Crazy Bernie Shakes And Stutters Against Ted Cruz

Past Presidents--JFK, Reagan, G.W. Bush cut taxes to stimulate the economy. Today we have a fairly good economy--there's no need to cut taxes. I just don't see the sense in this. As before the middle class isn't going to get a huge tax cut, they never have. So this cut will go to large corporations on the pretense, (according to Cruz) that they'll keep jobs in this country. They won't it will still be much cheaper to manufacture overseas than in the U.S. because of our wages and payroll taxes.

This tax cut doesn't make any sense, especially if they're having to cut billions out of Medicade/Medicare to pay for it. Did everyone forget about that 21 TRILLION dollar deficit?

If Trump were to keep his word, he wouldn't sign off on cutting Medicaid and Medicare... But who expects him to keep his word on anything?

This bill just doesn't make any sense at all. All Presidents in the past cut taxes to stimulate the economy. We don't need it. The middle class isn't going to get a huge tax cut, they never have. Corporations aren't going to stay in the U.S. over a tax cut. The biggest expense to them is payroll, and payroll taxes--and that's why they go overseas.

But to cut billions out of Medicare/Medicade programs to pay for tax cuts for large corporations is to much too take. No talk at all about that 21 TRILLION dollar deficit. It's like it doesn't exist.

Or it could be that suicide there is not as frowned upon as it is here?

"71% of Denmark's population is in favor of legalizing assisted suicide."

Assisted suicide - Wikipedia

Which doesn't address the question if you are so happy why do you want to kill yourself. It's a pretty straight forward question don't you think?

It's not about the happy people killing themselves. Just because the all around group is happy, doesn't mean there aren't people within them that are unhappy.

This year the Cincinnati Reds had a .253 team batting average, does that mean they don't have a player on their team that his under .225?

Which doesn't address the question if you are so happy why do you want to kill yourself. It's a pretty straight forward question don't you think?

It's not about the happy people killing themselves. Just because the all around group is happy, doesn't mean there aren't people within them that are unhappy.

This year the Cincinnati Reds had a .253 team batting average, does that mean they don't have a player on their team that his under .225?

That's a really terrible analogy. Killing yourself is the ultimate act. I think there is a problem with how the "experts" measure "happiness". Every place they claim is "happy" is also prone to self oblivion. The two don't compute.

So let me get this straight...Cruz that wants to hand out tax cuts to corporations that outsourced, offshored and screw over the American worker is somehow right in your mind? lol...Apple and GE paid next to nothing the past few years and you think they should pay less or maybe get paid for screwing over America?

Cruz wants to turn America into a third world shit hole and let the robbers run away with the loot. Ted cruz is the liar and fool here.

Bernie Sanders had a bill to get drugs at cheaper costs, and even buy them from Canada... Congress rejected it. Fuck them, they are just tools for pharmaceutical lobbyist.

I agree with you on this. Congress is bought and paid for. That's why trump is doing what he is doing. Allowing people to buy health insurance across State lines will be one of the best things any one has done to reduce costs.

Total fantasy. You seriously have to be cluess about the insurance industry and how they operate in state regulatory frameworks and local provider networks to say that.

ACA provides for pacts between states to sell across state lines - ZERO takers.

There are also 3 states that permit buying across state lines - again ZERO takers.

The reason we need tax cuts, is to INCREASE revenue with a growing economy. To many people use counter-intuitive logic to come to the conclusion, that it COSTS us REVENUE!

You can research it yourself, (and they all say the same thing) or you can go with this one----->Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Now, I do not one lefty to come here and start talking about the DEFICIT; not one of you! The deficit has NOTHING to do with how much revenue INCREASED, it has to do with how much politicians spent. You need to compare apples to apples, and NOT oranges!

Look at the Kennedy cuts, look at the Regan cuts, then look at the GW cuts.............and remember, LOOK when the GW legislation was passed, not his Presidency. And if you don't like these and want to try your luck with another, look back at Coolidge, which is not in this chart.

So do not EVER again come up with poppycock like cuts COST the government monies. That is a FALSE statement! The GROWTH from them eats up the loss, proven by these examples.

And so, you have 3 examples of CUTS from this chart, and if you want to go back to Coolidge, do that also for 4 total examples. Now go ahead, produce ONE from the archives that support your nonsense! We dare you!

I hate to tell you this, but despite the fact Reagan lowered taxes once as his part of the idea of "trickle down economics," it failed and he raised taxes in '82, '84, '85, '86, and '87.

