*Crash* Possibly the Greatest Movie Ever

If you haven't seen Crash, you really should watch it. I think it's possibly one of the greatest movies ever. It brings so many issues the the forefront; racism, placism, gender issues, empowerment, prejudice, ambition, and of course plain old fashioned hate. Interwoven in the above issues are six distinct stories featuring Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Michael Pena. And I'm leaving out strong performances by Thandie Newton, Ryan Fellipe (sp?), Brendan Fraser, and Jennifer Espisito.

Incredible movie and well deserving of the awards it has won.
no wonder you loved it ! its full of all of the lefts white guilt bull.

If you haven't seen Crash, you really should watch it. I think it's possibly one of the greatest movies ever. It brings so many issues the the forefront; racism, placism, gender issues, empowerment, prejudice, ambition, and of course plain old fashioned hate. Interwoven in the above issues are six distinct stories featuring Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Michael Pena. And I'm leaving out strong performances by Thandie Newton, Ryan Fellipe (sp?), Brendan Fraser, and Jennifer Espisito.

Really? Who felt guilty. I'd like to hear your analysis.

You have to be joking!

The movie is on many worst Oscar winning movie lists:

LINK 9th worst on the list All 93 Best Picture Winners, Ranked

LINK 3rd worst on the list All 90 Best Picture Oscar Winners Ranked

LINK 2nd worst on the list Every Best Picture Oscar Winner Ranked

LINK 6th worst on the list Every Oscar Best Picture Winner Ranked—From Worst to Best

LINK 3rd worst on the list Oscars 2020: The 10 worst Best Picture winners, from Chicago to Braveheart

LINK 9th worst on the list All 92 Oscar best-picture winners, ranked from worst to best by movie critics

LINK worst on the list 13 Worst Movies to Win Best Picture at the Oscars

Brokeback Mountain was a far better movie, they were robbed of the Best picture Oscar.

I have over 500 movies in my collection, will never buy Crash, will buy Brokeback Mountain when it gets cheaper.
All those links amount to absolutely nothing.
All art is subjective.
What is a good movie according to some is complete trash to others.

You have to be joking!

LINK 9th worst on the list All 93 Best Picture Winners, Ranked

LINK 3rd worst on the list All 90 Best Picture Oscar Winners Ranked

LINK 2nd worst on the list Every Best Picture Oscar Winner Ranked

LINK 6th worst on the list Every Oscar Best Picture Winner Ranked—From Worst to Best

LINK 3rd worst on the list Oscars 2020: The 10 worst Best Picture winners, from Chicago to Braveheart

LINK 9th worst on the list All 92 Oscar best-picture winners, ranked from worst to best by movie critics

LINK worst on the list 13 Worst Movies to Win Best Picture at the Oscars

Brokeback Mountain was a far better movie, they were robbed of the Best picture Oscar.

I have over 500 movies in my collection, will never buy Crash, will buy Brokeback Mountain when it gets cheaper.
All those links amount to absolutely nothing.
All art is subjective.
What is a good movie according to some is complete trash to others.
Precisely.

a watched it and i felt no guilt at all ..... the movie was ok but thats about it ! i feel no guilt about being white or no guilt about my white ancestors.

a watched it and i felt no guilt at all ..... the movie was ok but thats about it ! i feel no guilt about being white or no guilt about my white ancestors.

I doubt you watched it since you can't tell which characters felt "white guilt".

What did you feel when you watched it?
Please be honest.

15 years after winning an academy award, I still haven’t seen it

For an award winning film, it is rarely broadcast. I have never heard anyone really talking about it.

Other Best Pictures I haven’t seen
The Artist, Spotlight, Moonlight, Parasite

Never see them on Netflix, HBO, Amazon

Mustn’t be much of a market

For an award winning film, it is rarely broadcast. I have never heard anyone really talking about it.

No large studio was behind it.
I regularly see prize winning Indie films on TV
Crash? Not so much

Same goes for The Artist, Spotlight, Moonlight, Paradise

Have you seen them?

