the "hood" either (and the ones outside of the hood are more prone to have problems with their children than married, biological parents also).

The white race has "systematically oppressed" more racial groups then ANY other racial group has in the world.:cool:

Good point. I like asking these bastards what they THEMSELVES HAVE DONE TO BETTER THIS SOCIETY. They like to knock other races, but how are they as INDIVIDUALS. Are they really any better than the people they hate? Here's a quick occupational sample from my Black relatives; Lawyer, small business owner, correction officer, teacher, works for MTV in marketing, etc.
How are these white racist bastards better than any of my relatives? I own my own business as well, so does my little sister, I'm a decent law abiding citizen, I'm mixed race, but by all intents and purposes BLACK man. How are these White racist bastards any better than me? I don't need to make any excuses or garner any responsibility for Black criminals than they do for those sick White perverts.

Projections Put Whites in Minority in U.S. by 2050, I imagine that the white racists are hoping that when they find themselves in the minority they will not experience the same systematic oppression that they imposed on other races when they held the majority population.

Yet, already some hispanics and blacks are stating they have plans to do just that...... Sad the people that are trying to put racism down to an insecurity will be the ones tortured for the perceived sins of those of the same color (many who came to this country after slavery was illegal).

Why has the white race systematically oppressed more racial groups than any other racial group has in the world?

They were surrounded and fought back?

When and where and by which groups did this take systematic oppression that surrounded the white race take place ?

The monguls pushed into Europe, crushing communities and enslaving Europeans as they moved.

The moors conquered the coastal areas of Europe and Great Britain, and were working towards the interior of Europe when they were finally defeated.

The muslims systematically raped, pillaged, conquered and enslaved the relatively peaceful Christians (and any other religion) that lived in the lands surrounding the Mediterranean sea, and then into eastern Europe (the Crusades were a DEFENSIVE measure).

Okay, that covers Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. I would say that the Europeans were surrounded, and fought with the same methods that were used on them by these adversaries, not that you would let the truth get in the way of a good story!

They were surrounded and fought back?

When and where and by which groups did this take systematic oppression that surrounded the white race take place ?

The monguls pushed into Europe, crushing communities and enslaving Europeans as they moved.

The moors conquered the coastal areas of Europe and Great Britain, and were working towards the interior of Europe when they were finally defeated.

The muslims systematically raped, pillaged, conquered and enslaved the relatively peaceful Christians (and any other religion) that lived in the lands surrounding the Mediterranean sea, and then into eastern Europe (the Crusades were a DEFENSIVE measure).

Okay, that covers Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. I would say that the Europeans were surrounded, and fought with the same methods that were used on them by these adversaries, not that you would let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Apparently you do not know what "systematic oppression" is and how it is used in a socially constructed environment. :dunno:

Dumbass, you don't need to personally know EVERY negro, nor even know the majority of them, to KNOW that their contributions to our crime rates is way out of proportion to their numbers and that their dependence on public assistance is also way out of proporiton to their numbers. It is also not neccessary to know them all personally to recognize that their culture seems to breed an inordinately large amount of people who are criminal minded, lazy, shiftless, entitlement minded citizens that have no respect for law and order, no strong work ethic, no inkling of what personal responsiblity means and little or no respect for themselves, their neighborhoods, their families or authority in general. I would not go so far as to say negroes have no redeeming qualities, but I would say that the negro culture has no redeeming qualities. Some negroes have actually turned their backs on their culture and have embraced the white man's culture and are doing pretty good, but the fact remains, scratch the surface of even one of these, and you can ususally see the ****** under the veneer of civility.

Clearly you know almost nothing about culture and especially the cultures of others. What tells you this as anything to do with culture, its obviously a manner of average behavior?
Might have been a good idea to at least look up the definition of the word culture, BEFORE you told me this.
culture- 1. the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education: 2. A. the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture> c : the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization or people's.[/COLOR

]If people in these threads seriously cared about these issues there would have been some suggestions or some kind of understanding. Don't tell me that's what you or Matthew/Duped have been attempting, all you guys seem to care about is white superiority and no ones going to listen to you if just insult their race. Others here usually either deny it or throw insults. These meaningless threads go on forever and result in nothing.Here's the thing bud, I don't give a crap about "understanding" the failures of the negro culture. I do my best to avoid it and them. ONLY the negroes can change their culture. The liberals have been trying for decades by throwing tax payer money at the problem and that's of course been a dismal failure. Only they can change the things they place value on. Only they can instill in their children a respect for authority, education, law and order and respect for themselves, their neighbors and their communities. As for insulting their race, the fact that they allow themeselves to live the way they do, and the way they raise their children to be little thugs who think the world owes them something insults me and every other hard working, decent American in this nation, I'm just not poltiically correct enough to poo poo the matter. .

