Creator Of Infamous "Hope" Poster Lashes Out At Obama

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
LMAO :badgrin:

-Geaux
============

Before the people realized that behind the "most transparent administration ever" there was nothing but double seasonal adjustments, drones and an impenetrable layer of propaganda and lies, there was...

And change, of course.

Sadly, at some point over the past six years the hope died, first for the people (if not the bankers), and then for the creator of the infamous "Hope" poster himself, Shepard Fairey who told Esquire magazine in an interview that Obama has not come even close to embodying the break with the past administration that Fairey and so many voters hoped he would.

"I mean, drones and domestic spying are the last things I would have thought [he'd support]."

Creator Of Infamous Hope Poster Lashes Out At Obama Calls Americans Ignorant And Lazy Zero Hedge

Probably about as disappointed as every other supporter as a president has been when the president's ideals meets reality.

Hey, remember when Bush-43 said "Nation Building" was a bad thing

Or Bush-41 said, "Read my lips, no new taxes!"

Let's see now.

Unemployment is down to 5.4%
Dow is up to 18,000
We are out of Iraq and Afghanistan
We have universal health care and my insurance carrier can't cancel my coverage for a pre-existing condition.

I'd say, working out pretty good.

In reality:

The real (U6) unemployment rate is over 10%. Chart What s the real unemployment rate Or maybe over 15%. Can we even tell? At this point, what difference does it make? Jobs The Real Unemployment Rate Please Anyone - Forbes
Dow is up; the multitude of low income stock holders are very happy about this.
We have turned our backs on Iraq and Afghanistan. We are waiting for an adult to clean up the resulting mess.
Money has been extorted from everyone paying for heath care through higher premiums and deductibles so that some who could not afford heath care could undeservingly get it. Adults are needed to clean this up, too.

Reality always trumps illusion.

In reality:

The real (U6) unemployment rate is over 10%. Chart What s the real unemployment rate Or maybe over 15%. Can we even tell? At this point, what difference does it make? Jobs The Real Unemployment Rate Please Anyone - Forbes

Guy, you can't drag up a new number because the number we've been using for 80 years doesn't say what you want.

Dow is up; the multitude of low income stock holders are very happy about this.

Yes, it is. Thanks Obama. It went from 6000, where Bush had allowed it to crash to, to 18K.

We have turned our backs on Iraq and Afghanistan. We are waiting for an adult to clean up the resulting mess.

Uh, guy, if the Iraqis and Afghanis don't give a fuck about their democracy or freedom, why should we?

Money has been extorted from everyone paying for heath care through higher premiums and deductibles so that some who could not afford heath care could undeservingly get it. Adults are needed to clean this up, too.

Reality always trumps illusion.

Uh, guy, everyone deserves health coverage. The notion that poor children should die of treatable diseases because it might cut into the profits of a big greedy insurance company is insane.

LMAO :badgrin:

-Geaux
============

Before the people realized that behind the "most transparent administration ever" there was nothing but double seasonal adjustments, drones and an impenetrable layer of propaganda and lies, there was...

And change, of course.

Sadly, at some point over the past six years the hope died, first for the people (if not the bankers), and then for the creator of the infamous "Hope" poster himself, Shepard Fairey who told Esquire magazine in an interview that Obama has not come even close to embodying the break with the past administration that Fairey and so many voters hoped he would.

"I mean, drones and domestic spying are the last things I would have thought [he'd support]."

Creator Of Infamous Hope Poster Lashes Out At Obama Calls Americans Ignorant And Lazy Zero Hedge

It is a case of reality meeting ideology.

And just how is that Hopey Changie thing workin out for ya?

Let's see now.

Unemployment is down to 5.4%
Dow is up to 18,000
We are out of Iraq and Afghanistan
We have universal health care and my insurance carrier can't cancel my coverage for a pre-existing condition.

I'd say, working out pretty good.

Low paying jobs, the job participation rate has reached an all time low.