"Two bills passed in 1982 and 1984 together "constituted the biggest tax increase ever enacted during peacetime," Thorndike said."

Taxes: What people forget about Reagan - Sep. 8, 2010

""Many Republicans decried the use of additional revenue to help offset any increase in national debt," Connolly said. "Apparently, they forgot that when faced with rising deficits, Ronald Reagan looked to revenue increases, broadening the tax base, closing loopholes and raising taxes. Yes, he raised taxes in 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.""

Rep. Gerry Connolly says Reagan raised taxes during five years of presidency

Now with that said, taxes overall may have been down as a whole during Reagan's 8 years, it was nothing like he promised, because after making huge tax cuts, he eventually kept adding taxes back including the highest one at the time during any peace time period.

LOL, good point! Now answer WHY he did it! It wasn't because of revenue shortfall, it was because he had to cut a DEAL with the Democratic congress. They held him hostage.

But, you have honesty, and I applaud that. Even with his rise in taxes which he was FORCED into, the tax rate was far LOWER than when he took office.

Actually I didn't say it was "far lower." I just said it was lower. Fact is, Reagan had to go back to raising taxes because he realized he couldn't fund many of the government programs, including his "Star wars" missile defense system, with the tax cuts he made.

If Trump were to keep his word, he wouldn't sign off on cutting Medicaid and Medicare... But who expects him to keep his word on anything?

This bill just doesn't make any sense at all. All Presidents in the past cut taxes to stimulate the economy. We don't need it. The middle class isn't going to get a huge tax cut, they never have. Corporations aren't going to stay in the U.S. over a tax cut. The biggest expense to them is payroll, and payroll taxes--and that's why they go overseas.

But to cut billions out of Medicare/Medicade programs to pay for tax cuts for large corporations is to much too take. No talk at all about that 21 TRILLION dollar deficit. It's like it doesn't exist.

That's a really terrible analogy. Killing yourself is the ultimate act. I think there is a problem with how the "experts" measure "happiness". Every place they claim is "happy" is also prone to self oblivion. The two don't compute.

So let me get this straight...Cruz that wants to hand out tax cuts to corporations that outsourced, offshored and screw over the American worker is somehow right in your mind? lol...Apple and GE paid next to nothing the past few years and you think they should pay less or maybe get paid for screwing over America?

Cruz wants to turn America into a third world shit hole and let the robbers run away with the loot. Ted cruz is the liar and fool here.

I agree with you on this. Congress is bought and paid for. That's why trump is doing what he is doing. Allowing people to buy health insurance across State lines will be one of the best things any one has done to reduce costs.

Total fantasy. You seriously have to be cluess about the insurance industry and how they operate in state regulatory frameworks and local provider networks to say that.

There are also 3 states that permit buying across state lines - again ZERO takers.

The reason we need tax cuts, is to INCREASE revenue with a growing economy. To many people use counter-intuitive logic to come to the conclusion, that it COSTS us REVENUE!

You can research it yourself, (and they all say the same thing) or you can go with this one----->Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Now, I do not one lefty to come here and start talking about the DEFICIT; not one of you! The deficit has NOTHING to do with how much revenue INCREASED, it has to do with how much politicians spent. You need to compare apples to apples, and NOT oranges!

Look at the Kennedy cuts, look at the Regan cuts, then look at the GW cuts.............and remember, LOOK when the GW legislation was passed, not his Presidency. And if you don't like these and want to try your luck with another, look back at Coolidge, which is not in this chart.

So do not EVER again come up with poppycock like cuts COST the government monies. That is a FALSE statement! The GROWTH from them eats up the loss, proven by these examples.

And so, you have 3 examples of CUTS from this chart, and if you want to go back to Coolidge, do that also for 4 total examples. Now go ahead, produce ONE from the archives that support your nonsense! We dare you!

I hate to tell you this, but despite the fact Reagan lowered taxes once as his part of the idea of "trickle down economics," it failed and he raised taxes in '82, '84, '85, '86, and '87.

"Two bills passed in 1982 and 1984 together "constituted the biggest tax increase ever enacted during peacetime," Thorndike said."

""Many Republicans decried the use of additional revenue to help offset any increase in national debt," Connolly said. "Apparently, they forgot that when faced with rising deficits, Ronald Reagan looked to revenue increases, broadening the tax base, closing loopholes and raising taxes. Yes, he raised taxes in 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.""