What isn't involved here is belief. Do you really think any people believe that crime would benefit their community, society, or culture? Criminals don't care who wants to change their culture. The conditions of these communities involve crime and no matter who wants to change this criminals will not be any of them. Criminals(black or not) know what they'er doing to the community and no matter what the law-abiding citizens want to change, criminals(like in every society) will continue to break laws. Black criminals don't care if other blacks oppose their actions just like other criminals don't care who opposes their actions. You hold a group responsible for what is out of their control. If these crime rates are to be reduced it requires a national effort.

Most African-Americans have a challenging, if not impossible time summarizing our collective experience into one positive statement of group-worth. Sadly if I were to ask you the same question about other racial groups, you would rattle off quickly “smart,” “hard-working,” “and “good with money.” This is a testament to how we have allowed Black identity to be twisted and maligned, while also adopting this societal defamation of character as our own belief set.

So with that, I believe that it is absolutely necessary for another message to be forwarded about what is means to be Black in America. WE can no longer depend on any organization, any government or any media outlet to shine the positive light of who WE are. WE can no longer afford to define ourselves by our shortcomings. WE have got to shout confidently, that WE are much more than the incarcerated, the uneducated, or the prime time buffoon.

My final challenge to you, as a Black American, would be this. If XYZ actor gets caught cheating on their spouse, you head right to the local internet search engine to fact-check the story. The Internet has become the great equalizer in this struggle, and your government has made most data freely accessible. The next time you hear any data or statistics about Blacks, anywhere, be just as diligent in your search to confirm or dismiss the story. Because, as I see it, the ratings, the notoriety, and the funding will always promote the negative statistics about Black Americans.

In closing, here are some verified African American Male statistics on education, economics and employment. Statistics you probably have never heard. Statistics I would challenge you to try discussing on your next visit to the local stylist, academic setting, or community activist meeting. What will sadden you most is to watch the debate, watch the resistance, and watch the denial from people who desire most to hold on to false claims about us… myths, stereotypes and misinformation that only perpetuates the denigration of us all.

· There are more Black Males in College[1] than in Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane combined[2] (1,236,443 in College/841,000 Incarcerates – regardless of age)

· 4 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Males in College[3] vs. Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane[4].

(674,000 in College/164,400 Incarcerates)

32.3% (1 in 3) Black Males ages 18-24 are enrolled in College[5]

(674,000 in College/2,082,000 Total)

1.37 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Females enrolled in College to Black Males[6].

(930,000 Black Females Enrolled/674,000 Black Males Enrolled)

6.3%: Black Males (age 18-55+) enroll in College at a higher rate by sex than White Males and Hispanic Males and are surpassed only by Asian Males[7].

(Black Males is 6.3%, White Males is 5.8%, Hispanic Males is 4.7%, and Asian Males is 9.7%)

25.1% of Black Males (age 25 or over) have either an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Professional, or Doctoral Degree[8].

(2,519,000 with Degrees/10,018,000 Total)

82.1% of Black Males (age 18 or over) have at least a High School Diploma or GED[9] .

(9,897,000 with HS Diploma or GED/12,044,000 Total)

12.1%: The Black Male Dropout Rate[10] (ages 16-24) for 2008.