We are not out of Afghanistan, where in the Hell do you get your propaganda they are lying to you. There were two fatalities this year with one in May. Granted Obama has declared failure in Afghanistan, after his surge and a surge in casualties, and he did withdraw some troops but we are hardly out.

The only people for Obamacare are those who either get heavy subsidizes or already have employer provided health care. Other then that nothing much changed except people are forced to buy insurance with really high deductibles for a high price. As for the pre-condition rule, that could have been passed with a one sentence bill not a huge unfunded POS.

I would say that looking at the country as a whole we are in pretty bad shape. Wall street seems to be OK but the poor, they are rioting. That is a clear sign of a collapse of society. So no, not everything is working pretty good except in a partisan delusional world.

Last edited:
Low paying jobs, the job participation rate has reached an all time low.

Yes, let's raise the bar for the black guy. Okay, get real here, labor participation rate has been going down for years because the population is aging. Amongst those who can work, it's gone down. I pass by dozens of help wanted signs every day.

We are not out of Afghanistan, where in the Hell do you get your propaganda they are lying to you. There were two fatalities this year with one in May. Granted Obama has declared failure in Afghanistan, after his surge and a surge in casualties, and he did with withdraw some troops but we are hardly out.

We've ended combat operations and it's just advisors now. Obama cleaned up Bush's messes.

The only people for Obamacare are those who either get heavy subsidizes or already have employer provided health care. Other then that nothing much changed except people are forced to buy insurance with really high deductibles for a high price. As for the pre-condition rule, that could have been passed with a one sentence bill not a huge unfunded POS.

Yet, Republicans never passed that one sentence law. I know people who coldn't get insurance before who can now. I know that my insurance carrier can't fuck me like my insurance company at my last job did.

I would say that looking at the country as a whole we are in pretty bad shape. Wall street seems to be OK but the poor, they are rioting. That is a clear sign of a collapse of society. So no, not everything is working pretty good except in a partisan delusional world.

People are rioting because they have something they should be pissed off about. That's a healthy sign - if we pay attention and fix it.

Yes, let's raise the bar for the black guy. Okay, get real here, labor participation rate has been going down for years because the population is aging. Amongst those who can work, it's gone down. I pass by dozens of help wanted signs every day.

Actually what you want to do is lower the bar for the black guy, nice display of your inner racism.

Here from the BLS:

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2005_2015_all_period_M04_data.gif

Apparently since the black guy took office people started aging.

Question: What is the Labor Force Participation Rate?

Answer: The labor force participation rate is the percentage of working-age persons in an economy who:

• Are employed
  • Are unemployed but looking for a job
Typically "working-age persons" is defined as people between the ages of 16-64. People in those age groups who are not counted as participating in the labor force are typically students, homemakers, and persons under the age of 64 who are retired.

In the United States the labor force participation rate is usually around 67-68%.

What is the Labor Force Participation Rate

I realize that the left wing propagandists have created the lie of an aging population effecting the job participation rate but as you should be able to CLEARLY see they are lying to YOU. It is one thing to be told a lie and believe it but now that you know the truth to continue in that lie would make you a what?

We are not out of Afghanistan, where in the Hell do you get your propaganda they are lying to you. There were two fatalities this year with one in May. Granted Obama has declared failure in Afghanistan, after his surge and a surge in casualties, and he did with withdraw some troops but we are hardly out.

We've ended combat operations and it's just advisors now. Obama cleaned up Bush's messes.

Wait a second, I thought the excuse for Obama abandoning Iraq was that GWB agreed to the withdraw time table. Now you are saying it was just "cleaning up a mess?" Really? What is wrong with you people. I guess it is OK if a person is killed as an adviser in liberal land. Never the less you said that the US is out, we are not. Again your propagandists at the DNC are lying to you.

Yet, Republicans never passed that one sentence law. I know people who coldn't get insurance before who can now. I know that my insurance carrier can't fuck me like my insurance company at my last job did.

