Crawling to godless science?

The facts are, God could easy be proven if people were willing to get off their butts and experiment on the Word like He asks. When you recieve revelation with power its impossible to ignore the source.

As for the 'source' of these voices and delusions, are we referring to the trauma or the schizophrenia? When people scream 'I hear god"- it's usually a sign they're crazy

That 'source' is your own psyche. And experiment on his word? What experiments do you propose to tests these delusions you take from a demonstratively impossible and contradictory collection of books chosen by an earthly king?

If you are shot, do you want me to call the paramedics/ambulance or the nearest priest to save your life?

As for the 'source' of these voices and delusions, are we referring to the trauma or the schizophrenia? When people scream 'I hear god"- it's usually a sign they're crazy

Name calling. How mature.

You really need to learn a simple fact of life just because you have no experience with something doesnt mean others dont.

Which, of course, demands the question: Why the hell should we listen to you about God when you admit you have no knowledge about Him? After all, I wouldnt listen to someone try to explain "the truth" about calculus who admits that he hasnt done it or even believe it exists. Now that would be insane.

That 'source' is your own psyche. And experiment on his word? What experiments do you propose to tests these delusions you take from a demonstratively impossible and contradictory collection of books chosen by an earthly king?

The source is the Holy Spirit who can convince men the truth of all things. When He reveals knowledge to you, no honest man can ignore it.

Christ said if you would do what He stated, you would know whether the doctrine was true or from the Father. Faith proceeds revelation. You dont have to blindly assume, you just have to have enough faith to try.

If you are shot, do you want me to call the paramedics/ambulance or the nearest priest to save your life?

I dont really care what you do. I am not going to die for a long time. If I get shot, I will be healed whether through Drs who have learned how to heal through revelation, or through divine healing. It doesnt matter to me.

If you want to deny divine healing because you are "too smart" for it. I on the other hand am not going to be so foolish. Ive seen too many people healed. Ive been healed by the power of God.

People can be healed, most simply dont have the faith for it. And others dont have faith to heal others. But the gift is real. I've seen it with my own eyes. Ive felt it with my own body.

You dont have to believe it. You dont have to take my word for it. Like all matters with God, you can learn for yourself. But you have to give up your notions that you know all the answers and that anyone who knows something you dont is crazy. Because if you refuse to admit that it could be possible to learn, you will never be able to learn a thing.

*calls for god to show self, has faith*
Nope, didn't work

I dont really care what you do. I am not going to die for a long time. If I get shot, I will be healed whether through Drs who have learned how to heal through revelation, or through divine healing. It doesnt matter to me

Now there's a theory I would love to test

*calls for god to show self, has faith*
Nope, didn't work

I was unaware that mocking God constituted a show of faith. If you have the courage to actually seek the truth, then do it. Dont put up a show.

Now there's a theory I would love to test

So you want to shoot me? Real mature.

It'd be a chance to test the hypothesis and potentially prove your religion. I'm only giving you a chance to show me wrong. Here: make a vid. Shoot yourself in the head w/ a 44. Mag and record your skull being put back together by God. Such evidence could not be ignored

Your argument is flawed.

The Bible says that the persons charged by Christ to be as Disciples and Evangelize would have that power, He did not refer to the entirety to the Church for all the existence of the Church.

Only fringe Protestant groups believe in healing hands, and while maybe there is some cases of that, like speaking in tongues it is no longer the responsibility of the Church.

The Church had that power then to convert persons who never even heard of God ("Look what we can do"), once the Church was established it was never seen as being continued.

And there's no record of such healing in the early Church after the second or so centuries for example.

His argument may be flawed, but it sure as heck isnt for your reason. Why do you imagine yourself a changing God? God has always been a God of miracles. He has always been one to heal those who have faith.

The Gifts of the Spirit are still active in the Church of Jesus Christ. If you dont see them its because you either lack faith or arent affiliated with Christ's Church.

Why don't you take it up with Dr. Martin Luther? You have about a thimble's full of wisdom gleaned from the Bible.

What's changing? God was specific, he would give certain people certain powers to display His fulfillment of the Old Testament.

He didn't say every tom dick and harry would have that power to use to keep themselves healthy.

Nothing is true unless its truth can be demonstrated logically and/or empirically.
So until the truth the truth that "the world is round" is demonstrated logically and/or empirically, the world is not round?
Umm... it has been.

Proof:
EarthBlueMarbleWestTerra.jpg

Proof:
"Aristotle observed 'there are stars seen in Egypt and [...] Cyprus which are not seen in the northerly regions.' Since this could only happen on a curved surface, he too believed Earth was a sphere 'of no great size, for otherwise the effect of so slight a change of place would not be quickly apparent.'"

