Creation Anyone?

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
Creation?

I often wonder why my religious friends are so much against evolution and insist on the world being “divinely created”. Obviously the world was created as it's very being admits but how seems to be the sticking point.

The function of the world seems to be so very much at odds with the concept of a benign creator. Just look at it. The whole system from the very least to the very greatest rests upon one species devouring another, almost always while the devouree is still alive. Those not carnivores spend their time eating the plant life and who knows how that is for the plants.

It is one huge blood spattered planet of pain and suffering.

Are you sure you want to give YOUR god the credit for this?

Creation?

I often wonder why my religious friends are so much against evolution and insist on the world being “divinely created”. Obviously the world was created as it's very being admits but how seems to be the sticking point.

The function of the world seems to be so very much at odds with the concept of a benign creator. Just look at it. The whole system from the very least to the very greatest rests upon one species devouring another, almost always while the devouree is still alive. Those not carnivores spend their time eating the plant life and who knows how that is for the plants.

...and God said, "Got food?"

You gotta eat something! Rocks won't do!

If God or a god didn't create the planet all religion (with a creation story/explanation) goes bye-bye. Thus why many religious people cling to creationism despite ample scientific evidence refuting it.

Considering that the God I worship is a Master of Creation and a Master of Destruction, yeah, I Will to give YHWH credit for it. Evolution is an obvious truth but that doesn't mean that YHWH hasn't somehow played a part in it at some point.

Creation?

God being all powerful and able to do anything it is obvious that rocks could have been used. Again this does not say much for God's choices. (at least as far as we are concerned)

Considering that the God I worship is a Master of Creation and a Master of Destruction, yeah, I Will to give YHWH credit for it. Evolution is an obvious truth but that doesn't mean that YHWH hasn't somehow played a part in it at some point.
nOR DOES IT MEAN HE DID

If God or a god didn't create the planet all religion (with a creation story/explanation) goes bye-bye. Thus why many religious people cling to creationism despite ample scientific evidence refuting it.
If by creationism you mean the 6 day story, you may be right. That does not preclude God or a god from having a hand in the creation process...i.e. evolution. I believe God jump-started the universe and gave all things the ability to evolve in order to adapt to their surroundings. The study of the differing lengths of finch's beaks based on the differing sizes of seeds available for consumption in their habitats substantiates evolution. The fact that one particular bird species is the only one to have a compound-curved beak that fits precisely in one and only one species of flower that has a similarly compound-curved flower is no accident. My personal view is that God gave all life forms the ability to adapt. Others may hold that all the evolutionary changes in lifeforms happened purely by accident. (I say this is highly unlikely.)

Creation?

God being all powerful and able to do anything it is obvious that rocks could have been used. Again this does not say much for God's choices. (at least as far as we are concerned)
Rocks are for throwing, not eating.

Creation?

Rocks are for throwing, not eating.

Sez who?

Our primitive ancient ancestors worshiped the sun. That I can understand. I can see the sun. I pray it comes back every night. It keeps us warm, allows us to see. Without it we're dead.

As for what created the sun? Who knows? If you want to worship what made the earth and sun, go for it.

Just please don't tell me this creator visited you and told you that if I don't believe in it I'm going to suffer for eternity.

Our primitive ancient ancestors worshiped the sun. That I can understand. I can see the sun. I pray it comes back every night. It keeps us warm, allows us to see. Without it we're dead.

As for what created the sun? Who knows? If you want to worship what made the earth and sun, go for it.

Just please don't tell me this creator visited you and told you that if I don't believe in it I'm going to suffer for eternity.

OK, I won't..:eusa_angel:

I do not concern myself with other peoples' afterlives.

It may be interesting to discuss, but it is a pointless thing to argue about, what one will experience after Death.

It may be interesting to discuss, but it is a pointless thing to argue about, what one will experience after Death.

Are you a Muslim or Christian? I'm assuming you are not either?

Pagan

Yet I have absorbed things from Christianity and Islam. And Catholicism. And Judaism.

And many other religions.

Pagan

But I have absorbed things from Christianity and Islam. And Catholicism. And Judaism.

Is there anything about Pagan doctrine I would find offensive? If not, more power to ya.

Pagan

Yet I have absorbed things from Christianity and Islam. And Catholicism. And Judaism.

LOL. Look at the definition. Remember Aunt Esta from Sanford and Son? You old Heathen! LOL. :
a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.
synonyms:heathen, infidel,
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The function of the world seems to be so very much at odds with the concept of a benign creator. Just look at it.

who's soever "concept" of a benign Creator might you be referring to ... that has validity ?

the Triumpth of Good vs Evil is the underlying vision of what is being "looked at" where the outcome is not measured by the individual but as a composite where destiny is self determined if accomplished at all.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth......

do you have ample scientific evidence refuting this?.....

Forum List

Back