(301,000 Dropouts/2,583,000 Total)[11]

5.1%: Percent of married Black Men who marry White Women[12]

(279,000 Black Husband-White Wife/5,654,000 Married Black Men)

88.8%: Percent of Black Males earning income[13] ages 25-64 (employment)

(7,899,000 Employed/8,893,000 Total)

$23,738: Average Income for Black Males[14] 15 and older

$19,470 Average Income Black Females

1,812,000 The number of Black Men making $50,000/year or more[15]
71.6% of Black Men pay their agreed to or Court Awarded Child Support[16]

(855,000 Payers/1,194,000 Recipients)

$253 Billion: Total Income earned by Black Males[17] (15 and over)

($262 Billion earned by Black Females)

13,104,000 Total Black Men age 15 or over[18]

(15,816,000 Total Black Females age 15 or over)

[1] National Center for Education Statistics: iPeds data set, March 2011 – reporting Scholastic Year 2009

[2] Bureau of Justice Statistics: Prison and Inmates at Midyear 2009 – June 2010)

[3] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[4] Bureau of Justice Statistics: Prison and Inmates at Midyear 2009 – June 2010

[5] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[6] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[7] US Census Bureau: American Community Survey: Table 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2009

[8] U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, 2009 Annual Social and Economic Supplement

[9] U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, 2009 Annual Social and Economic Supplement

[10] National Center for Education Statistics: Table A-19-2. Number of status dropouts and status dropout rates of 16-through 24-year-olds – American Community Survey (ACS) 2008)

[11] 2,583,000 includes individuals reporting Black A.O.I.C. US Census data are individuals reporting Black Alone

[12] U.S. Census Bureau, Annual Social and Economic Supplement: 2003 Current Population Survey, Current Population Reports, Series P20-553, “America’s Families and Living Arrangements: 2003&#8243; and earlier reports.

[13] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-01. Selected Characteristics of People 15 Years Old and Over by Total Money Income in 2009, Work Experience in 2009, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[14] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-01. Selected Characteristics of People 15 Years Old and Over by Total Money Income in 2009, Work Experience in 2009, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[15] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-05. Work Experience in 2009–People 15 Years Old and Over by Total Money Earnings in 2009, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[16] U.S. Census Bureau, Child Support Payments Agreed to or Awarded Custodial Parents by Selected Characteristics and Sex: 2007

[17] U.S. Census Bureau, PINC-08. Source of Income in 2009-People 15 Years Old and Over, By Income of Specified Type in 2009, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex

[18] U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, Annual Social and Economic Supplement, 2009.

Good statistics and fine information, but it's not me and those whites that think like me that you have to convince. Iit's the 33% of negro males who commit crimes you have to convince, then and only then, will you get the inner city black youth to aspire to being more than a street corner thug.

I don't have to convince criminal Black people any more than you have to convince criminal White people. I laugh at these stats about t"the Blacks", because where I grew up most of the criminals were white people. From the Pagans, to the Kubekas carting company, and other sons and daughters of lower and middle level cosa types, those were the majority of the law breakers where I grew up.

ETA: Do you remember that big Pagan funeral in the early 1980's? That happened in my home town.

No I was overseas most of the early 80's. I know the pagans are a violent criminal gang, but to put the numbers in perspective, the FBI says their membership Nationwide is about 200-250 members in 41 chapters in 11 states. Hell I know Latin King sets, not the whole gang, just sub-sets of the Latin Kings, and sets in the Crips the Bloods for that matter, that have twice that number, so OMG's aren't that big a problem nationwide and for that matter, in the communities they reside in either. I grew up about a mile from the NYC chapter of the Hell's Angels and never heard much about them committing street level crimes. You can laugh all you want about the "stats" and most of the criminals being white where you grew up, but that's probably because you grew up in a lily white area of the Island. I KNOW you didn't grow up in Wyandanch that's for sure. With that said, I have no problem with having law enforcement execute every white. patch holding 1%er in the nation along with the rest of the gang scum. Criminal scum is criminal scum far as I'm concerned, black, white, brown, yellow or green. Violent predatory scumbags have no business living in society with decent people. As for your statistics, they paint a picture of a, well I can't say small minority, because though a minority, it's a large minority of the black community making life miserable for the rest of the blacks, (seeing that fellow blacks are their most prevelent victims), not to mention everyone else, by their continued criminal lifestyle, so I would think you would want to see that segment of the black community taken off the streets and out of society forever.

Bad news for the blacks seeing that it will be cacausion hispanics that make up the majority and they detest blacks more than the whites do for the most part.

Then why did the majority of "them" vote for Black Obama over White Romney? :lol:

For the same reason almost every black did, they want free shit.