Proof:
"When a ship is at the horizon its lower part is invisible due to Earth's curvature. This was one of the first arguments favoring a round-Earth model."
Shiphorp.jpg

-Spherical Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My shirt is green. I cant prove that to you because I dont have a camera. Does that mean its not true?
You're wearing it. You can observe the color of your shirt. I can logically assume that your shirt is green and will stick by that assumption until I discover evidence that contradicts it.

There are plenty of things are true that cannot be proved, explained, or even recognized.
There are plenty of things that can't be taken as true.

Why do you people limit your mind so much?
Subscribing to a faith-based religious dogma would be limiting one's mind. Providing a rational basis for one's beliefs would be exercising it.

Science has actually shown that TIME had a beginning, NOT energy.
Energy, mass, and time are all fundamentally related. The hypothetical existence of one without the others would be completely meaningless - describe the existence of energy in the absence of time for us.

Sure, your own theoretical "thermodynamic equilibrium" requires it, if you understood it.
You see, time exists ONLY in terms of motion. Kinetic energy is the energy of motion, and thermodynamic equilibrium requires that all energy exists ONLY as heat, so no motion can exist. So without motion time ceases to exist but the heat energy still does.

That was my point. Thermodynamic equilibrium would be a meaningless state of existence.

Energy, mass, and time are all fundamentally related. The hypothetical existence of one without the others would be completely meaningless - describe the existence of energy in the absence of time for us.

Sure, your own theoretical "thermodynamic equilibrium" requires it, if you understood it.
You see, time exists ONLY in terms of motion. Kinetic energy is the energy of motion, and thermodynamic equilibrium requires that all energy exists ONLY as heat, so no motion can exist. So without motion time ceases to exist but the heat energy still does.

That was my point. Thermodynamic equilibrium would be a meaningless state of existence.

Existence must have meaning ?

So until the truth the truth that "the world is round" is demonstrated logically and/or empirically, the world is not round?

Our observations dont determine the truth of a matter.

You're right about that. But, until one can prove that such a thing is the truth, it would be unrealistic to expect others for whom it hasn't been proven to believe that it is truth.

My shirt is green. I cant prove that to you because I dont have a camera. Does that mean its not true?

There are plenty of things are true that cannot be proved, explained, or even recognized. Does that make them suddenly false? Of course not.

No, but like I said, if those things can't be proved then to live my life based on something that I don't believe because it hasn't been proved isn't sane or realistic.

Why do you people limit your mind so much?

If maintaining an open mind is believing in things which haven't been proved to us, then that isn't keeping an open mind, its just believing in something that hasn't been proven to us. And why would someone do that? Simle: because they WANT to.

The bible says believers will lay hands upon the sick and heal them. All- death, life, health, and sickness- is god's will. Indeed, the bible says god is the source of all darkness and evil. Why, then, if they believe, do christians trust the lives of their children not to god but to godless science- to satan (as all comes from god or satan, according t christian doctrine), to knowledge gained through desecration of corpses and rejection of religious dogma? If they really believe, then why do they not ask their god for help and accept whatever god wills? Why do they come crawling to the ungodly heathens to ask for our science to save them when it really matters?

Your bible is a rediculous fairy tale. There is no god. Deal with it.

Baloney, your point was that energy can't exist without time, a PHYSICAL impossibility not a meaningless existence. Your own "thermodynamic equilibrium" would have to be an example of energy existing without time.

Baloney, your point was that energy can't exist without time, a PHYSICAL impossibility not a meaningless existence.
That's what my point was, eh?

Your own "thermodynamic equilibrium" would have to be an example of energy existing without time.
That energy would "exist" is meaningless because none of that energy would exist in a usable form.

Existence must have meaning ?

It would be "existence" and nothing more. Nothing would happen, no movement would occur on any level. It may as well be nonexistence.

Why do we need religion anymore? Isn't this the real question? Perhaps all religions are a beautiful fiction. A psychological tool we use to deal with mortality and the unknown. A security blanket. Fables, parables and a notions we somehow matter in a immense universe that swallows us up as if we never existed.

Why do we need religion anymore? Isn't this the real question? Perhaps all religions are a beautiful fiction. A psychological tool we use to deal with mortality and the unknown. A security blanket. Fables, parables and a notions we somehow matter in a immense universe that swallows us up as if we never existed.

I can give you one good reason to have religion: Hope.

Or maybe God actually exists and is just waiting for us to seriously look for Him before He will reveal Himself to us.

God and thermodynamics. Makes ya wonder. Does GOD allow it it or is it just another dry fact in the back ground like gravity?

Forum List

Back