Now with that said, taxes overall may have been down as a whole during Reagan's 8 years, it was nothing like he promised, because after making huge tax cuts, he eventually kept adding taxes back including the highest one at the time during any peace time period.

LOL, good point! Now answer WHY he did it! It wasn't because of revenue shortfall, it was because he had to cut a DEAL with the Democratic congress. They held him hostage.

But, you have honesty, and I applaud that. Even with his rise in taxes which he was FORCED into, the tax rate was far LOWER than when he took office.

Actually I didn't say it was "far lower." I just said it was lower. Fact is, Reagan had to go back to raising taxes because he realized he couldn't fund many of the government programs, including his "Star wars" missile defense system, with the tax cuts he made.

I just don't get why these people want to abolish the government. No where on this planet does it ever work and it just causes suffering.

Of course they attack the educated, the educator and anyone that dares stand up to them. They have to as they're fools.

The second question is,,,,why reward cheaters and traitors?

I just don't get why these people want to abolish the government. No where on this planet does it ever work and it just causes suffering.

Of course they attack the educated, the educator and anyone that dares stand up to them. They have to as they're fools.

The second question is,,,,why reward cheaters and traitors?

I think there is a saying about this... Something along the lines of "You don't know what you've got until it is gone?" All these people that want to cut so many programs are all for it now, until something catastrophic happens and they need it.

Really? Really! Did you look at the table? After adjustment for inflation, the revenue almost DOUBLED, lol! And how was the Kennedy tax cuts? Want to look at Coolidge do ya!

Liberal tax cut theory is full of hot air, and we both know it!

And I have an even BETTER idea--------> why don't you look specifically at BILL CLINTONS capital gains tax cut, and see what came in the year before it, and the year AFTER it, as far as in the specific category of capital gains tax revenue.

Explain that! By your way of thinking, it should have tanked!

There is no doubt, your side does not have a leg to stand on; and yet you keep trying. I have no idea why you do with the evidence right in front of your face, unless you are a Democrat operative.

On SOCIAL issues there is certainly an argument of opinion. But on tax cuts, you lose by facts in evidence. In my opinion, if you are just a regular person, I can understand your stance on social issues. But behind the scenes, you should be hoping for the tax cuts, to spur the economy with all the evidence against your position!

Really? Really! Did you look at the table? After adjustment for inflation, the revenue almost DOUBLED, lol! And how was the Kennedy tax cuts? Want to look at Coolidge do ya!

And I have an even BETTER idea--------> why don't you look specifically at BILL CLINTONS capital gains tax cut, and see what came in the year before it, and the year AFTER it, as far as in the specific category of capital gains tax revenue.

There is no doubt, your side does not have a leg to stand on; and yet you keep trying. I have no idea why you do with the evidence right in front of your face, unless you are a Democrat operative.

On SOCIAL issues there is certainly an argument of opinion. But on tax cuts, you lose by facts in evidence. In my opinion, if you are just a regular person, I can understand your stance on social issues. But behind the scenes, you should be hoping for the tax cuts, to spur the economy with all the evidence against your position!

Non Sequitur. This discussion isn't about them. I am also not a Democrat. Can you stick to the topic?

I think the Danish guy torpedoed Ted. He made it pretty clear Denmark has a better healthcare system and it's half the cost.

And most of the government funding comes from State owned oil production. Add to that the fact the country has less people than Nevada and New Mexico combined and it is pretty easy to see why they can afford what they have.

The point I was referencing was that Ted made Danish healthcare sound terrible, and then the Danish conservative guy made it clear that it is actually much better than ours and at half the cost.

Since we are the largest economy in the world, why couldn't we afford healthcare that is half the cost of what we have now?

Of course it's better, they get to use oil wealth to pay for it. Something that you ignore when you think you can apply the Danish model to our country.

But it isn't more expensive. It is half the cost of our system.

Yes, because the doctors don't have to pay exorbitant malpractice insurance costs for one. They also get to make sweetheart deals to buy drugs developed in the USA at great cost that we taxpayers pay the ultra high costs for. When their doctors are sued the loser pays so frivolous lawsuits don't happen. Etc. etc. etc. You really aren't good at this.

In the debate they said it is half the cost and Cruz didn't dispute that. I don't think your claims could account for such a difference.

