Crawling to godless science?

Why do we need religion anymore? Isn't this the real question? Perhaps all religions are a beautiful fiction. A psychological tool we use to deal with mortality and the unknown. A security blanket. Fables, parables and a notions we somehow matter in a immense universe that swallows us up as if we never existed.

Or maybe God actually exists and is just waiting for us to seriously look for Him before He will reveal Himself to us.

Or maybe pigs will fly out my butt.

What we need is for mankind to stop making excuses for not taking responsibility of where we have been what we are and where we are going.

Or maybe pigs will fly out my butt.

What we need is for mankind to stop making excuses for not taking responsibility of where we have been what we are and where we are going.

You should really be careful about what you wish for.

And how can you take responsibility for where youe been and where you are going if you dont understand the facts of the universe around you?

Believing in god is a leftover from when humans were completely ignorant of the world around them. Nowadays, people believe in that stuff because it's too scary for them to believe otherwise. And they try to shove it down your throat because they're not 100% convinced themselves and will only convince themselves if everyone in the world agrees with them. Kinda like communism. Only Nicer, lol.

Believing in god is a leftover from when humans were completely ignorant of the world around them.
How platitudinous.

Nowadays, people believe in that stuff because it's too scary for them to believe otherwise.
I don't have any beliefs that I haven't arrived at rationally. Can you provide a better explanation for the origin of the universe?

And they try to shove it down your throat because they're not 100% convinced themselves and will only convince themselves if everyone in the world agrees with them.

I don't give a damn what you or anybody else believes if it doesn't affect me. :lol:

If I needed the feeling of "safety in numbers" to rationalize my beliefs, I'd become an atheist or convert to a more mainstream school of Sunni Islam.

Not knowing the origin of the universe doesn't mean that it was created by a god, especially one that thinks that it's ok to make women second class citizens, and to discriminated against gays and others.

At least I admit I don't know the origin or purpose of the universe, or even if there is a thing called god, those things are beyond our capabilities to figure out at this time. Ignorance about a subject doesn't automatically mean there's a god, that's not rational.

Hope? Like when did that happen?

Much of it depends on the religion, there are other reasons as well but that's the biggest one.

Hope ....

Hope that this life is not meaningless.
Hope that it doesn't all just end.
Hope that something bigger than us is still watching.
Hope that we are not alone.
Hope that no matter how bad we fuck up, someone somewhere in the universe is still smiling when we do good.

-fear that if you're wrong about the dogma you suffer unimaginable torment for eternity due to god's incompetence
-fear that if you think for yourself, you'll be branded a heretic and stoned or burned

Religion is about fear. It is a social tool used to keep order by means of fear, terror, and manipulation

-fear that if you're wrong about the dogma you suffer unimaginable torment for eternity due to god's incompetence
-fear that if you think for yourself, you'll be branded a heretic and stoned or burned

Religion is about fear. It is a social tool used to keep order by means of fear, terror, and manipulation

life is about fear. people are afraid of everything. You are afraid. You dont let onto it, but you are.

Religion on the other hand gives people power over their fears. Because faith and fear cannot coexist.

except that faith is based on fear- the abrahamic faiths are built around the fear of 'hell' (actually, the lake of fire jesus compared to a burning garbage pit, as everyone goes to 'hell', but most so-called christians don't know their own bible')

life is about fear. people are afraid of everything. You are afraid. You dont let onto it, but you are.

Religion on the other hand gives people power over their fears. Because faith and fear cannot coexist.

Jebukeyomamma... You gonna let this fear mongerin piece of crap tell ya what time it is?

read one post above you, huggy. The fool has no response

No point to. You didnt respond to what I originally said. You just denied it and continued with your own baseless assertion.

There is no fear in faith. The people so focused with hell dont have faith, they dont even understand what hell is. Fear doesnt create faith. Fear is the antithesis of faith.

really... so when jesus said to love and fear god... and when the bible talks about the fear of god... and god's wrath and being afraid of it coming down upon you... the bible is the antithesis of faith?

Forum List

Back