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?
Spotlight I think. Neither of the others.

The movie script was so compelling, it’s rumored that Bullock worked for scale and paid her own travel between the set of a movie she was working on and the scenes in Crash.

It’s one of those movies that is even more relevant today than it was when it was released.

Hope you check it out

You have to be joking!

LINK 9th worst on the list

LINK 3rd worst on the list

LINK 2nd worst on the list

LINK 6th worst on the list

LINK 3rd worst on the list

LINK 9th worst on the list

LINK worst on the list

I didn't go through all of the links very far. I'd be interested to see the credentials of the list makers.

One said that Babe was a better movie than Braveheart. Not much more need to be said about their qualifications....

Thanks for the chuckle.

I have yet to see a single positive listing for Crash..... anywhere, Notice you didn't show a positive list, but then we both know it doesn't exist. Notice you ignored Brokeback Mountain, a far better movie....

Babe is a fine movie, so was Braveheart.

There are many non winning movies that are far better than Crash, at least 1,000 better movies than Crash.

Do the right thing is a far better movie about race issues, than Crash.
Not that it needs any help from me--it's greatness speaks for itself but here is just a sampling of folks who thought it was one of the best movies:

View attachment 335817

LA Times, USA Today, Time Magazine, EW, Rolling Stone.

Who was it you were quoting? Collide.com? :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

:auiqs.jpg:

Good job finding the list, but there is no working LINK.

I see that your unsourced link shows mostly far leftist writers and critics drooling over a movie that is heavy on race issues. My lists uses a better metric by combining the viewers, critics ratings of the movie they watched.

Meanwhile:

Crash has a 74 Rotten Tomato rating, versus 87 for Brokeback Mountain.

Crash has a 7.8 IMDB rating, versus 7,7 for Brokeback Mountain

Crash has a 66 Metacritic rating (The movie Critics total score, Brokeback Mountain has 87 score, meaning they got nearly universal excellent rating from the critics.

Here is the list of critics who liked Brokeback Mountain more than Crash:

METACRITIC

Here is a sampling of names in the list:

Chicago Sun-Times -- Roger Ebert gave it a 100 score

Newsweek-- 100 score

Los Angeles Times -- 100 score

New York Times-- 100 score

USA Today-- 100 score

On and on it goes...

Clearly shows that Brokeback Mountain is a better made movie.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Here we go with claiming it was politics or some plot....give it a rest.

Never saw brokeback mountain. Have no plans to.

Sounds like a lot of people liked it. Good for them.
It was about a gay cowboy. I couldn't relate, but apparently some people do.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

The movie script was so compelling, it’s rumored that Bullock worked for scale and paid her own travel between the set of a movie she was working on and the scenes in Crash.

It’s one of those movies that is even more relevant today than it was when it was released.

Hope you check it out
I haven’t been too enthusiastic about recent Best Picture winners
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?

Crash was a really thoughtful movie that realistically portrayed how people end up feeling unfriendly toward another group. You can understand why they feel that way and how those feelings sometimes lead to violence. The movie SHOWS; it doesn't TELL us what is right or wrong. I'm surprised so many people thought it was awful.

I didn't see the other movies it was supposedly better than, so I can't say, but when I saw it I recognized it as one of the best movies I've seen in a long while. It was sensitive to the human beings behind all the racial tension. It didn't preach. It made us THINK.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?
12 Years a Slave was another one that didn't come close. After all the hype it was getting, I expected a lot more from it.

You weren't supposed to.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?
12 Years a Slave was another one that didn't come close. After all the hype it was getting, I expected a lot more from it.
Agree
Good movie but not groundbreaking
Like most Best Pictures, not something I would want to watch twice

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?
Agree
Good movie but not groundbreaking
Like most Best Pictures, not something I would want to watch twice
I would not want to watch it again because it was so painful to watch. But it was the same old same old stuff I never have the stomach to watch. Made myself persevere and watch it all. It was terrible to be a slave. Or to be black, generally, back then. But that's nothing new.

Forum List

Back