Past Presidents--JFK, Reagan, G.W. Bush cut taxes to stimulate the economy. Today we have a fairly good economy--there's no need to cut taxes. I just don't see the sense in this. As before the middle class isn't going to get a huge tax cut, they never have. So this cut will go to large corporations on the pretense, (according to Cruz) that they'll keep jobs in this country. They won't it will still be much cheaper to manufacture overseas than in the U.S. because of our wages and payroll taxes.

This tax cut doesn't make any sense, especially if they're having to cut billions out of Medicade/Medicare to pay for it. Did everyone forget about that 21 TRILLION dollar deficit?

Or it could be that suicide there is not as frowned upon as it is here?

"71% of Denmark's population is in favor of legalizing assisted suicide."

Assisted suicide - Wikipedia

Bernie Sanders had a bill to get drugs at cheaper costs, and even buy them from Canada... Congress rejected it. Fuck them, they are just tools for pharmaceutical lobbyist.

He tripled the debt so there was a revenue shortfall.

How about the Bush tax cuts?

I see you neglected to provide links to support what you claim. Please provide them.

No what you see is me not giving a crap. You can look this up or not, but sooner or later you’ll know anyway as none of this across-the-state-lines canard will pan out.

So in other words you lied. Go figure.
No that’s not other words, that’s bullshit.

Non Sequitur. This discussion isn't about them. I am also not a Democrat. Can you stick to the topic?

Oh, you mean you want to talk about how Ted clobbered Bernie! Well, with the facts I have given and the links to prove it, is it any wonder that Bernie got hosed-)

Deflection by lefties when they are getting their rearends handed to them, and their like minded flock; is an art. It is obvious your name should be Picasso-)

He tripled the debt so there was a revenue shortfall.

LOL, there ya go again! Just because the Democratic congress spent more money, doesn't mean the revenue fell. Did you even look at the table? Are you sooooooooo brainwashed that YOU do not want the government to have more money?

I can not fathom some of these people. They claim they want MORE money to spend, and when we give them a path, they change their minds. Go figure!

All Presidents in the past who have cut taxes--JFK, Reagan, Bush did it to stimulate the economy--we were in recession's at the time when they did it. There is no excuse for this one.

For 7 long years all we heard from Republicans is they were going to repeal & replace Obamacare with a less costly, more beneficial, efficient health care plan. We also heard (until our ears bled) about the 21 TRILLION dollars in red ink), and then they pull this stunt.

There is no Fiscal Responsibility in this tax bill--it's just a stunt so they can go home and campaign on a pos bill that only gave a tax cut to LARGE corporations while robbing Medicare/medicade to get it done, and as if (large corporations need a tax break anyway.)

So the Pharmacutical industry that is ripping us off on the cost of prescription drugs, making billions & billions of dollars gets their taxes reduced by 15%.
BULLSHIT

I don't think the Republican party could be trusted with running a lemonade stand right now.

transport-entrepreneur-entrepreneurial_skills-lemonade_stall-lemonade_stand-ferrari-jkn0305_low.jpg

Oh, you mean you want to talk about how Ted clobbered Bernie! Well, with the facts I have given and the links to prove it, is it any wonder that Bernie got hosed-)

Deflection by lefties when they are getting their rearends handed to them, and their like minded flock; is an art. It is obvious your name should be Picasso-)

Ted Cruz lied, multiple times.

All Presidents in the past who have cut taxes--JFK, Reagan, Bush did it to stimulate the economy--we were in recession's at the time when they did it. There is no excuse for this one.

For 7 long years all we heard from Republicans is they were going to repeal & replace Obamacare with a less costly, more beneficial, efficient health care plan. We also heard (until our ears bled) about the 21 TRILLION dollars in red ink), and then they pull this stunt.

There is no Fiscal Responsibility in this tax bill--it's just a stunt so they can go home and campaign on a pos bill that only gave a tax cut to LARGE corporations while robbing Medicare/medicade to get it done, and as if (large corporations need a tax break anyway.)

So the Pharmacutical industry that is ripping us off on the cost of prescription drugs, making billions & billions of dollars gets their taxes reduced by 15%.
BULLSHIT

I don't think the Republican party could be trusted with running a lemonade stand right now.

Ya, ya, ya............and so, revenue to the treasury is baaaaaaaad according to you. How do YOU personally get out of debt? Do you tell your boss NOT to give you a raise, lol.

Phony-baloney, no leg to stand on, and you are shooting blanks!

Is that your BEST effort? You mean that when he talked about treasury receipts going up, he was misleading? PROVE IT! That is all that matters, is it not? If the treasury takes in MORE money, that is a good thing for the country, or do YOU have a differing point of view?