Clearly you know almost nothing about culture and especially the cultures of others. What tells you this as anything to do with culture, its obviously a manner of average behavior?
Might have been a good idea to at least look up the definition of the word culture, BEFORE you told me this.
culture- 1. the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education: 2. A. the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture> c : the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization or people's.[/COLOR

]If people in these threads seriously cared about these issues there would have been some suggestions or some kind of understanding. Don't tell me that's what you or Matthew/Duped have been attempting, all you guys seem to care about is white superiority and no ones going to listen to you if just insult their race. Others here usually either deny it or throw insults. These meaningless threads go on forever and result in nothing.Here's the thing bud, I don't give a crap about "understanding" the failures of the negro culture. I do my best to avoid it and them. ONLY the negroes can change their culture. The liberals have been trying for decades by throwing tax payer money at the problem and that's of course been a dismal failure. Only they can change the things they place value on. Only they can instill in their children a respect for authority, education, law and order and respect for themselves, their neighbors and their communities. As for insulting their race, the fact that they allow themeselves to live the way they do, and the way they raise their children to be little thugs who think the world owes them something insults me and every other hard working, decent American in this nation, I'm just not poltiically correct enough to poo poo the matter. .

What isn't involved here is belief. Do you really think any people believe that crime would benefit their community, society, or culture? Criminals don't care who wants to change their culture. The conditions of these communities involve crime and no matter who wants to change this criminals will not be any of them. Criminals(black or not) know what they'er doing to the community and no matter what the law-abiding citizens want to change, criminals(like in every society) will continue to break laws. Black criminals don't care if other blacks oppose their actions just like other criminals don't care who opposes their actions. You hold a group responsible for what is out of their control. If these crime rates are to be reduced it requires a national effort.

I can see your perspective must come from books, not real life experiance. Mine on the other hand comes from having lived with and around these people. Here's the facts. When the kids on the corner, and the pretty woman in the neighborhood look at Mr. Johnson from apt 2A busting his ass driving an MTA bus everyday, struggling to put food on the table for his four kids, who go to school in hand me downs on their bodies and skippys on their feet, held down by the man doing a 9-5, then they look at ole Tyrone Jabongey in his flash BMW, sporting bling on his fingers, wrist and neck, with a hot girl on each arm, handing out turkeys on thanksgiving and toys on Christmas in the community that praises and thanks him for his generosity, and who calls Mr Johnson an Uncle Tom sucka, you get a generation of kids that believe a life of crime is accetpable and a large proportion of young woman who would rather be with Tyrone than Mr Johnson, once again showing that the criminal is more accetable than the hard working Uncle Tom. When you grow up in a culture where your mom, dad, uncles and cousins are all Bloods, or Crips, yeah, you end up believing a criminal lifestyle is a good thing. When you grow up in a culture that calls those who strive to do good in school, either Uncle Toms or accuse them of trying to act white, yeah, you get a generation of kids that think a life of crime is their legacy. THAT is the black culture of the inner city. When kids grow up hearing stories about so and so being gone for 4yrs or 6yrs, and it's to prison and NOT the Military, and who then listen raptly to the stories of prison life when these scumbags get back, yeah, you get a generation that considers doing time a right of passage and the cost of doing bidness. The ONLY way to change the culture, is to remove the cancer that is eating away at the black youth fo the next generation, teaching them a way of life that will guarantee them a life of pain, misery and prison.

Blacks as a whole are the least capable people on the plannet - look no further than any black controlled nations.

Next time you shop for a house, tell the agent that you want to live in a predominately black neighborhood that is low in crime - good luck with that!

Blacks claim part blacks as their own - Tiger Woods, Obamaturd, Colin Powell etc. etc. etc. What percentage of pure negros are successful - the ones that look like Kunta Kinte? What does that tell you? It tells me that they mix up!

What percentage of blacks are in the most intelectual displines?

How many chess grandmasters are there - has there ever been a world champion - or how abot the top 50?

If your part black, and that makes you mad - tough shit! I think all violent repeat ofenders need to be executed regardless of color, and all poor people should not be allowed to have children - who the fuck is suppose to pay for them?

Indivisuals are not equal, races are not equal - that is a fucking fantacy, and anyone that tries to assert that has issues! The human race as a whole sucks, and we alll deserve to die!

Forum List

Back