I also know a person who lost her job and couldn't get Obamacare until she did get a job. Just because you say you know people who got insurance doesn't change anything. Either they are paying a whole lot or got subsidized.

People are rioting because they have something they should be pissed off about. That's a healthy sign - if we pay attention and fix it.[/QUOTE]

Me thinks if this were during GWB's term you would not be as polite.

This guy is saying Obama was not liberal enough

Is that what the right is celebrating?

Probably about as disappointed as every other supporter as a president has been when the president's ideals meets reality.

Obama blows, therefore Booosh

Yeah, never heard that one before

This guy is saying Obama was not liberal enough

Is that what the right is celebrating?
It would be closer to state that he is upset because he is doing the same shit Bush did.

And yes, that is what they are pointing out. The same shit that the likes of you do when you make Obama one of the best presidents ever and Bush one of the worst even though most of their policy is quite similar.

anyone seen what other stuff this idiot puts out as his: works of art?

the only reason he's upset with Obambam is he didn't go far enough left into Fascism/communism for his "visions" of that Messiah he drew into a poster

Actually what you want to do is lower the bar for the black guy, nice display of your inner racism.

Here from the BLS:

Answer: The labor force participation rate is the percentage of working-age persons in an economy who:

• Are employed
Typically "working-age persons" is defined as people between the ages of 16-64. People in those age groups who are not counted as participating in the labor force are typically students, homemakers, and persons under the age of 64 who are retired.
Except the U.S. has no upper limit. So the Labor Force Participation rate is not the percent of "working age" in the labor force, but the percent of those 16 and older not in the military, prison or institution who are in the labor force.

There's no "usually," It was rising from 1947 (first available data) until 2000, and has been falling since then.

One more time: The Population are those people age 16 and older who are not in the military, or prison, or an institution. The Labor force are those who are working or looking for work. Everyone else in the Population is Not in the Labor Force. That does NOT mean they "dropped out" or are "really unemployed."

Here from the BLS:

• Are employed
Except the U.S. has no upper limit. So the Labor Force Participation rate is not the percent of "working age" in the labor force, but the percent of those 16 and older not in the military, prison or institution who are in the labor force.

There's no "usually," It was rising from 1947 (first available data) until 2000, and has been falling since then.

One more time: The Population are those people age 16 and older who are not in the military, or prison, or an institution. The Labor force are those who are working or looking for work. Everyone else in the Population is Not in the Labor Force. That does NOT mean they "dropped out" or are "really unemployed."

You were provided the chart from the BLS. You were provided an independent definition of Particpation Rate. You still make statement contrary to the truth, what else can be done for you?

Here from the BLS:

• Are employed

You were provided the chart from the BLS. You were provided an independent definition of Particpation Rate.
And that definition is WRONG as far as the U.S. is concerned. For most of Europe it is correct.

From the BLS Current Population Survey Frequently Asked Questions "Labor force measures are based on the civilian noninstitutional population 16 years old and over. (Excluded are persons under 16 years of age, all persons confined to institutions such as nursing homes and prisons, and persons on active duty in the Armed Forces.) The labor force is made up of the employed and the unemployed. The remainder—those who have no job and are not looking for one—are counted as "not in the labor force." Many who are not in the labor force are going to school or are retired. Family responsibilities keep others out of the labor force."

Do you see any upper limit there?

Or, more bluntly: A-13. Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population by age sex and race Note that it lists those in and not in the labor force for ages well over 65.

But if you're going to insist...show from BLS where they state the Labor Force Participation has any upper age limit.

Bush said we couldn't have troops stationed all over the world in nation building missions.

That is specifically what he said. I agree with that.

He did not say, that we do not engage in such mission, only that we can't be all over the world doing it.

As for Bush-41, yeah, I agree with that. One difference between the left and the right is, when a left-winger does it, the left makes up excuses. We voted Bush 41 out because he violated his promise.

What's your excuse for Obama again? Oh right, that's all you ever have is excuses.

Forum List

Back