BULLSHIT

transport-entrepreneur-entrepreneurial_skills-lemonade_stall-lemonade_stand-ferrari-jkn0305_low.jpg

You know what--------->It is painfully obvious that you two are SCARED to death........because it doesn't take rocket science to verify the facts. You are well aware that if the economy takes off, it will put the final nail in the liberal coffin for at least a decade. You would rather your fellow countrymen/women suffer, then allow the country to prosper. Some of you people really are off the reservation!

Is that your BEST effort? You mean that when he talked about treasury receipts going up, he was misleading? PROVE IT! That is all that matters, is it not? If the treasury takes in MORE money, that is a good thing for the country, or do YOU have a differing point of view?

Strawman. You really are bad about discussing things. You draw conclusions that weren't part of the discussion, you make analogies that aren't comparable, and you can only "win" points when you create weak arguments that you can defeat on your own.

Sad really.

Strawman. You really are bad about discussing things. You draw conclusions that weren't part of the discussion, you make analogies that aren't comparable, and you can only "win" points when you create weak arguments that you can defeat on your own.

Sad really.

Fascinating, lol. You haven't produced one thing on taxes, and yet claim you are winning. I bet you are a legend in your own mind too!

BULLSHIT

You know what--------->It is painfully obvious that you two are SCARED to death........because it doesn't take rocket science to verify the facts. You are well aware that if the economy takes off, it will put the final nail in the liberal coffin for at least a decade. You would rather your fellow countrymen/women suffer, then allow the country to prosper. Some of you people really are off the reservation!

Look you wouldn't know what a Fiscal Conservative was if it came up and bit you in the ASS. There is no reason to give large corporations a tax cut, they don't need one.

1. Small Business's in this country are typically Sub chapter S corporations ((I know I was one for over 30 years, and am very accustomed to tax rates.) S Corporations pay the individual rate, not corporate rates so this bill doesn't do jack for them.
2. This is NOT a middle class tax cut. They'll diddle a little out to them--to spin it that way but it will end up being an extra gallon of milk each week.
3. They're ROBBING Medicare/Medicade programs to pay for this large corporation tax cut.

Large corporations in this country--Oil, pharmacuticals, medical, high tech, auto, are all doing well making billions of dollars. It's not going to stop them from shipping jobs overseas--because it's payroll and payroll taxes here--that sends them overseas.

It's a bullshit bill--to send a pee stream down your leg, and there is no excuse for this bill. We are not in a recession, the economy is doing well, and this is our opportunity to pay down some of the 21 trillion in red ink, not add to it.

daffy+duck+stupid+people+and+aliens.jpg

BULLSHIT

Look you wouldn't know what a Fiscal Conservative was if it came up and bit you in the ASS. There is no reason to give large corporations a tax cut, they don't need one.

1. Small Business's in this country are typically Sub chapter S corporations ((I know I was one for over 30 years, and am very accustomed to tax rates.) S Corporations pay the individual rate, not corporate rates so this bill doesn't do jack for them.
2. This is NOT a middle class tax cut. They'll diddle a little out to them--to spin it that way but it will end up being an extra gallon of milk each week.
3. They're ROBBING Medicare/Medicade programs to pay for this large corporation tax cut.

Large corporations in this country--Oil, pharmacuticals, medical, high tech, auto, are all doing well making billions of dollars. It's not going to stop them from shipping jobs overseas--because it's payroll and payroll taxes here--that sends them overseas.

It's a bullshit bill--to send a pee stream down your leg, and there is no excuse for this bill. We are not in a recession, the economy is doing well, and this is our opportunity to pay down some of the 21 trillion in red ink, not add to it.

daffy+duck+stupid+people+and+aliens.jpg

So says you! No reason for the bill? Tell all of these nice people, how fast is the economy growing, and is it ABOVE, or BELOW historical standards?

As far as corporations--------->all corporations are is TAX COLLECTORS. They collect the tax from us, then give it to the government.

Neither of you have come up with any graph from the government showing any loss from tax BREAKS, therefore for all intensive purposes, you and CAREBEAR have lost the debate, period!

When/if you come up with proff from the governments own reporting, we can reconstitute this debate, but until that time, you have lost, admit it, and go find someone else willing to debate nonsense like.....WE DON'T NEED A CUT, BECAUSE I, the charming and delightful Oreo says so, lol-)

Forum List

Back